Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Guns reload as they fire/select ammo loadout

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

One thing that always seems to catch me out is switching between HE and AP shells i get impatient and only end up firing 1 turret off and the rest start reloading the other shell type without firing, easy solution is let these turrets reload the shells as they fire them not one turret firing causing an instant shell change for all guns.

The other thing that bothers me when it comes to loading shells is the fact that you might have 10 guns on your ship but they all have to be firing the same ammunition type, let us choose which guns fire what as this will only distinguish good players further from bad players so to speak, the correct ammunition load out is never going to be loading all AP or all HE which leaves room for players to tinker and pick better ammunition load outs than the enemy, maybe 8 round AP and 2 HE is the sweet spot? Maybe it is half half? maybe it is more HE than AP, questions that need to be answered in my opinion.

Anyone else feel like this would make the game more engaging and go further toward defining it as a game of skill? 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Yep, I agree on shell type change .... if it almost finish reloading, let it fire the shell out first! and then change shell on next reloading .... 

but mixing shells in the game maybe too complicate for the game .... i don't know about programing ....

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Yep, I agree on shell type change .... if it almost finish reloading, let it fire the shell out first! and then change shell on next reloading .... 

but mixing shells in the game maybe too complicate for the game .... i don't know about programing ....

All it would take to implement is two ammo boxes above the related reload bars of what ever ship that you click and highlight to select ammunition types, in no way would it be complicated or hard to implement.

Something like this.

dxrpJGb.jpg

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

if it like that then if you hit "2" button ...then the game will confusing that what turrent you ordered or it mean both turrent ...

on another aspect, if you make diferent button for each turrent ... if you got 4 turrent then you need 8 button to order which turrent to use what type of shell ...

and then what happen if you play the St.louis  ... :ohmy:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

if it like that then if you hit "2" button ...then the game will confusing that what turrent you ordered or it mean both turrent ...

on another aspect, if you make diferent button for each turrent ... if you got 4 turrent then you need 8 button to order which turrent to use what type of shell ...

and then what happen if you play the St.louis  ... :ohmy:

A click to select the ammunition type would probably be more feasible than keeping the action groups for changing ammo, the only reason it is action groups is because all ammunition is instantly changed even if only one gun fires.

Would come down to further defining this game as a game of skill rather than something that any Tom, Dick or Harry can pick up and do well in after 5 battles. 

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I think it's fine as it is, you just need to think ahead how you plan to use the shells loaded in your guns before you switch, and mixed ammunition would get very complicated very quickly, especially on ships with lots of guns, realistically it would be too much micromanagement for something that wouldn't provide any tangible benefit, as in practice HE and AP get aimed at different areas, so having a mix just means that some of your shells are going to be wasted before you've already fired.

Sign in to follow this