Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UnknowedGenius

Dive bomber need to be fixed.

20 comments in this topic

20 posts
978 battles

As the title, it's hard to play Dive bomber effectively. It's automatically drop also terrible, so people trying to make it manually. When i make a nice manual drop, damage hover around 5k-6k but it is not easy to make a dream drop line if not to say it's too easy for enemies to dodge, just simply turn left or right with key Q or E when dive bomber come close. I think WG should make changes such as increasing drop radius or improve the damage. This should lead to changes with the carrier also. According to those changes, IJN CVs are probably -1 dive bomber fleet or they will become too powerful (we could think about a small buff to compensate). This change to IJN CVs also make US CVs become more useful when there is no enemy CV.

Edited by UnknowedGenius

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

As the title, it's hard to play Dive bomber effectively. It's automatically drop also terrible, so people trying to make it manually. When i make a nice manual drop, damage hover around 5k-6k but it is not easy to make a dream drop line if not to say it's too easy for enemies to dodge, just simply turn left or right with key Q or E when dive bomber come close. I think WG should make changes such as increasing drop radius or improve the damage. This should lead to changes with the carrier also. According to those changes, IJN CVs are probably -1 dive bomber fleet or they will become too powerful (we could think about a small buff to compensate). This change to IJN CVs also make US CVs become more useful when there is no enemy CV.

AP bomb had yet to be implemented into OBT. Wait till then and judge I guess.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Re: AP bombs

It was reported fhat it was tested in the early days of alpha and stuff. It's too OP. It'll be USS Arizona all again

Yes and thats why:

AP bomb had yet to be implemented into OBT. Wait till then and judge I guess.

Edited by Alvin1020

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

While dive bombers have a relatively low instant damage, they actually have quite a bit of utility to them. It's honestly best to send in torpedo bombers first against a target - land some torpedo hits to force the use of damage control to remove flooding, then hit with dive bombers to allow the fire DoT to cause damage and increase the range at which the burning ship can be seen. Helps if its a carrier - it can't launch when the deck is on fire.

The auto drop is fine if you can force an approach forward or aft of a distracted ship. Like torpedo bombers, it requires fine control for the best results.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Speaking of CV attack, which would be the better option and why?

Torpedo than bomb OR bomb than torpedo?

Personally I prefer to bomb than attack since torpedoes are more reliable and have a higher hit probability than bombs. Even coming in head on or aft of the target, auto bomb has wider dispersion 

20 posts
978 battles

While dive bombers have a relatively low instant damage, they actually have quite a bit of utility to them. It's honestly best to send in torpedo bombers first against a target - land some torpedo hits to force the use of damage control to remove flooding, then hit with dive bombers to allow the fire DoT to cause damage and increase the range at which the burning ship can be seen. Helps if its a carrier - it can't launch when the deck is on fire.

The auto drop is fine if you can force an approach forward or aft of a distracted ship. Like torpedo bombers, it requires fine control for the best results.

I made forward approach but the accuracy is bad, automatically dropped 6 bombs but usually 2-3 boms hit the target. Moveover, enemies are smarter than you though, they can wait until you drop all those bombs at them then use the damage control and if you try to conceal your dive bomber near that area to make him unnoticeable about your plan, there will be enough time for enemies CV fighters react and come and sweep out your fleets. Conclusively, it still hard to play dive bomber effectively.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Personally I prefer to bomb than attack since torpedoes are more reliable and have a higher hit probability than bombs. Even coming in head on or aft of the target, auto bomb has wider dispersion 

Personally? Kind of depends on what kind of players you're up against. New players will freak out at the fires and hit damage control immediately, only to regret it when the torpedoes come in. Experienced players will tend to wait the fires out and save the damage control for when flooding or multiple flames occur. Needs you to be alert as to how players are reacting. Personally, I always prefer the torpedo-then-bomb approach for the utility reasons mentioned above.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Current dive bomber is using HE that only most effective to ground attack while AP are way too effective (and too easy to use against BB) and can cause massive damage to Ship

the other reason is, Dive Bomber are generally faster than Torpedo bomber

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

But seriously between flooding and fires, fires are the lesser of 2 evils. Correct me if I'm wrong but flooding seems to be more debilitating in the long run. Kinda observed that it saps more of your HP. 

IMO new players freak out when their ships are ablaze since it's a HUGE CONFLAGRATION on their ships and that itself is psychologically sapping. Till today, I force to steel myself against hitting R when conflagration starts. Lucky for us, WG has made it that gunnery crews have safe practices. They don't stack charge bags and shell all over the turret. If they prioritised reload over safety, "There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IMO new players freak out when their ships are ablaze since it's a HUGE CONFLAGRATION on their ships and that itself is psychologically sapping.

Even if it just from 10cm guns

930 posts

Against a CV, torpedo bombers first, then dive bombers to disable their ability to launch their planes.

Against anything else, the reverse.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

But seriously between flooding and fires, fires are the lesser of 2 evils. Correct me if I'm wrong but flooding seems to be more debilitating in the long run. Kinda observed that it saps more of your HP. 

IMO new players freak out when their ships are ablaze since it's a HUGE CONFLAGRATION on their ships and that itself is psychologically sapping. Till today, I force to steel myself against hitting R when conflagration starts. Lucky for us, WG has made it that gunnery crews have safe practices. They don't stack charge bags and shell all over the turret. If they prioritised reload over safety, "There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."

Exactly. Flooding IS more debilitating because it saps your hp a lot more, and cuts your speed and maneuverability. That's why most experienced players will always save their damage control for flooding. And that's why I send in dive bombers only after the torpedo bombers have landed their hits - because I know most players WILL use their damage control when they start flooding, which then gives the fires full opportunity to burn themselves out. Sending in the dive bombers first deals some damage, sure, but when the torpedo bombers come in and land their hits, experienced players will use damage control then, extinguishing the fire and fixing the flooding (and if they're a battleship, this means they can start regenerating with repair party).

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Against a CV, torpedo bombers first, then dive bombers to disable their ability to launch their planes.

Against anything else, the reverse.

I've got to get the timing right. Divers fly faster than the torppers. Regardless what, IMO, failing to sink enemy CV in 1 strike is like a huge failure to me. It's really an all or nothing strike.

930 posts

I've got to get the timing right. Divers fly faster than the torppers. Regardless what, IMO, failing to sink enemy CV in 1 strike is like a huge failure to me. It's really an all or nothing strike.

You could just hide your dive bombers to where the enemy cant see them, send your torpedo bombers, wait for them to repair, then roast em next. That should guarantee you a kill.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Exactly. Flooding IS more debilitating because it saps your hp a lot more, and cuts your speed and maneuverability. That's why most experienced players will always save their damage control for flooding. And that's why I send in dive bombers only after the torpedo bombers have landed their hits - because I know most players WILL use their damage control when they start flooding, which then gives the fires full opportunity to burn themselves out. Sending in the dive bombers first deals some damage, sure, but when the torpedo bombers come in and land their hits, experienced players will use damage control then, extinguishing the fire and fixing the flooding (and if they're a battleship, this means they can start regenerating with repair party).

That means your torpedo planes will fly far ahead of the bombing group? So do you manual or auto torp?

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

You could just hide your dive bombers to where the enemy cant see them, send your torpedo bombers, wait for them to repair, then roast em next. That should guarantee you a kill.

My CV CAG flies together in close formation so they torp and bomb the target at the same time. 

Would try that in The Futa CV soon.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

That means your torpedo planes will fly far ahead of the bombing group? So do you manual or auto torp?

Correct - my torpedo planes fly ahead of my dive bombers. I mainly use auto-drops, manual on rare occasion. I also stagger the time between dive and torpedo attacks by at least 10-20seconds.

930 posts

My CV CAG flies together in close formation so they torp and bomb the target at the same time. 

Would try that in The Futa CV soon.

and I rather group them separately according to what munition is under their belly.

well sometimes

Sign in to follow this