Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

is it possible to separate forward/rear turret control?

8 comments in this topic

1,124 posts

not right now, but in future.

when I play ship with multiple turret, I can't help but to think that....

"forward turret guard port side!, rear turret guard starboard side!"

or even

"forward turret! load AP shell, rear turret! load HE shell!"

it's fine for a ship that have gun on both side (i.e. st.Louise  etc...)

but for ship that have giant main gun that need to spin 270 degree to other side is........ well ... you know.

I know, instead of wait gun to turn, turn ship instead. but in can't be all the time right?, like I'm gonna hit blue line or island or whatever.

like option to 'link/unlink' gun turret,

link is all gun turret will follow you mouse aim as game are today.

unlink is that you have to press 'C' to switch gun from forward to rear and control them separately.  of cause fire power will be reduce but... it's player choice.

Edited by PGM991

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Was suggested in Alpha.

Even if you can't fire forward and aft differently, what I'd like is the ability to start TRAINING one battery while still firing the other.

So, for example, you could use a variation on 'CNTL+X' that currently trains ALL your guns to wherever the cursor is to train only the forward or aft guns instead.

Useful for a BB who knows they're about to tack and wants to get one of the batteries turning to the appropriate sector while using the other.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

It would be very handy. Like Syanda said, it's probably too complicated or we would have the feature now or "soon". As there's no news of it I'd say it's a loooooong way off, if ever.

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

Yeah, the keys used to lock the turrets would soon be singing "Don't you forget about me" while everyone is simple mindedly poi-ing away with their 203mm cannons.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I use to think like that too but I think I saw somewhere that Dev decide to drop this features cas it too complicate,

but sometime it just happen manully with you turning the ship and turrent, the front turrent turn in one way and rear turn to another ...

Edited by WindCruiser

Sign in to follow this