You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordbals03

New Skill/Ability for Battleship

45 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
49 posts
4,040 battles

Greetings,

I wonder what if the Battleship will be given a new skill/ability - DROP ANCHOR ...that ship will stop immediately with 100%-200% ship turning rate then after using that there will be time to cool down for ship get move again ...

It will get more interesting when get close quarter battle between BB vs BB, or other ship

Just my 5 cent thought ..

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Bingo.

And yup add it to the game and make battleships lose 90% of their max health every time they press the button, also if they die to it make them instantly black named so people know they TKed themselves.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

No this has been discussed before, ships anchor in sand beds as such they lay more chain than the water depth so the  anchor doesn't lift. Also no ship drops anchor at speed because it will not stop the ship the anchor will get dragged on the sea bed until it hits something hard then all sorts of calamity would befall the ship

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

show me the anchor, chain and the bits to tie it to the ship, that can stop 70,000 tonnes in a moment. and I'll show you good internet connection for WoT SEA from Australia.

*spoiler alert*- both don't exist.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

you'll have to rub out the "subs pls" bingo cross if WG actually figure something out for subs..

IF that happens, we'll just change it from "Subs where" to "Subs OP"  :trollface:

Super Tester
1,677 posts

bingo.

also, one does not simply do that maneuver in dreads, superdreads and post-dread ships. do that and expect your ship to be damaged, your deck smashed, winches destroyed and hull having a sizable gash.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

bingo.

also, one does not simply do that maneuver in dreads, superdreads and post-dread ships. do that and expect your ship to be damaged, your deck smashed, winches destroyed and hull having a sizable gash.

It would just snap the chains, Ship anchors use low quality chains if i am honest, only grade 40-70, In rigging grade 90 chains are used, Basically chains that are designed to be under huge loads which is about as good as chains get (Pink chains are grade 100, basically the same as grade 90 only they can withstand high temperatures for a lot longer, once they go black they are buggered) 

Anywho point is even grade 90 chains would just snap. too much weight in the ship.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Hmmmm im thinking about it you would need something like a 62,000 130,400 ton snap strap instead of chains attached to the anchors for say a Colorado, would have to be flexible, and when it pulled the ship back it would probably pull it under the water. 

Could be the best way to implement submarines, I think im onto something here guys :great:

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

Greetings,

I wonder what if the Battleship will be given a new skill/ability - DROP ANCHOR ...that ship will stop immediately with 100%-200% ship turning rate then after using that there will be time to cool down for ship get move again ...

It will get more interesting when get close quarter battle between BB vs BB, or other ship

Just my 5 cent thought ..

Here we go again.

Another brilliantly stupid idea.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Here we go again.

Another brilliantly stupid idea.

The real captain in real life that did that is neither foolish fool, or already lose his brain