You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
laiyuzeng

Modification 2 for New Mexico

10 comments in this topic

10 posts
8,379 battles

which one is better for New Mexico

1. Propulsion Mod2: -20 percent time for reaching full speed

2. Steering Mod2: -20 percent rudder shift time

3. Damage Control Mod2: 15 percent flood and time of  fire extinguish

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

which one is better for New Mexico

1. Propulsion Mod2: -20 percent time for reaching full speed

2. Steering Mod2: -20 percent rudder shift time

3. Damage Control Mod2: 15 percent flood and time of  fire extinguish

Being slow in nature as a BB I don't recommend Propulsion Modification.

Steering is useful if you are stock becuase the Utter Disastrous Rudder shift time will get you killed.

However I will recommend using Damage Control once you elite the ship as Fire and Flooding is very damaging especially in the NM you will face a lot of Clevelands - which is like a MG42 firing incendiary at an oil tank.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Being slow in nature as a BB I don't recommend Propulsion Modification.

Steering is useful if you are stock becuase the Utter Disastrous Rudder shift time will get you killed.

However I will recommend using Damage Control once you elite the ship as Fire and Flooding is very damaging especially in the NM you will face a lot of Clevelands - which is like a MG42 firing incendiary at an oil tank.

More like an MG42 exclusively firing tracers at an oil tank that has a petrol laced shield of white phosphorous  :sceptic:
Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

The steering mod is more useful if you're trying to avoid torpedoes.

no , torp planes will just re angle there attack , and dodging torps from destroyers is easy , if you can see them 

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

I 'm bound between 2 and 3

Better steering will force your enemy to change his angle, allowing your AA(and friendly AA) to reduce enemy planes before they could launch their preferred attack. Although, that can be countered by a few people who drop torpedoes manually and up close(close enough to get armed before impact and close enough to be rendered unavoidable)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

New Mexico was one of the few BB's that I could confidently say can deal with DD's that are spotted by the team, load HE and spam those 12 guns shotgun style  XD

But I'd say damage control as any torps you can't dodge you are better off hoping they don't cause too much flooding, never mind the clevelands spamming you with HE

Edited by Blitzkreig95

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I personally prefer the rudder shift for torpedo evasion and swinging around to bring my guns to bear. But some people like the reduced fire extinguishing time as well, both are pretty good choices.