You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvilJade

Torpedo Plane Exploit. Why you get lots of torps you cannot dodge!

72 comments in this topic

2,314 posts
8,114 battles

Reading comprehension kids.

1, its pretty clearly intended as a joke.

2, did I even mention torpedoes?

Sorry it's not a joke to me. I'm already incensed by the amount of bad rep and credit that people give to torpedoes, CV and DD since CBT. 

What makes me more livid is that bulk of these players didn't even bother to try certain classes and/or look at counter arguments objectively but insteaa dismissing it as merely "a noisy yet ineffective dog's bark"

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
2,063 battles

ah so another thread on how the way a class works is an exploit.....

not sure whether l2p or *facepalm or both is the correct response /sigh

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

ah so another thread on how the way a class works is an exploit.....

not sure whether l2p or *facepalm or both is the correct response /sigh

Well bingo sheep needs expanding.

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,889 battles

Well bingo sheep needs expanding.

More like need second edition

[XKBLX]
Beta Tester
30 posts
1,030 battles

Ohhh, Can I have a copy too :) That way when i fill out a row I can yell "Poi" :)

Oh. wait... wrong word :teethhappy:

In regards to the OP, thats what experience smart CV Captains can do. Heres some suggestions for maybe what you can do. 

Think ahead, if you know your going to turn one way, always consider there's a second squad of torpedo bombers ready to "hammer and anvil you" so consider turning in a direction to make the second squads drop slightly more difficult. Keep adjusting your speed, so it makes it slighlt potentially more difficult for the enemy CV captain to reset his next manual drop or adjust. 

And if all else fails, and it looks like your going to take a hit, try to take as few hits as possible, and if possible along any torpedo bulge you might have. Remember BB's have more health (save early CVs, who may have similar) than any other ship. So, you can take a hit (or potentially 2) that cruisers and destroyers wouldnt be able to. 

[2MEKE]
[2MEKE]
5 posts
3,460 battles

the thing that pees me off with torps from planes is they can be droped from 600  meters away and theres no way you can get away from them as for the AA they not that good as for the damage the torps  do now that op to me every one that hit does full damage every time  . and yes i know  ppl well just dont go in st8t line and  so on and so on but in the game when your being shot at by 4 or 5 ships  and shoting back you can  do all at once and ships are slow to react not like plans in the game that turn on the dime . that my  vent ova :P   time tio play moer games :)

Beta Tester
110 posts
7,198 battles

the thing that pees me off with torps from planes is they can be droped from 600  meters away and theres no way you can get away from them as for the AA they not that good as for the damage the torps  do now that op to me every one that hit does full damage every time  . and yes i know  ppl well just dont go in st8t line and  so on and so on but in the game when your being shot at by 4 or 5 ships  and shoting back you can  do all at once and ships are slow to react not like plans in the game that turn on the dime . that my  vent ova :P   time tio play moer games :)

"st8t"? seriously? lmao

2,314 posts
8,114 battles

hzckSoN.gif

I've seen ships shooting and dodging at the same time and they can still hit home after finishing their dodge.

What pisses me off is dropping manually at 600m and ships can still avoid torpedoes.

What pisses me off even more is when I can't get a drop run even after stalking my target or zerg with torpedoes

1 post
155 battles

The game simply isn't worth playing with the Carriers pressing their iWin button every game and it is oevr either way.

It isn't a small glitch, it isn't hard to spot, so why the hell is it so hard to fix?

I'm out until somebody tells me it is fixed. 

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

As usual do give the ships a try before trying to make comments on their gameplay mechanics.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

The game simply isn't worth playing with the Carriers pressing their iWin button every game and it is oevr either way.

It isn't a small glitch, it isn't hard to spot, so why the hell is it so hard to fix?

If WG thinks it's wrong, it'll be fixed.

If not, it'll stay.

2,314 posts
8,114 battles

Let me throw my paltry Futa-Zuiho stats to you

e4FKYzc.png

Is that an iWin every time? If it's an iWin and the alleged torpedo exploit to have exist, I should have more wins and higher ship kill count

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Is that an iWin every time? If it's an iWin and the alleged torpedo exploit to have exist, I should have more wins and higher ship kill count

LOL, at least you got 3 kills in a CV. Beat's my goose egg :trollface:

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

Just to add on:

UuH2Iyl.png

Notice that I did more base defence than most ships.

Edited by Halken_Sky

2,314 posts
8,114 battles

And statistically putting it, both Halken and I do an average of 1 ship kill per battle.

If the torpedo exploit exist, our average should be higher

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

And statistically putting it, both Halken and I do an average of 1 ship kill per battle.

If the torpedo exploit exist, our average should be higher

It might be more constructive to use facts instead of anecdote.  http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150728a/statistics.html#class_all

The average for CV is very much above 1 kill per battle, sitting twice as high as the average for all other ship classes.  More importantly, they average 2-4 times as much damage as all other ship classes.  They are also clearly the highest xp earners.

XMc2QZW.jpg

m3nBcUm.jpg

ZkwQthf.jpg

CWPo9nB.jpg

CV's also kill vastly more planes than CA's, which has to make you ask whether "aa support" is a fair justification for the design and balance of certain ships.

x15L3NH.jpg

B9Lv3PC.jpg

The torpedo 'exploit' does exist, and planes also do infact turn 180 on a dime.  A good example of this here.

Edited by elodea
  • Cool 1

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

I would again suggest to write comments based on your personal experience when using said ships and not refer to videos or external stats mining sites.

Most people who stat padded the carrier line had been in the alpha / beta phases long enough to know all the tricks and tactics.

OYuSVr6.png

C0MSvix.png

Someone's stats says otherwise.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

I would again suggest to write comments based on your personal experience when using said ships and not refer to videos or external stats mining sites.

Most people who stat padded the carrier line had been in the alpha / beta phases long enough to know all the tricks and tactics.

OYuSVr6.png

C0MSvix.png

hrm... I'm really not sure what to make of you.  What do my own OBT CV stats have to do with a population of millions of captured games?  Pretty sure a rational person is able to see which is a more reliable source of information lol.  Population samples which include players who 'know all the tips and tricks' is also an important part when considering the power of certain designs.  Why would you purposefully disregard the realistic performance of ships in the wild as not representative?

I know how CV's work and have had alot of CBT experience in them, but even if you wern't to believe me, you cannot deny what the stats are telling us.  I'm not speaking for myself

Your constant L2P arguements can only be stretched so thin.  Please remember that there are thousands of players who play this game and have their own experiences, not just you, nor the handful of people who bothered to reply to this thread.

Edited by elodea

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

Just to help you compare alittle, though there are way better carrier captains than me.

3ExWXZY.png

I have also been in matches where I lose terribly at that tier some people dodge the planes like professionals. But do note that was in the early phases or "week" of obt most of the players are in the higher tiers.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

Just to help you compare alittle, though there are way better carrier captains than me.

3ExWXZY.png

I still don't get what you're trying to say?  What does this have to do with the OP topic of torpedoes?  Planes definitely do funky crap, there is alot of video evidence of this, and it is evident from the statistics that there is something funky going on among other things.

If you're trying to compare your stats to mine in a woeful attempt discredit incredibly large population samples by 'shooting the messenger', it would be best to know i use an air superiority bogue that has no torps for cathartic purposes (which should have been readily apparent if you really did know your CV's).

*The Hosho is me 'joining them if you can't beat them', but that will have to wait untill the server lag issues are fixed.

Edited by elodea

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

hrm... I'm really not sure what to make of you. .

He's an unreconstructed CV fanboi who invariably responds to criticism of CVs with some variation of l2p.
  • Cool 1

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

He's an unreconstructed CV fanboi who invariably responds to criticism of CVs with some variation of l2p.

Another personal "CV fanboi" insult checked! guess how many more to go before...

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

OYuSVr6.png

C0MSvix.png

To be honest Halken i agree with you completely, you hardly do as much damage in the Bogue as i do in an Omaha or New York yet no one is calling the Omaha or New York OP....

WeluQd5.jpg

zI6L55O.jpg

In saying that i do still think their balance is broken, more in a psychological way than any other, people think they take more damage from a CV than they actually do because it all happens at once, one torpedo salvo can ruin a day and all that.

I still say planes need to do half the damage they currently do as well as having twice as many planes to play with.

Keep the current balance while making CV a weapon of attrition rather than a 1 hit wonder.