You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Monolith_Preacher

[0.4.0.4]Blue line "fix" test - Islands

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

Introduction

One of the updates that a few people were looking forward to is the possible solution to the blue line abuse that has been happening way back the CBT(don't know with Alpha). As indicated from the patch notes...

" Added a new invisible impenetrable border at the edge of the map, now no part of the ship can end up beyond this borderline. Available on the “Ocean” and “Islands” maps only"

source: http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-0404-patchnotes/

Experimentation

And so, right after updating, Koto-nee is excited to see what kind of fix did they apply to the blue lines..

Even though it's specifically for 2 maps for now just to test, it won't hurt to see if it actually works right?

Two tests were done so far for the Islands map. One for Co-Op mode and one for Random Battle

Co-Op test involved the Hashidate and so far tested the uppermost border of the map... The results however

m6YBJb7.jpg

The Random Battle this time, used the Erie to check it out if the fix is working as intended... Results please~!

AakvS1E.jpg

Summary and Conclusion

The results were... disappointing :(

Based from the first two tests, it can be clearly seen that half of the ship can still traverse the outer border. To top it off, the speed of the ship remains constant, retaining the possibility of it being abused like the usual.

The fix might be considered unsuccessful but it is good to have someone try out the Ocean map's borders and see if something actually happened

Additional Notes

If this thread can just be absorbed to existing blue line threads, please merge it like usual.

I'd also like to ask for the bug report format(I lost it) so I can just edit this OP and have it moved there

I'm looking forward for some other people to share their findings with this

_(:3 」∠)_

Edited by Kotono_Amaha

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

The patchnotes were changed on the EU and NA websites, there was no blue line fix implementation for 0.4.0.4.

The Asia website is written in error.

Edited by benlisquare

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Yup the announcement was a mistype, the fix was not added to the game.

But be assured the devs are working on a fix.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

the fix was not added to the game.

You could even say that in the 0.4.0.4 patch, the blue line fix was...

...HTTP 404: NOT FOUND

(cue tumbleweed effects)