Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarbonMonoxide

Some questions about Carriers

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

is IJN fighter buffed or is US fighter nerfed in some patch?

I defeated a squad of US fighter(of Langley) with my IJN fighter squad(of Hosho) today

I couldn't even take down 1 of their planes before

btw, I often see enemy IJN CV having weird torpedo dispersion

their planes don't launch all the torpedo together, instead, they launch 1 by 1

it should be a large spread of torpedo

but what I see is, the torpedo are all launched at the same point, pointing at slightly different direction

how do they do that?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

There is nothing change with IJN Fighter

USN Fighter got 15% more ammo from certain patch to counter their slower speed and longer time to rearm

USN Fighter have more Solid formation, due to RNG Mechanic

IJN CV TB had a Spread like those USN TB if there are only 4 Bomber left

Dive bomber damage was so low before IJN CV came, around 0 to 800

Before IJN CV came, USN TB have better Torpedo Spread and capable to field 2 or more squad of TB from all tier

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

is IJN fighter buffed or is US fighter nerfed in some patch?

I defeated a squad of US fighter(of Langley) with my IJN fighter squad(of Hosho) today

I couldn't even take down 1 of their planes before

btw, I often see enemy IJN CV having weird torpedo dispersion

their planes don't launch all the torpedo together, instead, they launch 1 by 1

it should be a large spread of torpedo

but what I see is, the torpedo are all launched at the same point, pointing at slightly different direction

how do they do that?

Don't think anything has changed with fighters. USN still trumps IJN in that department.

Did you happen to be fighting over Friendly AA? even if its a friendly DD it all makes a difference.

On the weird torpedo drops: If someone is using auto-drop with their TBs and the target is turning sharply and wiggling back and forth it throws off the auto-dropper resulting in the almost kongo-line looking drop.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Don't think anything has changed with fighters. USN still trumps IJN in that department.

Did you happen to be fighting over Friendly AA? even if its a friendly DD it all makes a difference.

On the weird torpedo drops: If someone is using auto-drop with their TBs and the target is turning sharply and wiggling back and forth it throws off the auto-dropper resulting in the almost kongo-line looking drop.

My Hosho's fighter squad fought with a Langley's fighter squad(4vs6), I took all 6 down and 1 fighter died, my fighter was chasing him so his fighter may have run out of ammo

but then I fight with US fighter several times more

I find that I can take down some US fighters when my IJN fighters are still surviving(4vs6)

but in the past,  2 IJN fighter squad(8) + 1 CL/CA's AA support vs 1 US fighter squad(6), US'll win without losing more than 2 planes

Sign in to follow this