You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ejama

does Japanese Aircraft carrier has kamikaze?

37 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

mmm it happen in WWII but for this game ..NO

Swastika's happened in WWII, but they are not, and will never, be in the game as well.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

A shot down plane may crash on a ship and do damage from what I understand but no to kamikazes, I would be insteresed in seeing fighters do strafing attacks on ships which could temporarily disable some AA. or maybe do minor damage to DD.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

To be fair... I mean just sayin, its not like you can see people inside the planes. 

It is about as offensive as running a japanese ship into another ship while yelling "BANZAI!!!" in team chat. 

God i hate history being censored, no part of history is ever censored where i come from. 

Lest we forget and all that. 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

To be fair... I mean just sayin, its not like you can see people inside the planes. 

Actually, there are no pilots in any planes, similar to how our secondary batteries/AA are unmanned but still fire. 2spooky4me.

I have seen shot down planes hit ships. Dunno if they caused damage or not.

It doesn't do damage, the plane is classified as destroyed but the animation of it just shows it crashing into the water/ships. Heck if planes had those kinds of physics, my dive bombers would pretty much be kamikaze as they drop their bombs like 2m above the target.

------

I thought they weren't gonna add Kamikazes so they can get a lower age rating and therefore have a broader market? same reason why we don't get crew members and pilots shown.

Edited by Chawp

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

Kamikazes, your loss if you keep loosing planes with that lol :D I mean what would your CV do if you have no more planes :D

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I wonder how long it will take before someone will ask whether Kaiten can be implemented in the game, as a special player-controllable torpedo fired by Kitakami and other IJN cruisers.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

It is about as offensive as running a japanese ship into another ship while yelling "BANZAI!!!" in team chat. 

God i hate history being censored, no part of history is ever censored where i come from. 

Lest we forget and all that. 

Kamikazes, your loss if you keep loosing planes with that lol :D I mean what would your CV do if you have no more planes :D

Well, I do that when my ship is at it's death throes and ragster... My CV would yell BANZAI and ram into the nearest enemy ship. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If I recall correctly, most kamikazes were land based. They simply didn't have the training to take off carriers. By the time Japan was desperate enough to use them their carrier force was basically neutered anyway.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I saw lots of Kamikaze Plane in the game right now and Mostly Japanese Dive bomber too..
I think it a bug now, ... Dive bomber just drop Dive down to my ship drop bomb along with plane itself

... bomb explode, Plane dive down through my ship .. goes under water and comeback up again and fly away ... lol

496 posts
4,170 battles

does Jap Aircraft carrier has kamikaze planes?

i wish

I saw lots of Kamikaze Plane in the game right now and Mostly Jap Dive bomber too..

I think it a bug now, ... Dive bomber just drop Dive down to my ship drop bomb along with plane itself

... bomb explode, Plane dive down through my ship .. goes under water and comeback up again and fly away ... lol

fly into the sea past through steel hulls :) then fly bad into the air without any scratch , get hits by bullets "BOOM"

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

A friendly reminder, please do not shorten Japanese to the 3 letter word. Please use Japanese, JP, IJN, or whatnot.

The 3 letter shortening is considered an ethnic slur and will not be tolerated, especially not on my watch.

Good Day

Edited by Conan
typo

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

A friendly reminder, please do not shorten Japanese to the 3 letter word. Please use Japanese, JP, IJN, or whatnot.

The 3 letter shortening is considered and ethnic slur and will not be tolerated, especially not on my watch.

Good Day

What about Jpn? isn't that the same with JP though? :hiding:

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,244 battles

Historicly speaking I don't think Japanese carriers ever launched Kamikaze raids.

All Kamikaze missions started from land bases.

If anyone knows any different I'd gladly stand corrected.:)