You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tewaka

The match making systems is a fail....Tier 5s vs 8

14 comments in this topic

26 posts
1,511 battles

This has happened in all the World games, why the three tier fighting system still? I know I dont find the game fun at all trying to fight ships 3 tiers above me.....Why do you persist on this?

Surely you can make a fairer system to balance out who goes into a battle....

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You are playing a Battleship right? Then it's working as intended, Battleships can meet opponents 3 tiers higher than them, where as other classes can meet opponents 1 or 2 tiers higher than theirs.

Source: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/18094-matchmaker/

Greetings Captains,

there are a lot of questions about the Matchmaker (MM) and many of the new captains are surprised when they get into high tier battle with their low tier ship. The battle's tier is characteristic that shows the minimal and maximal tier of the enemy ships if they are not in division. The MM is different for each class, but it's possible to set it for each individual ship and there are some with special MM.

For now it's random in which battle you will get (as top tier or as lowest tier) it simply depends which battle tier will be filled first. There are plans to limit the amount of battles where you can end up as the lowest tier and after few such battles in a row the MM will let you wait for battle where you will be top tier.

Battleships

Ship's tier \ Battle's tier I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
I                         
II                    
III            
IV            
V            
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Cruisers

I                
II                
III              
IV              
V              
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Destroyers

I                    
II                
III              
IV              
V              
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Aircraft carriers

I                    
II                    
III                    
IV                
V                
VI              
VII              
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Exceptions:

Iwaki Alpha(IV): 4-5

Yubari (IV): 4-5

Atlanta (VII): 7-9

Arkansas Beta (IV): 4-6

Ishizuchi (IV) - 4-5

I'm still wondering why the 2nd most tier-dependant class gets the worst matchmaking treatment though...

26 posts
1,511 battles

You are playing a Battleship right? Then it's working as intended, Battleships can meet opponents 3 tiers higher than them, where as other classes can meet opponents 1 or 2 tiers higher than theirs.

Source: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/18094-matchmaker/

I'm still wondering why the 2nd most tier-dependant class gets the worst matchmaking treatment though...

How is that even close to being even, Tier 5 Battleship doesnt stand toe to toe with Tier 8 Battleships...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

How is that even close to being even, Tier 5 Battleship doesnt stand toe to toe with Tier 8 Battleships...

WG is kinda drunk with regard to matchmaking of this game. :P

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

This has happened in all the World games, why the three tier fighting system still? I know I dont find the game fun at all trying to fight ships 3 tiers above me.....Why do you persist on this?

Surely you can make a fairer system to balance out who goes into a battle....

on WoT Blitz you can only normally meet tank 2 tiers above you.....

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Remember.

Tier IV Light tanks were paired against Tier Xs for 1.5 years before it was changed.

43 posts
1,280 battles

ships seem pretty close match with a slight change it tactics to deal with higher tiers. but with CVs it seems quite off balance to me... but i may be the only person to think this.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Lower tier ships do still stand a chance against higher tier ones, do not compare both game's system against each other, both are different games.

Super Tester
802 posts

Too right friend. Tier 5 BBs are useless at tier 8! /s

bmeuOn0.jpg

Just like in World of Tanks, when you're a bottom tier it's all about knowing when to engage, who to engage and the positioning of your vessel/tank. Angling your hull perpendicularly to the enemy will still bounce 406mm shells.

Edited by Counterflak

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

You'll have the occasional battle where your tier 5 BB will be useful in a tier 8 battle but most of the time you'll get shredded.  No tier 8 BB driver fears a New York or a Kongo.