You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Fail range salvos vs fail torpedoes

25 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Sometimes I fire a salvo from my BB and the shots fall embarrassingly short, as if some loader monkey forgot to put powder into the shell.

Dev representatives are telling me, "What, do you want 100% accuracy, all the time?".

UM NO. I just want my BB salvo to NOT FALL 300-500 meters short of a target, while I wait for my next 30 plus seconds of reload.

(BTW the targets ARE NOT moving at an angle away or towards my ship), so it's not an aiming issue from the player side, it's also not lag related.

If this is the case DEVS, then how about torpedoes that FAIL TO DETONATE?. Because every single torp that has hit me so far, has done the nasty to me.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

• Dispersion accuracy buff at close distances for BBs. No dispersion changes are planned for medium and long distances, works as intended. If you don't like that -- play cruisers.

How Terrible mate.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

If this is the case DEVS, then how about torpedoes that FAIL TO DETONATE?. Because every single torp that has hit me so far, has done the nasty to me.

(Check every player in both CBT and OBT and see their Torpedoes Hit Rate, OVER 1000 Player about only 50 can reach beyond 20% using High tier DD)

Edit to Add: (IJN Torpedoes  Extremely rare to fail to explode when hit, IRL)

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

(Check every player in both CBT and OBT and see their Torpedoes Hit Rate, OVER 1000 Player about only 50 can reach beyond 20% using High tier DD)

Edit to Add: (IJN Torpedoes never Fail to explode when hit, IRL)

It's the low-mid tier spam. High tier dd's have long reloads. Oh IJN torpedoes NEVER failed to explode?.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The problem with RNG regarding Dispersion that I observe so far:

That Your Completely Miss shot have the same Chance with when your shot accurate

Just my thought

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's the low-mid tier spam. High tier dd's have long reloads. Oh IJN torpedoes NEVER failed to explode?.

They Failed when explode on board:trollface:

and I'm talking about Long lance (I stand Corrected, Extremely rare to failed)

29 posts
850 battles

I think its quite fair for CAs though, becuz BBs have highest firing range and damage if it land on citadel.

It is terrible, terrible damage.

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I'm not sure how to explain it to you. It's not an accuracy issue, it's not a dispersion issue. I'm confident it's an error.

Is it? I never had any problem shooting in BBs, even in the so-called bad ship Kawachi, and especially ranged targets.

Even close range I found it quite easy.

Maybe it's indeed your aim problem. Never seen anything like this before.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i've encounter a rare bug during cbt and obt. its only exclusive to the type 93 torpedo of isokaze and minekaze. the bug is the torpedo only do module damage and flooding but no detonation damage and its not lag fault like the others said before because. during open beta my torpedo hit a half HP isokaze at starbord side and it only knock its engine and cause flooding but the isokaze just repair it and sails away. 

made a report about it before but it was just ignore.

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

I'm not sure how to explain it to you. It's not an accuracy issue, it's not a dispersion issue. I'm confident it's an error.

I've noticed this occasionally as well it seems to happen when another ship passes in front of the ship I'm aiming at it's as if the guns gravitate towards the closer ship without the aiming reticule moving.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Make sure to lock on to the ship you're shooting at - that has a tangible effect on accuracy and dispersion.

I've seen what Mudfart's describing and sometimes it is because the game gets confused about which ship it should target.  I know you can do it manually but the process as a whole is counter-intuitive.  You move your aiming point onto the target and the game will auto-target it (it gets the white circle and there's an audible kind of thunk).  To prevent the game getting confused by another enemy ship passing close to the other one, you need to press X twice because the first time it will deselect the target and second time it will reselect it but this time it's actually locked on.  It's really badly thought through.  You should only have to press X once and a locked on target should be identified with a different coloured circle, perhaps yellow, so you know instantly whether it's simply been auto-targeted by the game or whether it's actually locked on.

If the auto-targeting and locking on are actually different things for the purpose of accuracy and dispersion then somebody at HQ should get slapped around the head, because right now all we've got is a white circle for both.

Edited by Potoroo

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Sometimes I fire a salvo from my BB and the shots fall embarrassingly short, as if some loader monkey forgot to put powder into the shell.

Dev representatives are telling me, "What, do you want 100% accuracy, all the time?".

UM NO. I just want my BB salvo to NOT FALL 300-500 meters short of a target, while I wait for my next 30 plus seconds of reload.

(BTW the targets ARE NOT moving at an angle away or towards my ship), so it's not an aiming issue from the player side, it's also not lag related.

Are you launching them too close? Launching them too far? Sure they connected?

i've encounter a rare bug during cbt and obt. its only exclusive to the type 93 torpedo of isokaze and minekaze. the bug is the torpedo only do module damage and flooding but no detonation damage and its not lag fault like the others said before because. during open beta my torpedo hit a half HP isokaze at starbord side and it only knock its engine and cause flooding but the isokaze just repair it and sails away. 

made a report about it before but it was just ignore.

There is a damage threshold in the game where you stop doing damage to a certain part when it hits a certain amount of damage.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Are you launching them too close? Launching them too far? Sure they connected?

There is a damage threshold in the game where you stop doing damage to a certain part when it hits a certain amount of damage.

but still sounds unlogic and magical to survive Torpedoes explosion twice IN A DD
Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

torpedoes do fail to detonate in game.

Got hit by a torp from planes belongs to Hakuryuu / Hiryuu

Did 200 damage on me, LOL.

not sure what happened, but torpedoes fail to detonate in game is just a joke

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Wargaming is very good on simulating realism........ :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I've only recently started playing DD. The X to bring up the auto aim doesn't always seem to work for me. I'm sure it's OE (operator error) so can anyone offer a brother a tip or two? :child:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Mudfart i know what you are talking about, it is islands that are causing that to happen to you, islands are good at making the enemy ship look closer than it is so when you go to lead a shot you end up aiming for the island instead of the enemy ship, happens to me from time to time. 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Do read up on the damage mechanics guide posted by amade in the new player section.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I got my first CV last night, and noticed several times, my torps exploded on the hulls of enemy BB's for 0 dmg. As if the torps went underneath the hulls, but I don't think they exited the other side of the ship. I think I was launching them too close to the hulls.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I got my first CV last night, and noticed several times, my torps exploded on the hulls of enemy BB's for 0 dmg. As if the torps went underneath the hulls, but I don't think they exited the other side of the ship. I think I was launching them too close to the hulls.

Yes, if you launch too close they don't activate. Had a Newbie CV driver last night do it three times to me haha. I should have been toast each time :teethhappy:

EDIT: OMG hope it wasn't you mate (then again..... :trollface:)

Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I was in that position too ... many time

My BB are 4 km away from CV and I aim at middle of the shit (Middle, not waterline) and Bam!!! ... all 9 shell fall shot from CV about 500 meter .... WTH!?

I think it more like bug or error than intend to ....

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
38 posts
1,112 battles

It's also the way they implemented range.  Quite often I shoot at water because i know a ship will be there (i just can't see him)  instead of my shots landing at the spot I aimed the ALWAYS land Short.  Same thing will happen when you switch targets but don't update what ur shooting by hitting "x"