Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

Different approaching speed of dive bombers

3 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,960 battles

I noticed several different approaching speed of dive bombers. They sometimes do dive very fast (about 1 sec after attack area has been confirmed), but sometimes not (3-4 seconds after that) and it is not a situation of anti-aircraft enabled or enemy fighters engaging with.

It is very annoying because I use manual bombing and it affects to the leading-shot distance. Moreover, it much makes me sad face when they are ripped by AAs in a couple of seconds while approaching like a turtle right above enemies.

Does this an intended feature? What is the factor that dive bombers to be slow or fast?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I've never experience Dive Bombers dropping their bombs in 1 sec like you said, do you have the game replay of such happening?

P.S: Dive Bombers do have 2 different approaches when dropping their bomb. If you set the drop command further away, they'll climb and then dive down forward before dropping. If you set drop command really short before they drop, they'll climb and do Split-S before dropping. Although in both cases I measured similar delay before their drop.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

It depends on the angle of your approach. If the bombers are heading in the right angle of your aiming, they can instantly drop the bomb. So your planning is very important. Sometimes the bombers have to adjust their approach in order to match with your aiming circle. Causing delay in the attack.

Sign in to follow this