Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

how far is topedoes concealment? and how to increse it?

22 comments in this topic

1,125 posts

sometime, while I play, torpedoes just abruptly appear at side of my ship just 100 meter away, nearly impossible to dodge even with CL.

but sometime, I spot torpedoes from very very far away and dodge easily.

so It seem torpedoes concealment work almost same as ship concealment,

the first one spotting it, is closest one and if it aim at him (...R.I.P.) but the rest of the team also spot as well even from very far. give them a chance to avoid easily.

so I wonder, "how far is torpedoes concealment? and how to increase it?"

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

This is what you want:

aUxRG7I.png

Credit goes to Umidoori.

As for how to increase it, you either need to use Sonar (Cruiser Exclusive Consumable) or Commander skill which increase it by 20%.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The problem is, many Player see their ship is not big enough.... (Showing screenshot, and justified by telling them, that's farther than their own BB length )

When Torpedoes appear 500 to 2000 meter from them

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

It's impossible to spot torpedoes from more than 2 km away. If you see incoming torpedoes from the range of 2+ km away then it must have been allied aircraft spotting it for you or allied warships. Aircraft are "mortal enemy" to torpedoes. They can spot torpedoes from the air and report them to allied warships. 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

About increasing torpedo concealment... I think that is not possible. It will make torpedoes become too OP. I'm a dedicated destroyer player but i think the way torps work in WoWS is just right (but if they buff them then it would be great!).

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,433 battles

can we see what the reaction time is from torps dropped from CV's at closest range?

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

can we see what the reaction time is from torps dropped from CV's at closest range?

The reaction time would be how fast you can say "Oh shit!" before getting sunk by those torps. :P

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You can spot torpedo bombers from up to 7-8km out. That's your reaction time.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's impossible to spot torpedoes from more than 2 km away. If you see incoming torpedoes from the range of 2+ km away then it must have been allied aircraft spotting it for you or allied warships. Aircraft are "mortal enemy" to torpedoes. They can spot torpedoes from the air and report them to allied warships. 

Well whatever, if CV can easily kill BB...

.That's mean they are working as intended, Torpedoes are capital ship biggest enemy and nightmare sometimes I call them Schiffschreck

and let me tell you some of Japanese torpedoes are able to be detected from 2 km

saying it's impossible is merely theory

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,433 battles

You can spot torpedo bombers from up to 7-8km out. That's your reaction time.

wow! ground breaking reply from a wanabe mod.... rofl

You know those things right.... that the planes carry... long tube like things.... sometimes they miss a target.... I know.... this is hard to believe! and also!!!!! hold ya horses..... they have a chance to hit other ships!

It would be great to know, if they use the same spotting system that is used for destroyers etc.

But thanks for your super info filled post.... it was about as helpful as well a wanabe mod... sigh

"edit for quick type fix... tis late"

Edited by The_Hess

1,125 posts

About increasing torpedo concealment... I think that is not possible. It will make torpedoes become too OP. I'm a dedicated destroyer player but i think the way torps work in WoWS is just right (but if they buff them then it would be great!).

i say increase not decrease

increasing mean I want to make it more easier to detect =w=,

so my only choice is commander skill increase torpedo detection 20% (3 skill point) then...

but...hey?

I thought the more high tier you go, the more torpedo will be more conceal and more deadly???

by the table, the more high tier you go, torp. will me even more easy to detect??? react time even more longer??

Edited by PGM991

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You know those things right.... that the planes carry... long tube like things.... sometimes they miss a target.... I know.... this is hard to believe! and also!!!!! hold ya horses..... they have a chance to hit other ships!

It would be great to know, if they use the same spotting system that is used for destroyers etc.

But thanks for your super info filled post.... it was about as helpful as well a wanabe mod... sigh

Considering planes drop those torpedoes at a lower range where destroyer torpedoes are picked up, the torpedo indicators will appear the moment the torpedoes are armed and capable of detonating (and dealing damage). How much detection time depends on whether the carrier automatically drops, or does a manual drop - this can range anywhere from 3-6 seconds.

But all of that is less relevant, because unlike destroyers and like I mentioned in my post - torpedo bombers are visible from 7-8km out, and once they're visible, you should already be considering whether or not you are a high-priority target for a CV captain and taking evasive maneuvers accordingly, before the planes even enter their final attack range. That is what I mean by "Torpedo bombers are visible from 7-8km out. That is your reaction time". By the time the bombers reach their final attack range of 3-4km, you should already be matching their course. If it's an auto-drop, the torpedoes will then pass harmlessly to your sides. If it's a manual, the carrier captain has to thus reposition his planes, leaving them within your (and hopefully, your allies') AA envelope longer, causing damage and plane loss. However, if you do nothing and wait for the torpedo indicators to show up before deciding to react, you are essentially screwed and it would be your fault for not paying attention to the detected torpedo planes and reacting accordingly.

That helpful enough for you?

And for the record, it's not "wanabe mod". Although I'm still "In-training", I do have mod powers and a responsibility to help maintain the game and forum rules. Part of which is to maintain respectful conversation on this forum, and your post is right on the borderline of that.

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
982 posts

55558376.jpg

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

These forums are called discussion forums for a reason....to discuss things

Syanda has been a very good contributor to these forums and is always there to help, please try to shoot more planes down rather than helpful players

Alpha Tester
982 posts

These forums are called discussion forums for a reason....to discuss things

Syanda has been a very good contributor to these forums and is always there to help, please try to shoot more planes down rather than helpful players

+1

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I think it is possible by firing at a target coming around an island, i.e. their line of sight to the torps is blocked thus they will have very little time to react. But getting the planets to align so you can make that shot takes some skill.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I think it is possible by firing at a target coming around an island, i.e. their line of sight to the torps is blocked thus they will have very little time to react. But getting the planets to align so you can make that shot takes some skill.

Exactly. It takes some practice but if you get it right it's devastating and almost impossible to dodge.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Stock. Why would people test it with the torpedo acquisition perk that's actually a waste of points because 12s is already long enough

Beta Tester
30 posts
3,419 battles

yea buff them and I with many other players would just leave wows.......(don't buff torp what the heck are you saying guys)

Edited by Victor07

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

yea buff them and I with many other players would just leave wows.......(don't buff torp what the heck are you saying guys)

Yes, so that you can drive in a straight line and still avoid them easily.

They are weak enough now already.

Edited by Alvin1020

Sign in to follow this