You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ChaoticKyubi

Game too much of a grind

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
441 battles

I've been playing this game since closed beta and have to say the amount of exp needed is too much of a grind considering how long each game goes for and how slow paced the games are, the experience of playing a ship, dying and going on to another ship to have that game finish somewhat quickly and to come back to see the main ship you are trying to advance is still in battle completes ruins this game, seriously half the time is spent just waiting or procrastinating until that ship is out of battle, reduce the exp needed or increase the amount we get from each battle, there's nothing fun about playing a slow ass paced game and waiting to advance. The progression system in the closed beta was fine, the credits received as a little high but still better than it is now.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

(Did this guy even play other WG game? With their slow grind as well?!)

TBF It's slower than WoT for like at least 15%.

You get like ~25% more XP and credits here but the ship price are like 50% more or even Double of that in WoT.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I've been playing this game since closed beta and have to say the amount of exp needed is too much of a grind considering how long each game goes for and how slow paced the games are, the experience of playing a ship, dying and going on to another ship to have that game finish somewhat quickly and to come back to see the main ship you are trying to advance is still in battle completes ruins this game, seriously half the time is spent just waiting or procrastinating until that ship is out of battle, reduce the exp needed or increase the amount we get from each battle, there's nothing fun about playing a slow ass paced game and waiting to advance. The progression system in the closed beta was fine, the credits received as a little high but still better than it is now.

You essentially just described any free2play game. You grind for free, you skip the grind by paying money.

You've never played a F2P Korean MMORPG before, have you? I assure you, the grind could be much worse.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Look, just play a game or two in any ship in which you want to advance then log off.

It's not as though you gain anything massive by getting to tier 10, is it? There's no magic additional game play waiting at the end of the tier 10 rainbow.

And you can go do something worthwhile instead.

Plus this way of doing it costs you nothing.

People ought to bear in mind that WoT has been around for 5 years and substantially has had little GAME DESIGN improvement. Sure, more vehicles and more maps, but it's the same old 'meaningless battle' over and over.

Why stress out over getting to higher tiers when you're just going to be doing the same thing? You won't be paid, and nobody will give a [redacted] in the real world.

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'll never understand why people are in a rush to get to high tiers.

I kinda understand it for people that just have to play CW in WoT, but that game was released... 3...4...3... a couple years ago

and is sooner rather than later hitting patch 1.0, i.e. a true release version.

WoWS is in OBT.

Expecting anything beyond a rough diamond is nonsense.

Wanna know why I bought the 3 ship pack despite being an alpha tester?

It was a future investment that's now (slowly) paying off.

Everything up to tier V is a sweetspot atm, I'd say tier IV is even better off since it doesn't meet too high tier vessels.

CVs at those tiers aren't a huge problem for experienced players.

Most ships at those tiers have very distinct characteristics that are easy to learn, counter and/or exploit

and generally those tiers are well balanced.

Bottom line is that WoWS is an unfinished product... quite obviously it also has every right to be that.

Spending time, effort or even money on reaching the even more unfinished parts of the game and then concluding

that those aren't fun for various reasons (including the grind) is one of these moments for the good old "Orly?" meme.

It's not even supposed to be (much) fun at the moment, it's rough and the edges will cut on one's fun.

If you can't make yourself like the game in the current state then there are two options.

1.) Stay on a ship that's fun for you

2.) Stop playing and return later

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

+1 Well said.

More or less my view even though I tend to be critical because it's a learned habit from what I do for a living. I try to make it constructive until I decide nobody gives a [redacted] lol.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Exactly as the others have said.

I've ground out a a stupid amount of tier X tanks in WoT. I'm done grinding.

In WoWS I'm just going to enjoy the ride. It's not about where I'm going, it's just the enjoyment of getting there. 

Well, of course there's the noob-slaying along the way as well.........  :trollface:

Edited by Krieg

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Its actually honestly not too bad, on a standard account Im cranking out better than 1k xp per game in the Omaha, I dont foresee a long grind to the Cleveland. Tier 5 is insane, you can make half a million creds and a few thousand XP in an hour. The grinds may look monumental, but a decent player should work through them relatively quickly.

Why you want to get to tier X so badly Im not sure. Much like WoT they arent credit earners, and playing them well takes a little more skill and effort. Mid tiers are just as fun, and easy to grind to, theres a wealth of good vessels on tier 5 and 6, and you may as well get used to them because theyre going to be your cred grinders (if you havent bought a higher tier prem).

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I am just focusing on doing the things I enjoy doing, and, hopefully the rest will take care of itself.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think it ok now ... no need to rush since there no clan war yet ... no need for tier X anyway since it gonna drain your credits very bad ... I think mid tier had the most fun

Alpha Tester
76 posts

TBF It's slower than WoT for like at least 15%.

You get like ~25% more XP and credits here but the ship price are like 50% more or even Double of that in WoT.

it's triple price for high tier compare to WoT  but not jumping to ridonkculously high like NF end game ship that's reqired 50m credit and 20m poit just to buy a ship itself
Edited by reinforcezwei

Alpha Tester
982 posts

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.......don't forget all the seals to be found on tiers 1-3 who are in desperate need of a fresh clubbing :trollface:

That can be game enjoyment for the sake of enjoyment :sceptic:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

To be honest i agree, though for different reason, The Frustration grinding in new ships is what kills my fun personally. 

At least im nearly out of the grinding i guess... 1 more week and i should have my Des moines and Montana. im making it a goal. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

OP never came back...must be spending time on the grinder.

'Tis a pity, because there's some worthwhile posts here.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Thats when the "Premium Account" and "Doubloons" come in handy :D:D:D 

To be honest im half tempted to spend $100 converting experience so i never have to grind a ship again for anything but credits. 

Could put it down to "Heck thats only 1 ps4 game"  

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

To be honest im half tempted to spend $100 converting experience so i never have to grind a ship again for anything but credits. 

Could put it down to "Heck thats only 1 ps4 game"  

Well i once pay $100 to convert EXP in WoT and i really regret it :D:D:D 

atm i enjoy playing every tier, experience it at the way they are it fun for me, I have to accept that my ultimate goal is still the Tier 10 anyways, But grinding is as fun as playing tier 10 for me ;)    

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Look, just play a game or two in any ship in which you want to advance then log off.

It's not as though you gain anything massive by getting to tier 10, is it? There's no magic additional game play waiting at the end of the tier 10 rainbow.

And you can go do something worthwhile instead.

Plus this way of doing it costs you nothing.

People ought to bear in mind that WoT has been around for 5 years and substantially has had little GAME DESIGN improvement. Sure, more vehicles and more maps, but it's the same old 'meaningless battle' over and over.

Why stress out over getting to higher tiers when you're just going to be doing the same thing? You won't be paid, and nobody will give a [redacted] in the real world.

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

In WoT, I used to power grind to tier X.   Then.. I'd play tier X a little bit... then I'd want to try a new line.  So I'd go through from tier I/I/III up to IX and X again.  Really no point in grinding to tier X unless you want to do clan wars.  May as well just play for enjoyment rather than making getting tier X a big goal.