Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

friendly bot damage vs compensation

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

Again today im torped by friendly bot in Co-op, once again it wasn't because I ran in front, he was way to the rear while a couple of us were engaging an enemy. Ok I can accept the odd stupid bot issue. What annoys me is that when I have to pay over 40k for damage and the bot/game mechanic pays me 18k ..  I went from full health to maybe 200 hp .. the maths don't add up here. The economy is not working ...

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
950 posts
5,652 battles

They are not bots on your team, the bots are only on the enemy team (although I have not played high tier co-op so I havn't seen them use bots on friendly team to fill in the numbers)

As for the economy you get on average 3x xp and silver by playing PvP. but once you pass tier 6 (standard account) you may well make a loss in a battle, this is to keep players playing their lower tier ships so the population doesn't all end up playing only high tier. So economy is working as intended.

As a guide WG tend to make the tier 5 ships/planes/tanks the most profitable for making credits, or they have their premium ships which also make more and have cheaper repair bill.

195 posts
356 battles

I don't know why they don't just turn friendly fire off. It'd solve the TKing situation, and there wouldn't be any fines for Team Damage.

Before anyone gives me the historical bullshit, look at the amount of blueprint tanks in WoT, and the upgrades for them. Historical my ass.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Again today im torped by friendly bot in Co-op, once again it wasn't because I ran in front, he was way to the rear while a couple of us were engaging an enemy. Ok I can accept the odd stupid bot issue. What annoys me is that when I have to pay over 40k for damage and the bot/game mechanic pays me 18k ..  I went from full health to maybe 200 hp .. the maths don't add up here. The economy is not working ...

Uh, it was a Cylon captain, not a bot. They have a plan. :sceptic:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

They are not bots on your team, the bots are only on the enemy team (although I have not played high tier co-op so I havn't seen them use bots on friendly team to fill in the numbers)

As for the economy you get on average 3x xp and silver by playing PvP. but once you pass tier 6 (standard account) you may well make a loss in a battle, this is to keep players playing their lower tier ships so the population doesn't all end up playing only high tier. So economy is working as intended.

As a guide WG tend to make the tier 5 ships/planes/tanks the most profitable for making credits, or they have their premium ships which also make more and have cheaper repair bill.

You do get bots on your team if there are not many players in the co op que last i remember of co op

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

You do get bots on your team if there are not many players in the co op que last i remember of co op

Once you hit 1 minute 30 seconds in the co-op queue, MM puts bots on the allied team to fill in the empty spaces if there aren't enough real players in the MM queue. You might sometimes see this happening at the dead of the night at 4am.

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

Was definitely a "friendly" bot, in fact I have had a couple games where I was the only non-bot ... but that aside, my point is if you take 35K credits friendly damage you should get paid 35k credits .. getting nearly 40k credits of friendly damage and being paid 18 k ... not so good.    I get nervous around anything with torpedus now ...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Was definitely a "friendly" bot, in fact I have had a couple games where I was the only non-bot ... but that aside, my point is if you take 35K credits friendly damage you should get paid 35k credits .. getting nearly 40k credits of friendly damage and being paid 18 k ... not so good.    I get nervous around anything with torpedus now ...

Bot will be showed in Player list with 

:[Random Name]:

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

why would you even bother playing co-op lmao

umm because after closed beta the game became a  lemming train and MM kept putting 2 carriers into tier 4 matches where nobody had AA ..  easier on my brain to step back and relax while still enjoying the game..

Bot will be showed in Player list with

:[Random Name]:

Yes ... correct

Im not sure anyone is getting the actual point im making ... taking 40k credits  of damage from a friendly and being reimbursed 18k credits   ... how about if you loaned me 40 dollars and I repaid 18  dollars ..that's kinda the maths im talking about ... can't be that hard to compensate friendly damage accurately

Sign in to follow this