Sign in to follow this  
silenthunter19944

Montana vs Yamato....... Montana win....

48 members have voted

1. 1. Montana vs Yamato, which one win?

• Montana_ USA USA USA USA !
    • Yamato_ IJN IJN IJN IJN !

17 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Ok, so before i start i will say that this is my personal opinion and i also added a poll. My knowledge might be limiting but this is actually common sense, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong though

SO, why will the Montana win the engagement?

Firstly, it have a fire control system and obviously spotting will be much easier for the crew. Firing will also be much easier as the radar automatically feed the data to the system and the aiming process will be much faster. The Yamato also have radar BUT the data will have to be manually feed into the system and aiming will be much slower. Another problem for the Yamato is that the radar range is shorter compare to the US counterpart and the [Term edited - JP] would rather use a scout plane than the radar (I need someone to confirm this) and this is why the Montana have a significant advantage over the Yamato in term of firing accuracy.

I need more data about this but from i know so far the Yamato don't use the all or nothing armour unlike the Montana and this mean that the Montana will be slightly faster (theoretically)  and from my knowledge the Japanese armour are generally of a lower quality compare to the US armour, can someone please correct me if i am wrong, i love to learn more about battleships

And lastly the shell and the guns themselves.

This is the only advantage the Yamato have at close range. The shells on the Yamato are 200kg heavier compare to the US one 1200kg vs 1400kg, the guns also have a larger calibre 18" vs 16". However, the Montana have 3 more guns and it have the fire control system and only a moronic captain will get the Montana in such a bad situation. The Montana also have a slightly faster fire rate ( smaller calibre guns ). So the Yamato will only have a chance of winning if it get in a close quarter combat with the Montana, at long range the odd is heavily stacked in the Montana's favour so there you have it folks, although the Yamato have bigger guns and more powerful ammunition their range are much lower compare to the US guns. It's like taking an Ak47 and try to fight against a sniper using the m40 at a distance of 1km, not a great example but you get the idea. So guys there you have it, please add more facts and support both ships and please, no anime and fan boys involved, 

Thank you and if you have any comment, please post them below

Post edited, as per this announcement.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Oh boy

The FCS in this game is all the same for all battleship

It just different in range and accuracy (correct me if I'm wrong)

So it's still depends on the captain(in this case, player) himself

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

*Drinks*

The armor is the sticking point. First of all, youre wrong, both vessels are using the (at this point standard) construction methods of very heavy armor over vital components and lighter armor elsewhere, in the case of the Iowa class the nonessential areas had unusually low armor, hence the "All or Nothing" saying. The Montanas would have been running beefed up armor compared to the Iowas, but still not to the same level of protection as the Yamato. Armor quality differences are probably not actually that extreme, the Yamato was constructed pre-war, Japan was a rich industrial nation and was using the latest techniques to ensure a high grade of steel. Testing at the time ranked it as being better than the equivalent UK armor plate.

In all likelihood, in some hypothetical alternative world where the carrier is never invented and Naval Commanders attain their rank through prowess in 1v1 battles, the outcome of this one would be a draw. The Yamato's sheer bulk and armor thickness would allow it to withstand the Montana's greater weight of fire, and the Montana's extra guns would mean more superficial damage to the Yamato effecting its fighting capabilities. 

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

As far as this topic goes, I'm swayed by this article: http://www.combinedfleet.com/baddest.htm

(If you can find compelling research one way or the other, I'd be happy to read that too)

The conclusion being: Not only is Iowa more than a match for Yamato, arguably a South Dakota can also solo the Yamato. And since the Montana is basically an insane version of an Iowa...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

As far as this topic goes, I'm swayed by this article: http://www.combinedfleet.com/baddest.htm

(If you can find compelling research one way or the other, I'd be happy to read that too)

The conclusion being: Not only is Iowa more than a match for Yamato, arguably a South Dakota can also solo the Yamato. And since the Montana is basically an insane version of an Iowa...

I have doubts in that though...

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

I have doubts in that though...

I looked at it and laughed. Nothing really all that credible there, and youll note the guy who created it doesnt actually go another in a straight up fight anyway.

Beta Tester
49 posts
4,044 battles

Well in WOWS, anything will depends on your skill no matter how good or bad the ship you're using.

Regards,

L.S

I vote for L.S New Orleans ...:P

2 posts
465 battles

not sure if TS is trying to bait to get some attention or just simply [content removed]

Insults and derogatory comments. Content removed, user warned.

~Noppers

Edited by Noppers

3 posts
2,573 battles

It depends on the skill of the captain . One could gauge the strength of ship based on their weapon and armor ,but in the event of one captain feeling confident about his ship armor and decided to ram it to the enemy ships. The outcome might be different if this "do" happens. So any High lvl admiral with either Montana and Yamato wan to test it out? Ramming both ship bow ahead.

Sign in to follow this