ShiraYukira

Should i go US cruisers?

21 comments in this topic

496 posts
4,171 battles

I'm still new(consider it myself) even i played for a month or two now...

I'm around tier 4 IJN Kuma class cruiser, i really like the gameplay of cruiser also CV but i player cruiser more often so i was thinking if i should go for the US cruisers ?

Any suggestion or comment please do say so ^_^ or advice about them.

Alpha Tester
199 posts
226 battles

No torpedoes from tier 6 onwards when you play US cruisers, they have better gun performance and better AA than IJN cruisers. IJN cruisers are usually more balance because you can deal with battleships with the torpedoes but they are harder to use. 

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

If you like taking penitence, suffering, and self sacrifice, then by all means go US Cruiser line. If you want to have fun and play the game, stay with the Jap cruisers.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

US Cruisers load their guns faster than Japanese counterpart. And they are also better than the Japanese in destroyer hunting. Their AA is much better also. If a Japanese cruiser get into a gun fight against an American cruiser, better say good luck to the Jap if it can't hit the Murican with torps.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

USN Cruisers Peak is the Cleveland and the Des Monies.

Tier 7, Tier 8 and Tier 9 had Great AA but their guns need some adopting for you to do. They had Ok-ish ROF, but lack the ability to fight BBs due to the absence of Torpedo. Their Velocity and Arc is worse than their Japanese Counterpart as well.

Pensacola had poor armor as well - while the New Orleans and Baltimore had Around the same level of armor with the Cleveland (Which is Tier 6).

26 posts
308 battles

Search the Internet on people whining about the Cleveland(T6) and and the De Moines 

USN Cruisers Peak is the Cleveland and the Des Monies.

Search the Internet about people who whine about the above ships being OP. Then decide. lol. 

Cleveland at T6 can go against T7 and even T8. 

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Search the Internet on people whining about the Cleveland(T6) and and the De Moines 

Search the Internet about people who whine about the above ships being OP. Then decide. lol. 

Cleveland at T6 can go against T7 and even T8. 

beware, cleveland's turrets are easily to be destroyed

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

AP doesn't destroy turrets?

It does, but HE is easier because of the splash radius, which will likely damage the turret even if the shell lands close by.

For AP you need to land direct hit on the turret to have a chance of damaging it.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

US ones I guess are better at giving off support fire , Hunting DD's and giving aa cover for your team. and if played properly can take on IJN cruisers head on too

423 posts
3,175 battles

Cleveland are the best ship I've seen so far on USN cruiser line.

The thing is their horrible armor and turret. The good thing is, well, eat my 20mm, you flyah boyz...