You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

445 comments in this topic

679 posts
3,644 battles

No one did it in Alpha, Super or CBT because the small community all knew not to.

OBT brings players who care not a whit about fairness, team play, but only want to win INDIVIDUALLY and will happily cheat to do it.

That's the difference between Closed and open games.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

If i am not mistaken the fix is coming in either the form of the blue line stopping ships dead as if they had run aground or making it cause damage to ships that come into contact with it. 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,442 posts
6,665 battles

I've got to call you out on that one Dante.  It was an issue in CBT.  Definitely not in the others.

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

Because Internet.

Back in CBT there are fewer people thus there are less Blue-Liners.

Basically the Player Quality is higher.

When there's more people these A___ Holes also increased - which is natural as this is "Open" Beta Test. No wonder this is losing control as there is no penalty.

However, what amused me the most is that WG took literally Months and Months to put up a model to be tested (In Supertest Client only as well) on a already hotly debated topic AND Game-Breaking mechanic - Given WG's efficiency on these things I am quite worried this fix will only be included in 5.0 - which is like another Month or so.

The lack of response to this matter outside of the repeatedly "We are working on it" or "We do not support it" in the forum is just not enough to discourage people - Heck it even encourage more people doing it as there are no penalty and proper reaction.

I don't know, but to me it's just WG think it's not such a big problem at first and then realize how serious it got in OBT and rushed for a fix.

Edited by Alvin1020

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Firstly, lets remember that new players do forget to watch where they are going, and often run into islands, I know I still do. So, the odd blue liner has accidentally run into the blue line.

Sometimes I do see people pull off it, after I call cheat! in battle chat :)

However there are those who are angling their ships like pros, in the blue line, winning battles and getting higher tiered ships faster because of it. Cruisers are doing it too.

Make 'em walk the plank I say.

NOOOO ALL BLUE LINE MUST BE PUNISH !!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN !!!!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
2,063 battles

Quite simply during Alpha it was not an issue at all.

It was only during the latter stages of CBT that it started to become a major issue (~6 to 8 weeks ago or so).

OBT exacerbate that issue and this stage has only been live for ~20 days!

A solution has been identified.  It is being tested and tweaked by WG and evaluated by SuperTesters.

Further details are not available (NDA etc).

So to go from no issue to major issue to solution developed, quality checked, tested, process repeated and applied within a time frame of ~2 months for something that is not a game-stopping "bug" (you can still play the game) is pretty good for most software developers.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

No one did it in Alpha, Super or CBT because the small community all knew not to.

OBT brings players who care not a whit about fairness, team play, but only want to win INDIVIDUALLY and will happily cheat to do it.

The Blue Line Abuse Replay Collection thread was started in CBT.  It was a problem then but it simply exploded in OBT.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

You don't read much.

Try reading the other forum posts about this.

I have read other threads about blue line cheating, I've even posted in some of them, and I've seen nothing about this which is why I asked.  If you've got a link then post it.  If it's so well known then why has not one person responded?
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
62 posts
1,485 battles

A solution has been identified.  It is being tested and tweaked by WG and evaluated by SuperTesters.

I think the latest what I know is that, the BOT is taking over, as long you reach open Water.

However is this tested just for ships or for Planes too ?

Planes can leave the border and you cant shoot them with your AA.

[ARGO]
2 posts
1,151 battles

Guys really thank you for your honest replies. I can see that as a small community as the CBT was you wouldn't have had people doing this exploit and that makes sense to me know.

For people thinking I'm just ranting about an issue everyone already knows about, let me just say that this thread was not for that reason. When making this thread I acknowledged that the border humping issue is a well discussed topic and I'm not focused on that as the centre of my thread. My focus is solely on how this issue was not taken care of in CBT and only that. And once again, I am not trolling or blaming, it's just a question, one that I have received a suitable answer for. 

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

As far as I know Pot, nothing of the sort has occurred on this server. Everyone is encouraged to post replays into the relevant threads, but that is for data collection, not for bans.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

As far as I know Pot, nothing of the sort has occurred on this server. Everyone is encouraged to post replays into the relevant threads, but that is for data collection, not for bans.

I'd love it to be true that blue line cheaters were getting game bans but how does WG feel about somebody making that claim in-game if it's not true? 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
2,063 battles

The Blue Line Abuse Replay Collection thread was started in CBT.  It was a problem then but it simply exploded in OBT.

Late in CBT is what I was referring to.

Thread definitely wasn't opened early CBT!

That thread was opened mid May, with the number of replays added daily increasing as time progressed.

Guys really thank you for your honest replies. I can see that as a small community as the CBT was you wouldn't have had people doing this exploit and that makes sense to me know.

For people thinking I'm just ranting about an issue everyone already knows about, let me just say that this thread was not for that reason. When making this thread I acknowledged that the border humping issue is a well discussed topic and I'm not focused on that as the centre of my thread. My focus is solely on how this issue was not taken care of in CBT and only that. And once again, I am not trolling or blaming, it's just a question, one that I have received a suitable answer for. 

Once it was identified as a problem, dev's needed data to analyse and that isn't available/hard to visualise from the server records, so player input was requested to not only identify what was actually the issue, but to add some quantitative numbers (even as subjective as they are) to the weighting for development works.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

The replay collection thread is solely for gathering info for the developers that they cannot gleam from server statistics.

NOBODY will be banned due to those replays.

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The replay collection thread is solely for gathering info for the developers that they cannot gleam from server statistics.

Some how i wish they ban or at least reset their account for those hard-core blue liner who did it on purpose "many times", Because they basically gain the EXP from cheating and it not fair for player who follow the rules and play fair :D:D:D

If they not punish those cheater may be someone will be consider using it before they fix it then gain alot of EXP abusing good player.   

Beta Tester
571 posts
3,104 battles

Err... How much thread we already discuss about this?

not enough from the looks of it ...........
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
856 posts
818 battles

Rarely saw it in CBT BUT in OBT Every scrub and thier seadog is doing it.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Did anybody actually read what I wrote?

[POI]
Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Did anybody actually read what I wrote?

Since mod confirm that there a no ban for blue liner, so i have to take the mod word and state that i want WG to punish them, But honestly i didnt read your post :D:D:D

[TIARA]
1,230 posts
4,104 battles

Rarely saw it in CBT BUT in OBT Every scrub and thier seadog is doing it.

Yes, in OBT I always see BBs mating at the blue line

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

They are not being banned, all the mods wanted to but were told no. WG wants the data.

If you see it posted again, grab a screen shot, can be looked into

[LUCK]
532 posts
1,052 battles

It was an issue in CBT.
Edited by ExESGO

[BRU]
2,725 posts

How many thread have been created regarding on this blue line abuse??

And how many thread per week on same topic? Coz I lost count all throughout.

[GRUMP]
Beta Tester
317 posts
2,180 battles

Quite simply during Alpha it was not an issue at all.

It was only during the latter stages of CBT that it started to become a major issue (~6 to 8 weeks ago or so).

OBT exacerbate that issue and this stage has only been live for ~20 days!

So to go from no issue to major issue to solution developed, quality checked, tested, process repeated and applied within a time frame of ~2 months for something that is not a game-stopping "bug" (you can still play the game) is pretty good for most software developers.

The patch have to be tested repeatedly, because we don't want want them to create another bugs by solving this.