You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Accelerated crew training?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Alright so i finally caved in and spent some of my gold on this ships spare experience but there is no way i am ever going to be wanting to change that other spare 135k experience into free experience, that is 5400 gold worth just to transfer one of my ships spare experience, no thanks haha i would rather that experience be going toward training my captain. 

V9Timms.jpg

So what is the go with accelerated crew training?  

I am going to be fairly sore if it is not unlocked until i have somewhere around 500k experience i will never be able to afford to change into free xp on this ship that could have gone toward training my captain.. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Dirty Dirty Cheatland.

I guess its a feature to keep from super OP captains?

Don't they cap out at admiral (15 points)? im not 100% sure on that 

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I read that ACT kicks in when the player reaches rank 9 but I don't know when that happens.  I'm curious though given I'm at rank 8.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I read that ACT kicks in when the player reaches rank 9 but I don't know when that happens.  I'm curious though given I'm at rank 8.

higher levels are not unlocked yet sadly, why i have no bloody idea. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Currently we are stuck (forever?) at rank 8 and stuck with no accelerated crew training. Never seen anything official about a 15 point cap.

For now, everyone will have to look at all that potential (not so) free convertible XP. I am sure there are lots of players who can't resist the temptation $$$ to convert some or all of it.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Don't they cap out at admiral (15 points)? im not 100% sure on that 

19 (well 20 but good luck getting 9999999 xp on a CO lol)

higher levels are not unlocked yet sadly, why i have no bloody idea. 

functionality is not yet implemented.  

At a guess, If it goes like many of the other implementations, most on level 8 will automagically be promoted to level 9 (and higher if implemented)...

Alpha Tester
982 posts

automagically

LOL love that spelling and word play. Gonna add it to my personal dictionary. :D

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

19 (well 20 but good luck getting 9999999 xp on a CO lol)

Challenge accepted. :izmena: (After 10 points it only seems to jump up 30k xp per level? for example for my next skill i need 130k xp, for the previous i needed 100kxp) 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Arthur C Clarke's three laws:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Super Tester
509 posts

Any news on this? Without the boost its kinda pointless to grind low level ships as the xp is being wasted when it could be used to grind a higher level one.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Any news on this? Without the boost its kinda pointless to grind low level ships as the xp is being wasted when it could be used to grind a higher level one.

Still no news on accelerated crew training unfortunately. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Yep, like the Reap said, no news :(

You're right, as long as the first victory is 1.5x and no free XP conversion to crew training, premium ships are not really good for much except as credit grinders.

In my opinion, they are not even fantastic at that. Have a decent game and you can get as much $$ off a regular ship as a premie. Not gonna fuss about that as the last thing in the world (of Warships :trollface:) I want to see is normal ships getting a credit nerf so people buy/play more premiums.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,019 battles

Challenge accepted. :izmena: (After 10 points it only seems to jump up 30k xp per level? for example for my next skill i need 130k xp, for the previous i needed 100kxp)

your next one is 179k

so a very long grind

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

your next one is 179k

so a very long grind

i will get there one day lol (admitted id already be there if i had accelerated crew training...) 

SHuNa75.jpg

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I trolled the other forums at lunch for this topic. Many people say that it's something that is not going to happen. However, none of them back it up with links to anything official.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I trolled the other forums at lunch for this topic. Many people say that it's something that is not going to happen. However, none of them back it up with links to anything official.

I do not see why it would not happen, accelerated crew training is 60% of what makes premiums worth buying lol. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I do not see why it would not happen, accelerated crew training is 60% of what makes premiums worth buying lol. 

Agreed. I've got a few premies already. However, I'll be keeping my wallet closed barring crew training or something super rare like the Warspite coming out. :B