You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nekrosmas

Q&A with the Devs

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Although someone did posted a link to this in a CV thread a while ago it did not get too much attention so here's the complete version of it.

Source: Reddit

• Kitakami is not going to be in the game.

• Ricochets from water are not planned.

• Secondaries only fire when the entire enemy ship is visible. If the target is partially obscured, e.g. by an island, they will not fire.

• Penetration of HE shells is always equal to 1/6 of their diameter.

• Limits for aircraft ceilings aren't planned, i.e. they will still be able to fly across any terrain.

• No plans to limit the number of shells and torpedoes each ships carries.

• No ability to individually control turrets (e.g. constantly aim one at one enemy, and another at another enemy)

• Weather effects (storms, rough sea) are being planned, however will not be implemented anytime soon.

• Dispersion accuracy buff at close distances for BBs. No dispersion changes are planned for medium and long distances, works as intended. If you don't like that -- play cruisers.

• Smoke ability will be buffed for USN DDs, along with artillery for some of them.

• Current mechanics off ramming doesn't account for the place of the collision. Only relative speed and mass matters.

• Cleveland AA will be nerfed again

• IJN CVs are currently a bit OP, especially at mid-tiers, and will be nerfed. Strike load-outs might be changed.

• Not acquiring the target with X while firing main guns increases dispersion, i.e. at max range without target acquisition the horizontal dispersion is is greater than the value displayed in port.

• All AP shells are capable of damaging the target after underwater travel. No special plans for IJN shells, i.e. a custom type 91. No plans to give AP shells than penetrate below waterline an ability to flood.

• The flag storage limit is currently set to one hundred thousand.

• No changes to fire are planned, works as intended.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

Apparently the Kitakami is not going to be SOLD.

It is likely to become a reward ship (too many people having Kitakami's are bad mmkay?)

Alpha Tester
265 posts

It is likely to become a reward ship (too many people having Kitakami's are bad mmkay?)

20 torps per side lol.

Its not that it will be OP, is just that there might be a mass friendly fire incident.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

If it's on sale again, it will be like eating more Torpedoes...... From your own team considering how bad it is already right now:trollface:

Edit: lol Aigis you stole my idea :teethhappy:

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Instead of fixing the MM problem, WG decided to nerf mid tier IJN carriers. Thoughts?

My opinion is that they should buff USN CV instead. Mid Tier IJN CV are fine as it is - it's just lack counter as USN CV's fighters are a bit _____.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

• IJN CVs are currently a bit OP, especially at mid-tiers, and will be nerfed. Strike load-outs might be changed.

I have 6th sense :hiding: (Never read these lines before, not until after I made this post below)

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7557-my-personal-suggestion-for-cv-flight-control-changes/

Ofcourse only some are going to be changed, but hopefully my ideas get through.

Alpha Tester
265 posts

If it's on sale again, it will be like eating more Torpedoes...... From your own team considering how bad it is already right now:trollface:

Edit: lol Aigis you stole my idea :teethhappy:

Based on my experience in WoT and WoWS Alpha and CBT.

Its an expected outcome.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Nice info, Thank!

Where can I find more QA topic from the previous one or to follow on the upcoming QA

I Never use reddit, is there a way to organize to show only Q&A? or they another website that keep record this kind of QA

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Nice info, Thank!

Where can I find more QA topic from the previous one or to follow on the upcoming QA

Unless you can speak Russian it won't be of much use, as these Q&A topics are always on the RU wows forum, usually someone will then translate them and post them somewhere, which eventually gets reposted around the place.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Glad to see theyre fixing the awful close range accuracy on the BBs. Might actually make the low tier ones worth playing.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Unless you can speak Russian it won't be of much use, as these Q&A topics are always on the RU wows forum, usually someone will then translate them and post them somewhere, which eventually gets reposted around the place.

oh, ok .. I just think that there gonna be some website like FTR for World of tanks that they update QA and post it on their web (too bad now they quit it and go for Armored warfare instead)