Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lee_soon_shin

Delete standard mode

25 comments in this topic

2 posts
917 battles

I hate standard mode.

because, i often draw in standard mode.

but, domination mode is very exciting.

i wish always playing in domination mode.

what do you think about this ??

thanks read my post. i do not speak english well....

Edited by lee_soon_shin

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Getting a tonne of draws in standard mode doesn't really warrants for a request to remove standard mode.....

By that logic, I should say this as well...

"I hate BBs. Because they are slow and get killed rather easily. Remove BBs"

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

37 posts
3,443 battles

Standard mode is not the problem.

The problem is that some maps result in higher than average chance of draws in standard mode (ahem... two brothers)

WG should do what they did on the Swamp map in WOT. The map resulted in a high draw chance and they finally re-did the map (after people complained for years)

Maybe they can do the same here too!

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

In standard mode it require about 10 minutes for a single ship to capture the base
But get half by 2 ships

JUST saying....

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,457 battles

Dont kill it, just get the mm to lower the liklihood of a std battle. It comes up too frequently and imo doesnt produce as good gameplay as domination mode.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

This post isn't even worth grabbing popcorn...:hiding:

How about you try and cap the enemy base if you can see the chance of a draw? Telling that to your team might help too.

You need to tell that to the opposition as well, because you will often find multiple BB's defending on each side.

But rather than removing standard mode I really hope that the devs find a solution to this problem.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Just a reference from me, AFAIK if you playing BB or CV. You will see standard battle is not bad as domination mode, for me domination mode always leading to lose or draw (9/10 lose). Starting battle, enemy DDs will swarm gap nodes (a nodes which none going there, especially B/C/D) and capping it, other team with heavy armament always chosing duel with other warships (surprisingly that happen on one nodes only), after battling hard with other team with losing almost 20~35% hp. I just sitting on one nodes, waiting for repair and see other nodes already taken out. BB have slow speed (32knots for Kongo), it always take a minute for re-cap other nodes. Unless you orders your team to go re-capping. And that will not happen with limited time. Because I only have one node and they have 3 nodes (depends on map), of course the point capping will growing faster for them. This is why I always hate Domination mode. For CVs, no hope... Just sit on the corner and go home with your sky cow :P

Standard battle is not too different with standard battle in WoT, which go one way (lemming) with *content removed* everywhere. Same like WoWS.

Maybe, your concern is you always using DD or CL with only see domination mode is the only good way to get win, because you always and always going capping gap nodes which lead you to win, 

probably...

PS: correct me if I wrong

Insults or derogatory comments. Sanction issued.

Noppers

Edited by Noppers

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think in the future (far far future when they got more than 8 map ... sayy ... 20+ map) they will make the option to turn off the mode you don't like (like in wot that you can turn off encounter / assualt)

and I hope this game can turn off Starndard mode as well since it the mode i don't like most (but still ok for me) ... 

Domination mode is the best .... but I never saw Domination mode the Ocean map ... did they got any ?

Super Tester
802 posts

I hate standard mode.

What I think is that you should consider getting better at the game.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Just a reference from me, AFAIK if you playing BB or CV. You will see standard battle is not bad as domination mode, for me domination mode always leading to lose or draw (9/10 lose). Starting battle, enemy DDs will swarm gap nodes (a nodes which none going there, especially B/C/D) and capping it, other team with heavy armament always chosing duel with other warships (surprisingly that happen on one nodes only), after battling hard with other team with losing almost 20~35% hp. I just sitting on one nodes, waiting for repair and see other nodes already taken out. BB have slow speed (32knots for Kongo), it always take a minute for re-cap other nodes. Unless you orders your team to go re-capping. And that will not happen with limited time. Because I only have one node and they have 3 nodes (depends on map), of course the point capping will growing faster for them. This is why I always hate Domination mode. For CVs, no hope... Just sit on the corner and go home with your sky cow :P

Standard battle is not too different with standard battle in WoT, which go one way (lemming) with *content removed* everywhere. Same like WoWS.

Maybe, your concern is you always using DD or CL with only see domination mode is the only good way to get win, because you always and always going capping gap nodes which lead you to win, 

probably...

PS: correct me if I wrong

Did you realise that a couple of patches ago they make the team that have most points at the end of the match winning the game, no matter if they loose all but one ship? I have never get a single draw on domination mode since then....

Edited by Noppers
Quote updated

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Did you realise that a couple of patches ago they make the team that have most points at the end of the match winning the game, no matter if they loose all but one ship? I have never get a single draw on domination mode since then....

LOL, I never noticed that. Will have to actually pay attention now :sceptic:
Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Getting a tonne of draws in standard mode doesn't really warrants for a request to remove standard mode.....

By that logic, I should say this as well...

"I hate BBs. Because they are slow and get killed rather easily. Remove BBs"

Ehh Standard mode is extremely broken, 10% of my games are draws, 100% of my draws are standard battles, standard battles make up about 30% of my total battles, this means 1 in 3 standard battles draws. Draws are especially common in high tier games where the maps are bigger and the players more wise.

If its not removed they need to allow players to choose not to play it if they do not want to. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Ehh Standard mode is extremely broken, 10% of my games are draws, 100% of my draws are standard battles, standard battles make up about 30% of my total battles, this means 1 in 3 standard battles draws. Draws are especially common in high tier games where the maps are bigger and the players more wise.

If its not removed they need to allow players to choose not to play it if they do not want to. 

No need to delete it. Why not just reworked the map, or make the cap timer shorter....?

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Oh, so my appointment was right (9/10 lose because 1 I still don't know if WG can make it draw). Anyway, WG just only need to add standard or domination mode selection on setting tab. So, we don't need to delete it

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

how about they just make it that the team with most kills wins the battle instead ??

cuz ive had lots of draws where the team has one ship left, mostly a CV, that just runs away and try's to hide and because the ships are slow they take a long time to get from one side of the map to the other.

if one team has a 3 to 1 advantage over the other team, if the time runs out the team with most kills and a clear 3-1  advantage of ships left should get the win ??

what do people think of that idea ?

EG. enemy has 1 ship and your team has 3+ ships left that team should get the win??

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

No need to delete it. Why not just reworked the map, or make the cap timer shorter....?

Nono not remove it, like in world of tanks how you can choose not to do Domination or or Assault.

A lot of people love standard battle it would be completely unfair to remove it outright. 

Another solution would be making it so the team with more ships left at the end of the 20 minutes is the winning team, then no more draws in standard battles for anyone, it would be win or lose and everyone will be more motivated to get in and fight other ships. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

how about they just make it that the team with most kills wins the battle instead ??

cuz ive had lots of draws where the team has one ship left, mostly a CV, that just runs away and try's to hide and because the ships are slow they take a long time to get from one side of the map to the other.

if one team has a 3 to 1 advantage over the other team, if the time runs out the team with most kills and a clear 3-1  advantage of ships left should get the win ??

what do people think of that idea ?

EG. enemy has 1 ship and your team has 3+ ships left that team should get the win??

I have though about this as well. Unfortunately I think it would lead to even more defensive game play and encourage campers even more, because everyone will quickly realise that you don't need to cap to win. Everyone will hang out at base hoping for the opposition to come to them which is not the recipe for an interesting game. At best you would have one side gain the lead in kills and then adopt very defensive tactics which would mean the battle is decided very early on.

The fundamental problem with the number of draws that are occurring is that defending is much easier to coordinate than attacking.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well they need to try and do something to change all the dam draws cuz it is really annoying when enemy has 1 ship left and all it does is run away and your team with 4-8 ships left and runs out of time

1 enemy ship vs 3-8 ships and gets a draw even tho your team dominates the battles is really crap.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I hate standard mode.

thanks read my post. i do not speak english well....

no 

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,618 battles

The problems on standard mode where Tier 8+ games that players often intentionally hide away which makes the game draw. I can say CV players most of times and any player who doesn't want to lose / spend high repair costs.

What if we have a "domination like" score system in standard games? First objective is capturing the base as same as now but, when the time's up, calculate the score which decide the winning team. Only one difference that the game doesn't end up when 1000 score like domination mode.

Sign in to follow this