You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

49 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-0404-patchnotes/

Oh boy oh boy :hiding:

EDIT: Just a bit of spoiler in case you haven't read the note:

- Tirpitz (Bismarck-class) is available for certain people, just like those in-testing premium ships. There's also a couple of low-tier German ships also testing.

- Blue line becomes a proper "wall" now, you'll hit them just like island and such I think. Available on Ocean and Islands maps only though.

- The Hydro something search consumable is available for some lower tier Cruisers.

:honoring:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

• - Bismark (Tirpitz) – Tier 8 Battleship – At the beginning of WWII, it belonged among the strongest battleships of the world. Had advanced fire control system, and powerful artillery. The strength of the structure, thoughtful division into compartments, and a considerable area and volume of armour ensured the high survivability of the ship.

Interesting. Looks like WG need some $$$$.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

So, which will be the premium, Bismarck or Tirpitz?

Tirpitz, just like what they did to Takao (Atago).

My speculation says that she'll have her torpedo tubes removed.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

"added consumable "Hydroacoustic Search" on the following ships,"

We're submarine hunters now?

Works on torps and surface vessels as well.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Have they run out of ideas or something? The only changes are quite minor, and everything else is for testing purposes, how boring.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Have they run out of ideas or something? The only changes are quite minor, and everything else is for testing purposes, how boring.

You're complaining about frequent patch updates for minor additions... for an OBT product?

I'll take it that you're nowhere near familiar with the software development process. This isn't a finished product, patches are more for rolling out bug fixes rather than introducing new content. If you're putting your WoT expectations into WoWS, well... don't.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

It says it will be available for certain play I who exactly will get to test this ship in OBT? 

Shhhhh!

If you do need to discuss this, do it in the right places.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

You're complaining about frequent patch updates for minor additions... for an OBT product?

I'll take it that you're nowhere near familiar with the software development process. This isn't a finished product, patches are more for rolling out bug fixes rather than introducing new content. If you're putting your WoT expectations into WoWS, well... don't.

^ THIS.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I wonder what Hydroacoustic Search will be ...

Like a sonar that pinging sound will tell you the stealthy destroyer in the smoke or something ?

If they just make the Auto spotting , The ship in area will lit up even in the smoke then shit gonna happen to DD now

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That's not necessarily true, just look at how many fixes WoT gets per patch, and they are still doing it monthly.

The main thing is how big the development team is, it's obvious that WoWS team is nowhere near as big as WoT's.

Also, because how ships are much more complicated, it takes much longer to model them. The game has much lower playerbase than WoT too, so naturally it also takes longer to finish testing and sort out all the bugs and stuffs like that.

OBT is just the title, the game is not much different from full release now.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

"Added a new invisible impenetrable border at the edge of the map, now no part of the ship can end up beyond this borderline. Available on the “Ocean” and “Islands” maps only"

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

OBT for this game is a release in all but name, and I'd wager that aside from adding more boats, the game is nearly finished as far as WG is concerned.

^ THIS.

Someone's a little butthurt if he feels compelled to make a meaningless post simply to support someone for disagreeing with someone else.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

"added consumable "Hydroacoustic Search" on the following ships,"

We're submarine hunters now?

I wonder what Hydroacoustic Search will be ...
Like a sonar that pinging sound will tell you the stealthy destroyer in the smoke or something ?
If they just make the Auto spotting , The ship in area will lit up even in the smoke then shit gonna happen to DD now

It was already in game for CA at Tier 6+ as an alternative for Defensive Fire.

Pretty much increases your ships acquisition range for 40secs letting you seeing DDs and torps easier.

Has anyone seen the other ships they added last/this patch? I even forgot they existed. 

Edited by Chawp

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

man I look forward to seeing Bismark (Tripz class) in game. This is not Tripz in general so tripz still could have torps 

Edited by Juan_23

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

man I look forward to seeing Bismark (Tripz class) in game. This is not Tripz in general so tripz still could have torps 

Unlikely. I dont think the Devs will like the idea of a BB with torps.