Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvyL

Furutaka: getting her final retrofit or not

the Furutaka's bit  

23 members have voted

1. 1. would you want her last refit as her fully upgraded hull?

• yes. who cares if she looked similar to Aoba?
    • no. she'll behave like an Aoba at tier 5!
    • wait, this heavy cruiser had a last retrofit?
    • HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

20 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,677 posts

well... its this flippin' cruiser yet again.

now Furutaka is one interesting cruiser both in history and in-game since she has her wonky runs on both ends but I will now voice my derpy thoughts...

would she be literally OP if she gets her last retrofit which I think is the 1941-1942 look and the one that she went down with on Cape Esperance in-game?

2r74k95.jpg

now some are probably going to say she freakin' looks like Aoba (well it shouldn't be that insane of a thought since ain't she Furutaka's successor?) but its quite unlikely she will actually behave like her successor albeit gimped. did remember some of the Japanese as well as some of the hardcore detailfag brethren (I really want to know how the hardcore detail nuts can easily ID sister ships) voiced their opposition on her looking like she did at interwar at the english CBT forums although I don't know how many raged at her initial ergonomics.

I'm not remotely sure if it would actually turn the heavy cruiser into an Aoba clone that much in terms of in-game ergonomics other than the fact she loses three turrets as the retrofit regroups her six guns into three dual mount turrets but her having the same 18 seconds of reload and strangely agonizing turret traverse may cause her to lose her initiative as a heavy cruiser in a full-out slugfest where her American tier 5 counterpart the Omaha can still GTFO and still blast you behind her back.

33krtwy.jpg

this artwork is of her last battle at Cape Esperance where she got hailed. a lot. in the dark.

note that I still try to stat her in-game. history might say otherwise but balance is also one thing.

discuss.

that is all.

Edited by EvyL

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It would not be OP, Omaha behaves much like a Cleveland and is not going to be having problems dealing with a Furataka that has 1 extra gun than it does now haha.

Furutaka is without a doubt under powered, if anything the first hull upgrade and 200mm guns should be removed from the tech tree and this hull upgrade and gun upgrade be the replacements. 

the 203mm guns are not game breaking or really that special at all in tier 5, I would honestly rather 150mm guns with how the game is built at the moment.  

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Super Tester
1,677 posts

It would not be OP, Omaha behaves much like a Cleveland and is not going to be having problems dealing with a Furataka that has 1 extra gun than it does now haha.

Furutaka is without a doubt under powered, if anything the first hull upgrade and 200mm guns should be removed from the tech tree and this hull upgrade and gun upgrade be the replacements. 

the 203mm guns are not game breaking or really that special at all in tier 5, I would honestly rather 150mm guns with how the game is built at the moment.  

even so, gaining the first heavy cruiser in-game and punishing you for it still doesn't sound right. at least Pensacola can be considered a penance ship for all the suffering one can wreak with the damned ship. but Furutaka packing 152+mm guns would not gain her an edge. Mogami on the other hand...

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

even so, gaining the first heavy cruiser in-game and punishing you for it still doesn't sound right. at least Pensacola can be considered a penance ship for all the suffering one can wreak with the damned ship. but Furutaka packing 152+mm guns would not gain her an edge. Mogami on the other hand...

Ehh wargaming love balancing things by making good things no longer fun, its a system of slowly making things worse until everything is even, imo its the wrong way to go about things, instead of nerfing ships that are considered OP all the ships that are considered under powered should simply be buffed up to the level of the supposedly OP ship. 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

No.

The ONLY ships that behaves like the Cheatland is the Das Moist and the Mogami.

Omaha and cleveland are extremely similar to play apart from the difference in AA power, Omaha just has a larger citadel so it is never safe to turn completely side on to an enemy you must always keep at least a 45 degree angle. 

Omaha uses the same guns as Cleveland with a higher rate of fire than Cleveland (8.6 rounds per minute, 9.5 per minute with the crew skill) with the sacrifice being you can only keep 6-8 guns pointed at an enemy at any time and it only has 2km less range (15.25km range with the crew skill)  

Omaha is a beast. 

What ship were you playing? 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

The only buff I want on this ship is the turret rotation, everything else are fine.

Cutting it down to 36 sec would be nice.

at least give it a decent AA. saw lots of CV targeting furutaka because it lacks aa and has a very bad turning radius(i admit that during cbt i also target furutaka if i don't have other target because she  an easy prey :P ). unlike BB with huge hp pools, armor belt and HP recovery, furutaka don't have them so getting caught by torpedo bomber = instant death to furutaka.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

at least give it a decent AA. saw lots of CV targeting furutaka because it lacks aa and has a very bad turning radius(i admit that during cbt i also target furutaka if i don't have other target because she  an easy prey :P ). unlike BB with huge hp pools, armor belt and HP recovery, furutaka don't have them so getting caught by torpedo bomber = instant death to furutaka.

Her upgraded Hull have decent AA fit for tier 5

(And yeah, her turret rotation change from Kuma's is painful)

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Give her the final retrofit hull, for historical and gameplay reasons.......

putting the final retrofit is one thing but balancing that so she won't become an Aoba clone at tier 5 is another.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

putting the final retrofit is one thing but balancing that so she won't become an Aoba clone at tier 5 is another.

Give her final retrofit, while stick with her painful turret rotation

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Give her final retrofit, while stick with her painful turret rotation

ya know harpoon, sometimes I ask myself if you are an apprentice to Marquis de Sade.

if that is the case, I would like her to unload each turret at 14 seconds then.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Well statistics say Furutaka and Aoba both need a buff, Buff Aobas DPM and give the Furutaka the upgraded hull, same turret rotation, no need to make it painful its already an under powered ship.

HEx4AuE.jpg

bVVHfdD.jpg

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150719/statistics.html

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ya know harpoon, sometimes I ask myself if you are an apprentice to Marquis de Sade.

if that is the case, I would like her to unload each turret at 14 seconds then.

Who?

I mean, Why Marquis de Sade?

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Are there any other differences than having 3x2 turrets instead of 6x1? Doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference.

Edited by _Storm

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

And by fitting her with last hull, historically speaking, that would also lead to the mounting of type 93 long lance torpedoes. Would that make her OP?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Are there any other differences than having 3x2 turrets instead of 6x1? Doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference.

Give her better turret rotation or reload speed??? (Similar to Aoba)

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

More compact citadel due to reduced number of magazines. Probably helpful on a JP cruiser, but then again I just tend to HE spam Furutakas, because Ive noticed a lot of overpens against that thing.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

More compact citadel due to reduced number of magazines. Probably helpful on a JP cruiser, but then again I just tend to HE spam Furutakas, because Ive noticed a lot of overpens against that thing.

the last retrofit would probably make her armor a bit more solid. IMHO, just like the Pensacola, she's a bit frail for the first transition to a heavy cruiser.

@storm well afaik the retrofit should make her range about 15 km or so due as well as improved shot deviation (her shot deviation atm is quite weird)

Sign in to follow this