Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xamdam

Where to stop?

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

I've made it to my initial "stop point" with a Cleveland, Minekaze and Kongo (Fuso, eventually, no rush) while waiting for the "Unified Account" thing to be fully implemented. I refuse to spend any (more, bought a 3 ship - two of which soon to be gimped - pre-order... silly me, should have just bought an Atago...) money on this game until that happens.

I see nothing yet that drives me to move on. Very little has changed since the CBT went open to anyone that wanted to buy in. The current OBT, on this server at least is lacking any communication or team play (rare incidents aside). Hell, we don't even have division chat.

I try to login daily to play but I often find myself staring at my port and wondering "why bother". Sure, the runs in the Minekaze are fun. However, torping the hell out of random people and watching the team disintegrate or cower in a corner game after game is just meh.

Then the CV battles where it's "draw", "nuke" or "nuked", often depending on what the MM decides to deal. Screw anyone else for xp. We're just there as fodder. And yes, I've played CVs in CBT up to tier VI. Not why I'm here and I'd rather play chess, or fiddle with my iPhone if I wanted that game style.

So, here I am. Do I grind up a couple higher tiers just to get more of the same or say screw it, thank Wargaming for wasting my time and bugger off? Is there something that should keep me interested and wanting to play?

Has anyone found a sweet spot in this "Asia" server? Is there any tier range that gets at least minimal communication / cooperation and reward for effort spent? I'm not finding it at 5/6. Didn't see much more, if any at 8/9 in CBT. Not willing to spend or grind to tier 10 in its current form.

I've opened an EU account and played up to tier IV there to compare. Slightly more communication (that I can understand) once the western countries come on but the overall play isn't much better. 

Alas, I think I'm probably just burned out on WG's products. I played WOT from July of 2010 until last summer when I hit the same wall (mostly due to the move from NA to SEA). I was hoping this title would breathe some new life in but if anything, aside from the pretty ship graphics, I'm finding it worse.

/rant

Flame away. But consider this, WG is losing yet another paying customer (and not an inconsequential one at that...).

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The nice thing about non-subscription games, is that there's nothing to stop you from walking away and coming back later. I did it for World of Tanks - I felt burnt out, walked away for a year, came back, walked away for another year, then came back for ships. It sounds like you're burnt out, so perhaps take a break from the game for awhile, and come back when the playerbase is a bit more experienced in general.

And honestly, this might sound bad, but you aren't a "paying" customer at this point. You've already paid, which is a difference between a freemium model game and a subscriber model game. 

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Xamdam I reached those conclusions quite some time ago. I even wrote a thread about it and was duly jumped on by the fanbois who didn't stop for a second to think it through (which is what one expects of fanbois I suppose).

I stopped playing WoT 5 or more months ago (I can't even remember) and have no desire to go back due to a host of reasons I'll not bother to repeat (because they don't really matter).

As I've said elsewhere, there's a bug that's broken the game entirely for a friend of mine I induced to join CBT which he duly did by PAYING. Since 5th June 0.3.1.3 broke it for him (and others) and no comment from WG. They 'archived' (according to Chappo) the thread; the rest of us would call it near enough 'threw in the bin' because we can't access it.

That sort of stuff is typical of WG as you should well know (I think I started WoT in Aug 2010).

I log in, play a few games, get annoyed my friend can't play with me and WG could't give a [redacted], and log off. That's before I consider a lot of the balance and game design choices they've made.

So I tend to go play a few games and quit. Doesn't cost me anything, and I don't care when battles are [redacted] because I simply log off.

For some reason I seem to annoy people on the forum, and WG certainly doesn't care what I say regardless of how constructive. So we all win if I hardly play, lol.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

And honestly, this might sound bad, but you aren't a "paying" customer at this point. You've already paid, which is a difference between a freemium model game and a subscriber model game. 

Not sure what your point is with that. Anyone becomes a "paid" customer the second they click "purchase". If you're highlighting the fact that I'm not willing to spend any more at this stage, you are correct.

Burn out, without a doubt. What bugs me most, and as Steeltrap has so eloquently pointed out so many times is that WG has had YEARS to get this right. Yet they always seem to fumble at every turn.

Is there at least any word about when they'll switch on division (platoon) chat??? Surely it's coded into the game already... On the basic level of trying to work with friends we get stuck with having to filter through poi spam and people getting confused by our communications. Or, something as simple as "Let's cap C" leads to an entire lemming train behind us... Why does it have to be so frustrating?

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Yes .. i think many of us (WG player) are kind of being like that .... like you guys say .... it not so fun game to play if you not have team .. or at least a friend who go platoon/division with you

in WoT I play it since CBT -> OBT and the I stop playing it like 2 years and comeback when 7.0 when i finally find some friends who gonna play this game. it good that it kind of game where you can comeback anytime, got in the clan, gain many friends ... and then it Move ID from NA to SEA perieod ... and the the gameplay are totally diferent, no communication or team play like you said ... lost my friends but I keep playing for another year ...and yep, I think.. why bother.. so I give up and now here I comeback for WoWs but I think the same thing gonna happen to this game too so I really not rush up the tree yet ...  take it nice and easy so maybe i can keep playing this game for longer while waiting for unifined account where lots of my gold and xp can tranfer to this game....

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Try the NA server.

I bought a single premium to play with my brother over there.

Gameplay is marginally better but EVERYONE understands when you hurl insults such as "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" 

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

Just bumping this to ask if there's been any more word on unified accounts? My forum search brought this up as one of the most recent threads... lol

I've pretty much lost interest in playing. I've patched and fired it up a couple times but logged off without joining a battle. Knowing it would be a much more pleasant experience if I could make use of the funds I have sitting in Tonks just grinds at me and has left a sour taste in my mouth for all things WG.

Maybe I'll bump it again in another 4 months. Or maybe not.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I imagine they'll unify accounts once there's a significant drop in people spending money on this game directly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they've data that shows how many people playing WoWS also have gold on their WoT account yet are purchasing gold here, too.

If people are doing that then I'm sure they'd see it as a wasted opportunity to allow people to access gold from WoT when they appear to be happy to purchase more; the idea they promised it and thus ought to deliver within a reasonable time of launch (under 6 months at MOST) wouldn't mean two [redacteds] to them in comparison to that.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I believe that Unify account will come later than full tech tree (1 line up to tierX of every class ) of every main nation (USSR, German, UK,) .... 

or maybe even later than weather effects (strom ... if they willing to do it ....)

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

I imagine they'll unify accounts once there's a significant drop in people spending money on this game directly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they've data that shows how many people playing WoWS also have gold on their WoT account yet are purchasing gold here, too.

If people are doing that then I'm sure they'd see it as a wasted opportunity to allow people to access gold from WoT when they appear to be happy to purchase more; the idea they promised it and thus ought to deliver within a reasonable time of launch (under 6 months at MOST) wouldn't mean two [redacteds] to them in comparison to that.

Yep, I suppose you're probably right. When they do finally get around to unifying it, there probably won't be enough people playing to make it worthwhile any more. 

Oh well, it's already gone stale anyway. 

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

If i feel burnt out, i'll play other games. I was playing a full session of Hearts of Iron games for nearly two weeks a while ago, and didn't login into the game that long. I still followed the game news regularly, and i still read up the patch note to get the idea on the balancing.

I see no motivation to grind up all the way to Yamato since it's too time consuming. On a good night, i could play 10 matches in 2 hours and that counting wasting time in the public channel as well. Yesterday, i could only play 4 matches becoz i got caught up with other stuff while playing.

Sign in to follow this