You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

How to avoid HE spam from cruisers

49 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

You can't, in your BB.

So go on forums and complain until they nerf the cruiser HE spam, it's just ridonkulous.

A cruiser can eat a bb alive easily, as I have found with my myogi/ kongo grind. And that's when your not turning to avoid torpedo spam.

Hitting a citadel is *not as easy as it is to set my bb on fire 10 times.

Edited by Mudfart

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

There are commander skills and modules which both reduce the duration of fires and the chances of fires occurring. And if a CA is firing at you then you can return the favour with interest. For BB's a cruiser should be the least of your worries.

Beta Tester
19 posts
249 battles

I don't think the issue is cruisers so much as (i) the fire mechanic generally, and (ii) HE being the default setting for ammo when you start a game, so lots of players never think to change it. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

How to avoid HE spam from a Cruiser????

KILL IT FIRST!!

Agree with Harpoon, Because Cruiser always faster than you, more maneuver + better rate of fire.

No way you can run away in BB (especially USN BB that sail at 18 knt lol), so the only way you can win the engagement is to blast the CA in to the dust before it can burn you alive :D:D:D

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

You can't, in your BB.

So go on forums and complain until they nerf the cruiser HE spam, it's just ridonkulous.

A cruiser can eat a bb alive easily, as I have found with my myogi/ kongo grind. And that's when your not turning to avoid torpedo spam.

Before fires everyone shooting AP exclusively and CA getting citadel shots on BB was the massive problem.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

HE and Fire is a Counter mechanic for Cruisers not being completely useless against a BB. Only a Few CAs are effective using AP (Zao/Senjo being one of them).

Same goes to DD still had a chance against Cruisers, although not very effective that us.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

I've found a foolproof way to avoid cruiser HE spam fires on a BB ------------> play a cruiser.......   :B

Once upon a time I used to feel sorry for battlesheep.  Then I started the US Cruiser line and realised it was more fun pumping dozens of HE shells into them.  It made my frustrations of them huddling in map corners, go away.

25 posts
1,923 battles

HE and Fire is a Counter mechanic for Cruisers not being completely useless against a BB. Only a Few CAs are effective using AP (Zao/Senjo being one of them).

Same goes to DD still had a chance against Cruisers, although not very effective that us.

Yesterday, I played Furutaka. So, Her AP shell can hit citadel Myogi Class (4500 Damages)

117 posts
2,667 battles

I play BB myself, and I don't think the situation is that bad. For one, fire damage can be repaired using consumables.

Iirc you have 3 of them and each can repair about 10% so practically you have 30% more HP on top of the huge HP pool BBs usually have

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Yesterday, I played Furutaka. So, Her AP shell can hit citadel Myogi Class (4500 Damages)

Myogi is a Battlecruiser.

To Give you an example, HMS Renown - Famous for her glorious history - after all the Modification she still only has 227mm of Main Belt armor. You can imagine how good the Myogi will be protected.

4 posts
227 battles

Use HEAT/Armor Piercing to cruisers when your sailing with your BB it has also much faster Travel Time compared to HE shells, a shot or 2 (3 or more better ofcourse) will send that cruiser back to it's home base :teethhappy:, In my own experience, Armor Piercing Shells hurts Cruiser the most than against BB which by chance deflects the shells. HE has a higher chance of making fires though, and much more slower in Shell Travel Time.

Edited by xAZNCUTEx

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Use HEAT/Armor Piercing to cruisers when your sailing with your BB it has also much faster Travel Time compared to HE shells, a shot or 2 (3 or more better ofcourse) will send that cruiser back to it's home base :teethhappy:, In my own experience, Armor Piercing Shells hurts Cruiser the most than against BB which by chance deflects the shells. HE has a higher chance of making fires though, and much more slower in Shell Travel Time.

EvN7VKA.jpg

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

You can't, in your BB.

you have to find the priority target cruisers , Cleveland etc , load HE and hit them hard , most of the players on this server are cowards , hit them hard once they will run away fast , and your HE shells , even if 1 shell hit will do alot of damage and knock out a lot of secondary/AA guns 

another trick is run straight at them , turn to broadside when you guns are loaded , then turn back towards them , it will scare the crap out of most players , and also make you a harder target to hit , if you  get close ram em , but be careful for torps

Edited by kongman

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Mostly a problem in the lower tiers where cruisers have equivalent or better ranges than the BBs theyre fighting, and can HE spam with impunity. Higher tier BBs dont have to worry about that.

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

KILL IT FIRST!!

10/10

Dem CheatClevelands singe my battleship everytime. Killing them fast is the only way. Returning fire can actually take out their guns and even easier to hit their citadel.

Kill them and take out the fire

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

You can't, in your BB.

You can thank the armour update for that OP.