You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Juan_23

Bismarck and Tirpitz preview!

81 comments in this topic

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

Mmm, NA got patched already?

Inb4 Tirpitz gets bombed by Lancaster Bombers while its in port :hiding:.

Yup, them heavy bombers

Edited by Conkhead_12

Super Tester
1,677 posts

... why do I get this feeling Hermelin will have the nickname "Hermione" for all the lulz its worth?

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Ehh, nothing I haven't seen before. :)

Although for those with knowledge of the Royal Australian Navy's history might recognise the Dresden's sister ship, The Emden. 

Commerce raider best raider? There are some crazy stories attached to some of those WWI commerce raiders operating in the Indian Ocean. Emden would make a nice premium actually, give it the fake forth funnel and youve got something unique enough to stand out.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Our patch comes this morning, I wish I could play around with it now XD

other than that .......Death to the line-hugging

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I don't ever drive BB's but I'll happily spend money on the Bismarck just so I can look at it in my port.

I must be crazy.:playing:

its not being crazy, my good man. its witnessing the GLORIOUS KRUPPSTAHL sailing in the game!

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,287 battles

its not being crazy, my good man. its witnessing the GLORIOUS KRUPPSTAHL sailing in the game!

Just so long as I'm not crazy....now, where's my wallet.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Not sure what WG are going to do about the Bismark and Tirpitz debate, my guess being they may well play it safe and have the Bismark as standard ship because she is the namesake and Tirpitz as the premium. Even though Tirpitz was the better ship, they may do as they did with the Wyoming class (upgraded Wyoming is actually Arkansas WW2 config), giving the Bismark an upgrade that was actually that of her sister, who knows? A Bismark Premium would however sell better than Tirpitz and make things easier upgrade wise

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Not sure what WG are going to do about the Bismark and Tirpitz debate, my guess being they may well play it safe and have the Bismark as standard ship because she is the namesake and Tirpitz as the premium. Even though Tirpitz was the better ship, they may do as they did with the Wyoming class (upgraded Wyoming is actually Arkansas WW2 config), giving the Bismark an upgrade that was actually that of her sister, who knows? A Bismark Premium would however sell better than Tirpitz and make things easier upgrade wise

It could go either way. They have already done giving various hulls to represent the sister ships, e.g Last hull upgrade for the Kongo is actually the Hiei not the 122x  25mm AA gun bristling Kongo(though I could see why).

But my bet is that they'll make the Brismarck a prem for some easy $$dosh$$. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Still not seeing any Bismarck or Tirpitz.... Perhaps they are only seen on test servers

The mentioning in the patch notes is purely there so that players don't jump up and down if they run into them.

That is only possible if a dev decides to test the waters (or a "press" account is created with all the ships) on this cluster.