Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
time_san

some personal opinion

8 comments in this topic

4 posts
1,409 battles

Well, I know some people already suggest something same or similar to this, but i will post this anyway.

1. Destroyed ship stay afloat for longer time with burning and black smoke effect.

2. Special destroyed animation for ship when destroyed by a torpedo (i think something like in Open Beta Trailer where BB got torpedoed by a DD, or like Ammo Rack effect in WoT)

3. Destroyed ship leave some remains that can damage other ship that sailing through it

4. Shorten Fire Extinguishing duration for bigger ships

5. Add Environment effect on maps (like coral, shallow water near islands, squall which debuff CVs)

6. Faster recovery from module damage or fire when out of battle

7. Add Hull Repair ability for all ship type with different effectiveness (like BB, but with smaller effect)

8. Add NIGHT BATTLE....!!!!

Those are only things i can think right now, i'm sorry if there any similar ideas or anything else, i'm just trying to give some contribution for this game.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

No night battle sir... Not possible. Concealment increased by 200%???

Gun dispersion also increased by 200%

Would be cool with star shells and searchlights though, weighing out the risks of illuminating yourself vs getting snuck up on by DDs. Lots of game mechanics to play with (assuming they dont just cheap it out and make it cosmetic only).

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Well, I know some people already suggest something same or similar to this, but i will post this anyway.

1. Destroyed ship stay afloat for longer time with burning and black smoke effect.

2. Special destroyed animation for ship when destroyed by a torpedo (i think something like in Open Beta Trailer where BB got torpedoed by a DD, or like Ammo Rack effect in WoT)

3. Destroyed ship leave some remains that can damage other ship that sailing through it

4. Shorten Fire Extinguishing duration for bigger ships

5. Add Environment effect on maps (like coral, shallow water near islands, squall which debuff CVs)

6. Faster recovery from module damage or fire when out of battle

7. Add Hull Repair ability for all ship type with different effectiveness (like BB, but with smaller effect)

8. Add NIGHT BATTLE....!!!!

Those are only things i can think right now, i'm sorry if there any similar ideas or anything else, i'm just trying to give some contribution for this game.

1: That's not realistic. If a ship is destroyed it sinks immediately, unless the ship is in shallow water.

2: That's something to be implemented later on maybe, since creating ammo rack explosion takes some work with damage model.

3: Same as 1, that's not realistic, unless the ship sinks on shallow water.

4: Then the fire damage should be increased also. Personally I'm neutral on this, but I'd like fire prevention mechanics reworked.

5: To be implemented later on, WG already planned such.

6: Engine and Rudder repair only maybe, I still have no idea why they gave such modules 2 minutes repair time. Turret repair time is fine though.

7: I'd oppose this idea, Battleship is the only class designed to take hits. The repair ability should be exclusive to BB only (I'd vote for removal of such on tier9-10 Cruisers, instead buff them elsewhere).

8: Do you know how Night Battles work?

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

4 posts
1,409 battles

1: That's not realistic. If a ship is destroyed it sinks immediately, unless the ship is in shallow water.

2: That's something to be implemented later on maybe, since creating ammo rack explosion takes some work with damage model.

3: Same as 1, that's not realistic, unless the ship sinks on shallow water.

4: Then the fire damage should be increased also. Personally I'm neutral on this, but I'd like fire prevention mechanics reworked.

5: To be implemented later on, WG already planned such.

6: Engine and Rudder repair only maybe, I still have no idea why they gave such modules 2 minutes repair time. Turret repair time is fine though.

7: I'd oppose this idea, Battleship is the only class designed to take hits. The repair ability should be exclusive to BB only (I'd vote for removal of such on tier9-10 Cruisers, instead buff them elsewhere).

8: Do you know how Night Battles work?

I see, i agree with you on most points, but for 1 and 3, i think not all destroyed ship sinks immediately (like destroyed by fire for example), and for Night Battle :

- Map is not completely dark, but ship and torpedo concealment increased

- Add search light or gun flares for detection

- Lower aircraft stats

Well actually, i never see movies nor games with good night battle before, so i still can't imagine how this will work.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I see, i agree with you on most points, but for 1 and 3, i think not all destroyed ship sinks immediately (like destroyed by fire for example), and for Night Battle :

- Lower aircraft stats

Well actually, i never see movies nor games with good night battle before, so i still can't imagine how this will work.

- DD and Torpedoes concealment increased lead to MUCH MORE complain

- Search light and Gun Flares could instantly reveal yourself but able to detect enemy in the area too. So... who want first???

- Precisely, lower Aircraft Accuracy for Dive Bomber and Wider Spread for Torpedoes drop. But less likely to get hit by AA, except when the ship use Search Light

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

- Lower aircraft stats

In real life, the ship crews actually use their ears to hear the sounds to detect where enemy ships are, you can't really implement that in this game.

Also, radars would play a huge role in these battles, it was because of that the US navy regain the upper hand against IJN during night combat. Although radar doesn't exist in this game so whatever.

Using star shell or search light is risky, because other ships will be able to see you and thus everyone will shoot at you. If we implement this in a random team game, nobody would ever use them because they are afraid of being the first to die, the battle then would play out blind.

Last but not least: Almost no Carrier can operate during the night, mainly because of how difficult it is to land an aircraft on Carrier even during daylight, let alone at night. Carriers can't illuminate their flight deck either, because the same reason as star shell or search light. And let's not forget: how are you supposed to conduct aerial attack during no visibility conditions? and that's not counting cases where friendly planes collide into eachother because nobody can see another.

The only Carrier that did have a night attack squadron on was the USS Enterprise, but only very few pilots of the crew are able to pull that off, and they were attacking stationary targets (land-based installations), not moving ships.

In short: Night battle I think would be really interesting, but if we were to implement that it would be really unrealistic.

Sign in to follow this