You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alfreuson

Cleveland BS OP HE SPAM!

49 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

"rock-paper-scissor"??? BS... Whenever I play BB, can't kill a cleveland with average skill player, this is total BS, tried various ways on brawling on against it with my BBs, but I always end up being sunk by it! BS!!! :angry:

Effectively turning to dodge my salvo doesn't really give CL any difficulty on maintaining the BS'ly OP HE spam, eventually almost always burns me to death. BS. :angry:

I've been keeping myself from posting such as I was trying to find way to counter it, and now that I've run out of ideas but to run away, RUN AWAY IN A BB??? BS!!! :angry:

Only way to kill it is when the player using it is really noob! BS! :angry:

Back on CBT, I was really enjoying CL coz of its BS HE spam, I was actually HUNTING DOWN BBs! In a CL??? BS, OBT came, then I didn't grind for it coz it was quite boring being too OP, and was really expecting it to be nerfed... :sceptic:

Yes, there was HE shell dmg nerf, but that's not the point here, CL's OP SPAM burns you in seconds! the burn dmg is what kills the BB with whole deck burning, FAST! BS! :angry:

AND UNTIL NOW, IT'S STILL THE SAME BS OP CL!!! :angry:

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

tip : use he , he is very weak against it , also wait till he turns side on too you

That includes on what I call "noobs", but an average skilled player always points towards/from you, just waiting for u to shoot your salve and make the damn quick turn, repeat. BS. :angry:

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

You outrange The Cleaver in your BB guns. Use it to your advantage. 

Either that or when you see The Cleaver, run away. There's no shame in running away so that you can fight another day. 

By the way, why so angry that your BB gets done in by The Cleaver? I'd rather get done in by The Cleaver or any QF gunned CA/CL than getting done in by DD's HE shell. SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!!! :izmena::teethhappy:

When in BB of course. I've ever burnt a tier 3/4 BBs using Clemenson and Wickes. That was hilarious 

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

You outrange The Cleaver in your BB guns. Use it to your advantage. 

Either that or when you see The Cleaver, run away. There's no shame in running away so that you can fight another day. 

By the way, why so angry that your BB gets done in by The Cleaver? I'd rather get done in by The Cleaver or any QF gunned CA/CL than getting done in by DD's HE shell. SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!!! :izmena::teethhappy:

When in BB of course. I've ever burnt a tier 3/4 BBs using Clemenson and Wickes. That was hilarious 

So much for "rock-paper-scissor"... :sceptic:

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,963 battles

I dislike the clevelands high arcing fire.  Makes it very difficult for me to hit anything at range - just too used to IJN shells that fly AT the target, rather than go up to heaven, get a beer, do a tax return, then come down to earth again.

29 posts
850 battles

So.. Much... Rage....

Stick to your teammates and ask them to FF is the best option I guess?

or you can pray to RNGesus for citadel hits.

Edited by Menrva_Scarlet

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

If you're playing a battleship and losing to a cleveland the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair, beating cruisers in a battleship is almost trivial if you know how to aim due to the way the damage mechanics work.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

If you're playing a battleship and losing to a cleveland the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair, beating cruisers in a battleship is almost trivial if you know how to aim due to the way the damage mechanics work.

You talk like Cleveland is just like all the other-not-OP cruisers, hmmm, seeing your profile, you mainly play cruisers, I understand that you don't want the Cleveland to be balanced...

So.. Much... Rage....

Stick to your teammates and ask them to FF is the best option I guess?

or you can pray to RNGesus for citadel hits.

Perhaps try not to YOLO and ask your allied cruiser nicely if they can support you?

BB needs those just to handle Cleveland? A CRUISER??? there you said it...

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

Hm, just 152 mm. gun . And you will rage again with mogami .

Oh, yes, that's the only SINGLE stat to look at, right? That's very professional, sir. :honoring:

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

You talk like Cleveland is just like all the other-not-OP cruisers, hmmm, seeing your profile, you mainly play cruisers, I understand that you don't want the Cleveland to be balanced...

I don't even have the cleveland, so not sure how I would benefit in any way from it not getting nerfed, but don't let that get in the way of your crusade of butthurt, if you can't aim that's not the fault of WG's balance team.

Super Tester
802 posts

Oh, yes, that's the only SINGLE stat to look at, right? That's very professional, sir. :honoring:

Well if you want we can throw in HP, and alpha damage in there as well. They also give BBs the advantage over the CheatCleveland. With the exception of CVs, BBs are the kings of long range damage. While you will be more accurate in the 12-18km zone the best what to avoid damage in a BB when taking on any cruiser is to outrange them and force them to either disengage or come in closer to fight you. 

I've been keeping myself from posting such as I was trying to find way to counter it, and now that I've run out of ideas but to run away, RUN AWAY IN A BB??? BS!!! :angry:

Oh, well that explains it. Another player who plays battleships expecting them to be the juggernaut of the sea.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

1. Well if you want we can throw in HP, and alpha damage in there as well. They also give BBs the advantage over the CheatCleveland. With the exception of CVs, BBs are the kings of long range damage. While you will be more accurate in the 12-18km zone the best what to avoid damage in a BB when taking on any cruiser is to outrange them and force them to either disengage or come in closer to fight you. 

2. Oh, well that explains it. Another player who plays battleships expecting them to be the juggernaut of the sea.

1. HP? HP = burn dps. At long ranges? cleve can turn 180 degrees before your shells arrive, yes it has slow velocity shells but that BS RoF you can't steer dodge with your BB.

2. I'm talking about 1vs1 brawling with cleve with averaged skilled players and this didn't happen just once.

EDIT: and force them to come close? I'm talking about average skill, not noobs.

Edited by Alfreuson

Super Tester
802 posts

You said you're new to battlefield gameplay?

1. HP? HP = burn dps. At long ranges? cleve can turn 180 degrees before your shells arrive, yes it has slow velocity shells but that BS RoF you can't steer dodge with your BB.

If a target is to difficult for you to hit, then pick another target. It's well known that battleships are the most RNG dependent class in the current build. Why increase that RNG by aiming at something that is turning away from you. Your best chance for credits and XP is to aim at targets parallel to you. 

2. I'm talking about 1vs1 brawling with cleve with averaged skilled players and this didn't happen just once.

A good battleship player will know how much lead he needs to give a target to get a hit. I find that zooming all the way in on fast ships like.. well everything other than battleships will tend to lead to less accuracy rather than more because you're generally trying to lead a target that's off your screen. If you're close enough to a Cleveland (or any other cruiser for that matter) and are struggling to get AP pens and citadel hits then there's something wrong with you.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Alfreusen, I believe you have more experience in BB and BB gunnery from me. Here's my suggestion, quite possibly, you'd like to pick out other easier to shoot and kill targets? Instead of being fixated on The Cleaver?

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

You said you're new to battlefield gameplay?

If a target is to difficult for you to hit, then pick another target. It's well known that battleships are the most RNG dependent class in the current build. Why increase that RNG by aiming at something that is turning away from you. Your best chance for credits and XP is to aim at targets parallel to you. 

A good battleship player will know how much lead he needs to give a target to get a hit. I find that zooming all the way in on fast ships like.. well everything other than battleships will tend to lead to less accuracy rather than more because you're generally trying to lead a target that's off your screen. If you're close enough to a Cleveland (or any other cruiser for that matter) and are struggling to get AP pens and citadel hits then there's something wrong with you.

I don't have problem killing distracted/unaware cleves, they usually last only 1-2 salvos from me, I was referring to 1vs1. And my very point is the "rock-paper-scissor", in which BBs are supposed to be in less pressure when up against cruisers (which is true when I'm up against other cruisers, but damn I hate cheatlands!), and cruisers are supposed to be in more pressure when up against BBs. It is reverse when BB vs cheatland.

I'm having a hard time to follow here but is BS being battleship or bu**s**t?

If you're referring to battleship, it's BB please

Edited by Alfreuson