You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Yura

Kaneda's 500,000 ton Battleship

16 comments in this topic

930 posts

Zipang

Kaneda's 500,000 ton Super Battleship

kToO2F2.jpg

General specifications:

Length: 609m

Beam: 91m

Draft: god knows

Weight: about 500,000 tonnes 

Speed: 42kn (what)

Powerplant: not known, but is said to have 6 shafts for propulsion 

Crew: 12,000(?)sorry, bad at japanese

Armor:

Belt: 350mm

Deck: 127mm

Turret/Barbette: 305mm

Tower: 410mm

Bulge: 100mm

Armament:

50 x 2 406mm (16 in.) main guns

100 x 1 14cm secondary guns

100 x 1 10cm secondary guns

50 x 2 61cm above water torpedo tubes 

Yeah. A very absurd battleship design that probably never even entered the blueprints or maybe it only stayed on some kid's drawing for his dad to make him proud and go like "oh nice idea kid. maybe I should submit this to the navy headquarters someday" or something. Interesting enough it has the conventional armor of a conventional battleship for a Super Battleship. Which means it is possible to be destroyed in the game by conventional means (torpedoes, large caliber guns, etc) although you don't want that salvo of around 50 16 inch shells going right through your face, but Aircraft Carrier commanders would be really glad make him a nice home for deep sea creatures and a memorial of why you shouldn't make a battleship this large. Anyway, I don't really know if this is just some internet dude's hoax or if this Kaneda guy really exist. I really question the sources since I have no idea on how could you make this go for 42 knots with only 6 shafts. 

tl;dr it's a joke ship

Sources:

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

then there's this.

That ones almost definitely an internet creation, mounting big guns next to the flight deck is a bad idea, the guns would likely cause severe blast damage to any aircraft and equipment on the flight decks when they fired, and the layout of the funnels and masts is bizarre. 

Alpha Tester
5 posts

Interesting enough it has the conventional armor of a conventional battleship for a Super Battleship. Which means it is possible to be destroyed in the game by conventional means (torpedoes, large caliber guns, etc) although you don't want that salvo of around 50 16 inch shells going right through your face, but Aircraft Carrier commanders would be really glad make him a nice home for deep sea creatures and a memorial of why you shouldn't make a battleship this large. Anyway, I don't really know if this is just some internet dude's hoax or if this Kaneda guy really exist. I really question the sources since I have no idea on how could you make this go for 42 knots with only 6 shafts. 

Vice Admiral Hidetaro Kaneda came up with this concept in around 1912 when he was a Commander (not a shipbuilder). Since Japan had limited fund and resources to build many ships, he suggested building one giant ship instead. He came up with this size after numerous calculations to stay level in Pacific Ocean, but of course Japan (or any other countries) did not have the technologies to build it, so it was scrapped.

Edited by eine80

621 posts
2,271 battles

Inb4 submarine [content removed]

Concept looks like Kawachi on steroids.

Also, there's Russian ingenuity:

TorpedoCruiser_zps34a92a27.jpg

82 torpedo tubes total.

And a good old dose of American freedom:

Tillman_sextuple16.jpgYes, those are sextuple gun turrets (Totalling 24 guns of supposed 16 inch caliber). 

Inappropriate content.  Post Edited.  User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

33 posts
1,334 battles

Zipang

Kaneda's 500,000 ton Super Battleship

kToO2F2.jpg

General specifications:

Length: 609m

Beam: 91m

Draft: god knows

Weight: about 500,000 tonnes 

Speed: 42kn (what)

Powerplant: not known, but is said to have 6 shafts for propulsion 

Crew: 12,000(?)sorry, bad at japanese

Armor:

Belt: 350mm

Deck: 127mm

Turret/Barbette: 305mm

Tower: 410mm

Bulge: 100mm

Armament:

50 x 2 406mm (16 in.) main guns

100 x 1 14cm secondary guns

100 x 1 10cm secondary guns

50 x 2 61cm above water torpedo tubes 

Yeah. A very absurd battleship design that probably never even entered the blueprints or maybe it only stayed on some kid's drawing for his dad to make him proud and go like "oh nice idea kid. maybe I should submit this to the navy headquarters someday" or something. Interesting enough it has the conventional armor of a conventional battleship for a Super Battleship. Which means it is possible to be destroyed in the game by conventional means (torpedoes, large caliber guns, etc) although you don't want that salvo of around 50 16 inch shells going right through your face, but Aircraft Carrier commanders would be really glad make him a nice home for deep sea creatures and a memorial of why you shouldn't make a battleship this large. Anyway, I don't really know if this is just some internet dude's hoax or if this Kaneda guy really exist. I really question the sources since I have no idea on how could you make this go for 42 knots with only 6 shafts. 

tl;dr it's a joke ship

Sources:

Apparently this fella is a true person and there were ideas back then to concentrate naval power into one behemoth. But considering he was only a Commander back then and served as an XO of a battleship with no engineering experience, it's unlikely to be more than seamen's tales.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/金田秀太郎

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/五十万トン戦艦

then there's this.

kpxy9ue.jpg

I can't seem to find where in the internet i could find this but I know it's called "Tosa"

"Super Super Dreadnought Tosa"(超超弩級戦艦土佐), from a fiction that's currently worth ¥1

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4054018548/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

350 posts

"Super Super Dreadnought Tosa"(超超弩級戦艦土佐), from a fiction that's currently worth ¥1

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4054018548/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_J

Reminds me of the fictional ship - "Blue Noah", just add an anti-proton gun to the bow.

104 posts
7 battles

Chances are if they wanted to fit a ship like this in the game they'd have to make an entirely new mode and it would undoubtedly always spawn broadside because reasons but you know what props on you for having the guts to even post this on here haha.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Chances are if they wanted to fit a ship like this in the game they'd have to make an entirely new mode and it would undoubtedly always spawn broadside because reasons but you know what props on you for having the guts to even post this on here haha.

THE TOPIC IS DEAD

DEEEEAAD

stop necroing very old topic, if possible create new on