Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Loosestping

Team killing

23 comments in this topic

[S_O_D]
Beta Tester
11 posts
5,828 battles

Well the curse of the tomato teamkillers has well and truly made it into WoWs. Is there an in game mechanism for highlighting these players? I was in 2 matches in a row were a platoon, in the first game, took to TD'ing (other players), the next game I called them out and, surprise, surprise they TK'd me, followed up with the obligatory "u mad bro? " in chat. A quick alt-tab out revealed both were alpha players with appallingly bad stats (both ~40%wr with a 0.3 kill rate), I presume as a result of their propensity to damage their teammates.

Is WG going to implement a similar system to WoT for TD/TK? If so, when? It can't come soon enough. Just removing XP isn't enough, there needs to be a punitive system of increasing ban times, and/or limiting them to coop with a bot team. That way they can TK to their heart's content without ruining other peoples game experience.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Yes. The Pink players so-to-say are the equivalent to the Blue names in WoT. 

Also, the more the guy TK someone, he himself will taking damage as well. Don't worry.

Edited by Alvin1020

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Did you happen to grab screenshots or replays of this happening (especially the "u mad bro" part)? Feel free to PM them to me and I'd be extremely happy to pass them on so action can be taken.

The TK system is already in-game - consistent team damage will result in them being flagged by the TK system (with their names turning pink), as well as taking damage back whenever they damage an ally, which escalates to an automatic ban.

[S_O_D]
Beta Tester
11 posts
5,828 battles

Did you happen to grab screenshots or replays of this happening (especially the "u mad bro" part)? 

Nope, didn't even think of it at the time. But as a result of their actions (probably even in both games) we lost. In game they were happily saying that they were doing it because the enemy were out of range...

Also I saw that there is a way to enable replays but it isn't "officially" implemented yet...

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Nope, didn't even think of it at the time. But as a result of their actions (probably even in both games) we lost. In game they were happily saying that they were doing it because the enemy were out of range...

Also I saw that there is a way to enable replays but it isn't "officially" implemented yet...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Unfortunately, it's a bit harder to take action without any proof. But if you can PM me their names, I'll see what can be done. In future, if you see this happening again, grab screenshots (prtscrn, goes to your screenshot folder by default), and check the general discussions forum thread as to how to enable replays to grab proof.

84 posts
1,414 battles

Well the curse of the tomato teamkillers has well and truly made it into WoWs. Is there an in game mechanism for highlighting these players? I was in 2 matches in a row were a platoon, in the first game, took to TD'ing (other players), the next game I called them out and, surprise, surprise they TK'd me, followed up with the obligatory "u mad bro? " in chat. A quick alt-tab out revealed both were alpha players with appallingly bad stats (both ~40%wr with a 0.3 kill rate), I presume as a result of their propensity to damage their teammates.

Is WG going to implement a similar system to WoT for TD/TK? If so, when? It can't come soon enough. Just removing XP isn't enough, there needs to be a punitive system of increasing ban times, and/or limiting them to coop with a bot team. That way they can TK to their heart's content without ruining other peoples game experience.

Unfortunately, it's a bit harder to take action without any proof. But if you can PM me their names, I'll see what can be done. In future, if you see this happening again, grab screenshots (prtscrn, goes to your screenshot folder by default), and check the general discussions forum thread as to how to enable replays to grab proof.

Sadly even the battle stats doesn't yet show who did (any) team damage. We just played a match where some muppet shot the back of my Division mate's Minekaze wrecking his engine at the start of the game.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

There are many muppets out there, new to the game and completely have no idea about the game mechanic. So they just spam torpedoes when ever they want resulting in many case of teamkilling. Well, we can't really blame them. I was teamkilled many time by newbies who just fire their torps randomly... For fun... Of course they fire torps at close range, less than 1 km away. So it's almost impossible to dodge. 

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,963 battles

Uhh.  This irks me.  Happens alot.  Especially when there's a collision.  Usually one person in the 2 ship collision thinks they are god, have right of way no matter the situation, won't slow down or turn and so they ensure a collision will occur.  And then, their fault or not, if they have torpedos, they will torp you.  If they don't, they will shoot you with their main gun.

So many little DD's and CA's be like  "lol ima sail in front of a BB, then torp him when he rams me, cuz he didnt dodge me trolololol"  also alot of BB players with the mindset of sailing dead ahead and **** any teammates who get in the way I am the most important person here.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Did you happen to grab screenshots or replays of this happening (especially the "u mad bro" part)? Feel free to PM them to me and I'd be extremely happy to pass them on so action can be taken.

The TK system is already in-game - consistent team damage will result in them being flagged by the TK system (with their names turning pink), as well as taking damage back whenever they damage an ally, which escalates to an automatic ban.

I got a replay of a DD player that deliberately drove in front of a BB too close for BB to avoid then dropped all torpedoes at him point blank and blamed him for running into him. I'll send you the replay tonight.

496 posts
4,165 battles

Collision is small problems but some people rather argue about getting damage by teammates in colliding with each other and take hits by enemy shells....

The games i seen up to now i met a few toxic players but atleast arguing in chat is better than shooting at team mates on purpose

Team kill by torps are the normal as they are new. well some players use torps to team kill too....

i feel like the complaint doesn't have an option to report griefing (team damaging by turret/torps)

3 posts
10,978 battles

American Destroyer Clemson 4k south of me , firing at enemy 9k North of me, from memory the Clemson only has 5k range on torps.

He of course managed to hit me instead, i didn't take it seriously.

Thinking i was dealing with a new player, advised him to check the range of his torps.

He told me i was an idiot , who should get out off the way of his line of Fire.

Some people will never listen to reason or accept that they have made a mistake.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Some people will never listen to reason or accept that they have made a mistake.

That's especially problematic when that person resides on 1600 Pennsylvania avenue or 10 Downing Street :sceptic:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Collision is small problems but some people rather argue about getting damage by teammates in colliding with each other and take hits by enemy shells....

The games i seen up to now i met a few toxic players but atleast arguing in chat is better than shooting at team mates on purpose

Team kill by torps are the normal as they are new. well some players use torps to team kill too....

i feel like the complaint doesn't have an option to report griefing (team damaging by turret/torps)

For this - you can just report it as poor play, and if you feel a player is being toxic or abusive in chat or griefing through team damage, feel free to submit screenshots/replays to customer support, or speak to one of the moderators about it (I usually hang out on the official in-game chat channels and I'm always happy to help out with actionable stuff).

496 posts
4,165 battles

For this - you can just report it as poor play, and if you feel a player is being toxic or abusive in chat or griefing through team damage, feel free to submit screenshots/replays to customer support, or speak to one of the moderators about it (I usually hang out on the official in-game chat channels and I'm always happy to help out with actionable stuff).

how big is the replay file ?
Edited by ShiraYukira

43 posts
1,280 battles

hi all. i have accidentaly tkd people with torps, not due to spam but other players cutting infront of me in between me and the enemy even at close range as i like the close in torp shots hehehe.... how is this going to effect being banned?

i also had a few long range torp shots that people turned into when the shots would go clear of them. so these 2 faults can lead to being banned? ao for others stupid moves i can lose premium days?

just curious. also i do always say sorry to the person who took the hits.

i guess a clear question would be is does the system that looks at tks know the difference between true accidents and actual tk'ing players?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

AFAIK - the system looks at consistent team damage. If you don't want the system to flag you, be more careful.

That means you do NOT fire torpedoes into areas where allied units are operating. Especially if they are heading between you and potential targets. Your ordnance, your responsibility. Accidents can happen, sure, but you have to do the maximum to warn your allies that you're releasing torpedoes and avoid firing them in their path.

Edited by Syanda

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,128 battles

Like capt_cannonballs. Know how it feels. Had another ship attack a BB with Trop's and forced it to turn into an island to miss them, it was now stuck for awhile. Other ship moved away to port out of the way, I fired my trop's at a sitting duck with no chance to miss. Other ship turned back, it had low hit points left, I had bad felling and yes because the game allows ramming that was what they intended to do.

My trop's hit it just before the ramming took place and saved the BB. Was that my fault and would I be flagged ?

As well within the game just recently I have noticed that some ships when low on hit points and the battle seems lost actually seek out an allies trop's just to be sunk. Would this be to save repair points? or just for fun? Again who would be at fault?

Sign in to follow this