You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

445 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

Blue line abuse is frustrating

Use of Blue Line Abuse must be sanctioned ASAP

rephrased

I'm quite sure that's his message

Edited by Kotono_Amaha

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,876 battles

Last game more than half of enemy team's players did this sh**, and as expected. we got an another draw game AGAIN.

shot-15.07.23_22.43.39-0111.jpg

So why don't you fix it just now? You know, it's been ages since it was used by players. (since, Closed Beta, Alpha, I was expected that this must be fixed before OBT)

Why don't you try anything, such an easy way like collision.

If (player_xx_location == BlueLine){

player_xx_collision = True;

}

EASY! as easy as you guys did it for island collision.

I wonder why you guys keep leaving this matter which ruins the game play at this moment.

Is that because you found any good on blue line usage? Please let us know.

Edited by DrunkenSailor

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

Last game more than half of enemy team's players did this sh**, and as expected. we got an another draw game AGAIN.

So why don't you fix it just now? You know, it's been ages since it was used by players. (since, Closed Beta, Alpha, I was expected that this must be fixed before OBT)

Why don't you try anything, such an easy way like collision.

If (player_xx_location == BlueLine){

player_xx_collision = True;

}

EASY! as easy as you guys did it for island collision.

I wonder why you guys keep leaving this matter which ruins the game play at this moment.

Is that because you found any good on blue line usage? Please let us know.

It's not so simple. Can't just toggle the blue lines to be considered land and throw it out on live. That would break a lot of other things. How far does this invisible landmass reach out to? How do ships/planes/etc react to it? Stuff like that.

As has been mentioned several times in the past week or so, blue line fixes are in the works and currently being tested. NDA prevents us from saying anything further about them, but they are due to be rolled out. Player complaints about the blue line abuse (since CBT and when OBT hit) has been taken into consideration and this has resulted in the issue being bumped up and fixes being tested right now.

[151ST]
[151ST]
In-Training Moderator
104 posts
5,214 battles

Hi DrunkenSailor,

The following link takes you to a thread on this issue.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4788-blue-line-abuse-replay-collection-thread/page__pid__73924#entry73924

There are also other threads on the same issue. I do recommend checking the forums for topics of interest, prior to posting a new thread, to avoid duplications :-)

Cheers.

Edited by Noppers

[BRU]
2,725 posts

Dear player, use search function if the issue is already raised in the forum. Because there are too many Blue Line Abuse thread already.

Regards,

Mingfang47

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,876 battles

Dear player, use search function if the issue is already raised in the forum. Because there are too many Blue Line Abuse thread already.

Regards,

Mingfang47

I know, but it seems like they really don't care about it.

At least, I want to say something about this matter.

[LEAK]
Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Blue line abuse threads merged.

~amade

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,876 battles

It's not so simple. Can't just toggle the blue lines to be considered land and throw it out on live. That would break a lot of other things. How far does this invisible landmass reach out to? How do ships/planes/etc react to it? Stuff like that.

As has been mentioned several times in the past week or so, blue line fixes are in the works and currently being tested. NDA prevents us from saying anything further about them, but they are due to be rolled out. Player complaints about the blue line abuse (since CBT and when OBT hit) has been taken into consideration and this has resulted in the issue being bumped up and fixes being tested right now.

Hope they will bring a good solution for that as soon as possible.
Edited by DrunkenSailor

[TIARA]
1,230 posts
4,104 battles

I know, but it seems like they really don't care about it.

At least, I want to say something about this matter.

Yes!, how many times we have to tell you people. Soon!

And they will have a good solution

This thread is getting nowhere but frustuation

Edited by Conkhead_12

[ANZNC]
84 posts
8,517 battles

Firstly, lets remember that new players do forget to watch where they are going, and often run into islands, I know I still do. So, the odd blue liner has accidentally run into the blue line.

I can mostly avoid islands using the mini map, but the blue line is not on the mini map.

Edited by Aeek

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

I can mostly avoid island using the mini map, but the blue line is not on the mini map.

LOL.

The edge of the minimap means the map Border - AKA Blueline.

2,314 posts
8,175 battles

For the moment, the way to counter blue line cheats is to jam your DD and full ahead towards the blue liner. Drop torps and let him taste the blue line

[-FUN-]
351 posts
5,812 battles

I noticed the number of blue liners are increasing somehow lately, which is really frustrating.

Glad to know WG is working on it and probably take time to evaluate etc before making it go live

However, I think some players e.g who have spent money to buy premium time have the right for a faster solution as the longer WG solve this issue the less valuable their premium time has become

It's not a matter of patiently waiting for the patch, but it is also about getting the most of our premium time before it run out.

Edited by zergling_

[-FUN-]
351 posts
5,812 battles

Yes!, how many times we have to tell you people. Soon!

And they will have a good solution

This thread is getting nowhere but frustuation

• -Added a new invisible impenetrable border at the edge of the map, now no part of the ship can end up beyond this borderline. Available on the “Ocean” and “Islands” maps only

So the solution will be only in 2 out of 9 maps available? Wow, this is disappointing

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

• -Added a new invisible impenetrable border at the edge of the map, now no part of the ship can end up beyond this borderline. Available on the “Ocean” and “Islands” maps only

So the solution will be only in 2 out of 9 maps available? Wow, this is disappointing

Its a test to see how effective it is, and on maps where the practice is rife (urgh.. Ocean).

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

well hey, at least they took action now

i'm expecting them to kill the blue line 2-3 maps per update. Hopefully, next would be Fault Line and New Dawn

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

well hey, at least they took action now

i'm expecting them to kill the blue line 2-3 maps per update. Hopefully, next would be Fault Line and New Dawn

Nah, its more likely to be a trial thing. Expect them to either implement it across them all in the next patch, or try something else.

[-FUN-]
351 posts
5,812 battles

Nah, its more likely to be a trial thing. Expect them to either implement it across them all in the next patch, or try something else.

Even this 'trial thing' seems got cancelled-last minute, can't find it in 0.4.0.4 patch notes anymore and tested it myself just now in Ocean map. I want to be more positive to WG, but I can't.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,889 battles

It was removed at the last minute due issues with the solution.

There is a thread said it just Patch Notes error

We still must wait for further decision from them about blue liner

91 posts
7,171 battles

I think WG should make blue line sliding kind of drowning in the water in WOT, for example, if a ship hits the line, there should be about 10-15s countdown for the player to move away from it, otherwise the ship will gradually lose HP.

Beta Tester
40 posts
2,876 battles

Oh sorry, I thought it is a replay thread and I wrote about it....

I cant delete my post tho lol. so now it is edited...

Edited by DrunkenSailor

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

I am frankly sick of seeing this. I will NOT spend ONE dollar on this game until it is addressed.  People are abusing this in every single game that I play.

And I am getting sick of seeing posts like yours, especially after it has been explained several times that a solution is being worked on, we tested the first one on the Super Test, it did not work correctly, so other solutions are being looked at.

If you don't like it, don't spend money on it, but don't complain about it here after you have been told whats going on.