Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
laiyuzeng

USN CV: Pure fighter mod or Mix combo yield more exp?

16 comments in this topic

10 posts
8,384 battles

I was on Bogue. And i noticed that Pure fighter Mod gave me consistant amount of exp for each battle. (around 900-1000exp). 20-50planes shot down for most of the time. Plus consistently awarded "clear-sky"

And then i switch back to mix torp-fighter mod, it doesnt came out so consistent as pure fighter mod in terms of exp since i cnt 100 percent hit my target with my torp bomber

Is it just me? or u guys also feel the same? Has anyone  tried out both mods? Which one works the best for u? Why?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Given how exp is calculated, a strike loadout will usually earn more exp than an air superiority loadout - assuming you can hit targets consistently. However, if the air superiority loadout works for you, go ahead and keep using it. It's quite useful for the team as well.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Just don't camp in the back all the time. If enemy DD or cruiser sneak pass and find you they will kill you. You have no use for your team if dead.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The Bogue desperately needs 1/1/1 loadout that is available on the Independance.

2/0/1 is not good enough to deal damage, 0/1/2 leaves you too vulnerable against enemy Carrier (worse thing that the Bogue is really really slow).

1/1/0...well I don't know, it's not bad but you'll have trouble sparing that 1 group of Fighter defending your only Bomber squad while trying to protect yourself from enemy Carrier, especially if they are Japanese ones.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

IMO just choose the one you feel best

in normal case,1/1/0 is the best as you have good air superiority and okay damage

2/0/1 is the most beneficial to the team, but you'll earn less

if you earn more with 2/0/1 for some reason, just stick to it

the IJN CV will cry when they meet you

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

if you earn more with 2/0/1 for some reason, just stick to it

the IJN CV will cry when they meet you

Is it? You don't even have time to intercept them all before they attack you unless they are stupid enough not to sneak around or use a little part of their squad/Fighters to lure your fighters away.

Best way to deal with IJN CV is still call for Cruisers' help.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Best way to deal with IJN CV is still call for Cruisers' help.

I doubt there are any ship with considerable AA at that tier.

Evenso, only Cleveland and Aoba actually has AA Barrage to cover you, but Bogue's speed just doens't go along with any ship but USN BB.

Don't mention Yubari or Murmansk, their AA have really short range and meant for self-defense mostly.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I doubt there are any ship with considerable AA at that tier.

Evenso, only Cleveland and Aoba actually has AA Barrage to cover you, but Bogue's speed just doens't go along with any ship but USN BB.

Don't mention Yubari or Murmansk, their AA have really short range and meant for self-defense mostly.

Indeed, Low Tier CV and AA are just Totally balanced. :sceptic:

Thank god I own a Murmansk - the thing is just Crazy Good in Tier 5 and with decent AA.

*Sigh*

TBH I am quite sick of these continuous CV Thread. WG need to rebalance them ASAP - and thats why I generally think this game is Rushed out to OBT. See how broken (Either OP/UP or imbalanced) it is now?

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Indeed, Low Tier CV and AA are just Totally balanced. :sceptic:

Thank god I own a Murmansk - the thing is just Crazy Good in Tier 5 and with decent AA.

*Sigh*

TBH I am quite sick of these continuous CV Thread. WG need to rebalance them ASAP - and thats why I generally think this game is Rushed out to OBT. See how broken (Either OP/UP or imbalanced) it is now?

Maybe cutting down max number of Bomber a Carrier can field would help, mainly Torpedo Bombers.

Dive Bombers while still dangerous, are only a threat to BB and CV mainly. It's really RNG trying to hit CL/CA or DD with Bombs.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Maybe cutting down max number of Bomber a Carrier can field would help, mainly Torpedo Bombers.

Dive Bombers while still dangerous, are only a threat to BB and CV mainly. It's really RNG trying to hit CL/CA or DD with Bombs.

The problem with carrier T5 is you can get matched against T7 carrier that you can totally overwhelm your fighters.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The problem with carrier T5 is you can get matched against T7 carrier that you can totally overwhelm your fighters.

Actually, you don't, unless you join a division with another tier5 ship.

Tier5 Carrier will only see tier6 maximum, while tier6 can see tier 8.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Actually, you don't, unless you join a division with another tier5 ship.

Tier5 Carrier will only see tier6 maximum, while tier6 can see tier 8.

ah yes, you are right. I read the cruiser section instead of the carrier.
Edited by RG_Kid

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Given how exp is calculated, a strike loadout will usually earn more exp than an air superiority loadout - assuming you can hit targets consistently. However, if the air superiority loadout works for you, go ahead and keep using it. It's quite useful for the team as well.

^this is still the best answer for now.

If you are confident that you can always score hits with your torpedo bombers everytime you send a attack wave and at the same time secure air superiority with only one fighter squad go ahead and use the stock loadout.

If not just stick to the air superiority loadout, bogue has one of the most accurate dive bombers out of every carrier in game if used well you can still garner enough exp above your current 900-1000 ones.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

^this is still the best answer for now.

If you are confident that you can always score hits with your torpedo bombers everytime you send a attack wave and at the same time secure air superiority with only one fighter squad go ahead and use the stock loadout.

If not just stick to the air superiority loadout, bogue has one of the most accurate dive bombers out of every carrier in game if used well you can still garner enough exp above your current 900-1000 ones.

Unfortunately, hes right, after trying out the balanced (fighter/torp/bomb) (1/1/0)  I do occasionally get massive exp from games, but its frustratingly inconsistent, I just went back to the (2/01) config and shot down 30+ aircraft and scored 6 bomb hits and 3 fires, earning about 1.5k exp, and I managed to repeat such effort twice, so its more consistent, word of note, air superiority strategy for me is grouping both fighter squads together so they can destroy any single fighter groups with impunity and achieve air superiority quicker

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

word of note, air superiority strategy for me is grouping both fighter squads together so they can destroy any single fighter groups with impunity and achieve air superiority quicker

Thats Pure Suicide in Higher Tier match. Many People are more clever now - they send out an alone or 2 squad to lure your fighters out and they main forces sneak around to find you. Why do I know? Because I thought it worked as well - Nope I was caught off guard and completely outplayed.

My tactic for a USN carrier is to spread out at the first few minutes to scout for (In case) any incoming attack And after that group it back to defend. The guy either have to abort the attack and attack something else or suffer havy losses before they reach you (As you just would not have enough time to shoot them all down, sadly).

Edited by Alvin1020

Sign in to follow this