Sign in to follow this  
Anti_FIash

Cleveland Build Guide

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
21 posts
3,412 battles

Greetings Fellow Captains,

I thought I'd share my Tier VI Cleveland build I used during the CBT.  The following worked extremely well for me.  It maximises the Cleveland's offensive capabilities and introduces some surprising toughness.  Very effective at engaging similar or higher tier ships and abusively OP against lower Tier.

While the basic Cleveland is excellent, be sure to fully unlock it. 

Cleveland XP Unlocks

1 152mm/47 MK16 - 7200 XP +1.5 Rate of Fire, -10s Turret Turn Rate

2 Cleveland Hull (B) - 9800 XP +4700 HP, +2 AA mounts

3 MK6 mod 2 - 5500 XP +10% (1.3km) Main Battery Range

Part 2 - Ship Outfitting

Upgrades

1 Main Battery Modification 1 -20% Chance of Magazine Detention, -20% Chance of Critical Damage, -20% Repair Time

2 Gun Fire Control System 1 Increased Main Battery Accuracy***

3 Damage Control Modification 1 -3% Chance of Flooding, -5% Chance of Fire

4 Damage Control Modification 2 -15% Flooding Recovery Time, -15% Fire Extinguishing Time

Signals (Minimum)

1 Juliet Yankee Bissotwo -20% Flooding Recovery Time

2 India Yankee -20% Fire Extinguishing Time

Camouflage

Type 2 -4% Accuracy of Incoming Enemy Fire

Consumables

If you can, use level 2 consumables.  They are a significant improvement over standard.  One thing I will mention is, through personal experience,  I have had more success with Defensive AA over Hydroacoustic Search.  Using Defensive AA in coordination with other cruisers in a division is murderous on enemy torpedo and bomber aircraft (guaranteed Clear Skies).

Part 3 - Commander Skills

1 Basic Fire Training (Secondary Armament) -10% Reload of Guns under 155mm, +10% AA efficiency***

2 Aiming Expert (Artillery) +2.5 Degrees Per Second Aiming Speed of Guns up to 155mm

3 Ship Survivability (High Alert) -10% Reload Speed of Damage Control Party Consumable

4 Advanced Fire Training (Secondary Armament) +20% Firing Range of Guns up to 155mm, +20% AA Defensive Firing Range

5 Jack of All Trades (Special Skills) -10% Reload Speed of All Consumables

Part 4 - Total Bonuses

DISCLAIMER: I have added the individual bonuses, including ship upgrades, to give a total accumulative bonus in each area.  I would like to point out that I am not an expert on game mechanics to be certain the bonuses stack this way.  However, from general game play it would appear they are.  I am happy for anyone to correct me otherwise, if only to add complete legitimacy of this build.

Main Battery Bonuses

-20% Chance of Magazine Detention

-20% Chance of Critical Damage

-20% Repair Time

+2.5 Degrees Per Second Aiming

+30% Firing Range of Main Battery

Increased Main Battery Accuracy***

+1.5 Rate of Fire

10% Reload of Guns under 155mm

Secondary Battery

+20% Firing Range of Guns up to 155mm

AA Bonuses

+2 AA mounts

+10% AA efficiency*

+20% AA Defensive Firing Range

-10% Defensive AA Fire Reload Speed

-10% Catapult Fighter Reload Speed

Ship Survivability Bonuses

+4700 HP

-4% Accuracy of Incoming Enemy Fire

-3% Chance of Flooding

-5% Chance of Fire

-35% Flooding Recovery Time

-35% Fire Extinguishing Time

-20% Damage Control Party Reload Time

*** These Bonuses do not supply forthright information about their tangible values.

I hope this has been informative.  If you have any questions, suggestions or corrections, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below.

See you on the high seas.

Cheers,

Ormos_AU

"pew pew"

Edited by Ormos_AU

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Moving my comment here, cuz OP changed his post location :hiding:

I don't think commander skill boost secondary battery range anymore, it's now exclusive to upgrade module.

My opinion on the upgrade choices:

I'd prefer AA gun range over main battery accuracy module, mainly because of how AA Barrage damage mechanics works, and the increased AA range allow you to be slightly more distant from your friendly while still covering them from aerial attack. Secondly, it gives you more room to maneuver in case the carrier switches his attack run to you instead, or when friendly fleet (including you) are under fire and have to constantly change course.

Also, due to how fire and flooding prevention mechanics work, I'd take rudder/engine protection module over Damage control modification 1. Being on fire or flooded in a Cruiser is not as dangerous as Battleship because of your much lower cooldown on Damage control party. However, being stationary or unable to change course is deadly for a Cruiser, because Battleships and other Cruisers will make short work of your health. Your mobility is what keeps you alive in a Cruiser.

Lastly, if there are spare skill points on commander, I'd get that level 1 damage control skill, because 15% reduction in repair/recovery time from critical damage and fire/flooding is great help, and comes at cheap price. Damage control modification 2 is an option for me, but I could get either rudder shift or propulsion modification to boost my mobility if I can keep the ship away from fire and flooding.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

There's no point writing a "guide" where you just list what you use, instead you should write why you used what you did, where you explain the bonuses everything gives and why they are useful to the cleveland.

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

Greetings Fellow Captains,

I thought I'd share my Tier VI Cleveland build I used during the CBT.  The following worked extremely well for me.  It maximises the Cleveland's offensive capabilities and introduces some surprising toughness.  Very effective at engaging similar or higher tier ships and abusively OP against lower Tier.

While the basic Cleveland is excellent, be sure to fully unlock it. 

Cleveland XP Unlocks

1 152mm/47 MK16 - 7200 XP +1.5 Rate of Fire, -10s Turret Turn Rate

2 Cleveland Hull (B) - 9800 XP +4700 HP, +2 AA mounts

3 MK6 mod 2 - 5500 XP +10% (1.3km) Main Battery Range

Part 2 - Ship Outfitting

Upgrades

1 Main Battery Modification 1 -20% Chance of Magazine Detention, -20% Chance of Critical Damage, -20% Repair Time

2 Gun Fire Control System 1 Increased Main Battery Accuracy***

3 Damage Control Modification 1 -3% Chance of Flooding, -5% Chance of Fire

4 Damage Control Modification 2 -15% Flooding Recovery Time, -15% Fire Extinguishing Time

Signals (Minimum)

1 Juliet Yankee Bissotwo -20% Flooding Recovery Time

2 India Yankee -20% Fire Extinguishing Time

Camouflage

Type 2 -4% Accuracy of Incoming Enemy Fire

Consumables

If you can, use level 2 consumables.  They are a significant improvement over standard.  One thing I will mention is, through personal experience,  I have had more success with Defensive AA over Hydroacoustic Search.  Using Defensive AA in coordination with other cruisers in a division is murderous on enemy torpedo and bomber aircraft (guaranteed Clear Skies).

Part 3 - Commander Skills

1 Basic Fire Training (Secondary Armament) -10% Reload of Guns under 155mm, +10% AA efficiency***

2 Aiming Expert (Artillery) +2.5 Degrees Per Second Aiming Speed of Guns up to 155mm

3 Ship Survivability (High Alert) -10% Reload Speed of Damage Control Party Consumable

4 Advanced Fire Training (Secondary Armament) +20% Firing Range of Guns up to 155mm, +20% AA Defensive Firing Range

5 Jack of All Trades (Special Skills) -10% Reload Speed of All Consumables

Part 4 - Total Bonuses

DISCLAIMER: I have added the individual bonuses, including ship upgrades, to give a total accumulative bonus in each area.  I would like to point out that I am not an expert on game mechanics to be certain the bonuses stack this way.  However, from general game play it would appear they are.  I am happy for anyone to correct me otherwise, if only to add complete legitimacy of this build.

Main Battery Bonuses

-20% Chance of Magazine Detention

-20% Chance of Critical Damage

-20% Repair Time

+2.5 Degrees Per Second Aiming

+30% Firing Range of Main Battery

Increased Main Battery Accuracy***

+1.5 Rate of Fire

10% Reload of Guns under 155mm

Secondary Battery

+20% Firing Range of Guns up to 155mm

AA Bonuses

+2 AA mounts

+10% AA efficiency*

+20% AA Defensive Firing Range

-10% Defensive AA Fire Reload Speed

-10% Catapult Fighter Reload Speed

Ship Survivability Bonuses

+4700 HP

-4% Accuracy of Incoming Enemy Fire

-3% Chance of Flooding

-5% Chance of Fire

-35% Flooding Recovery Time

-35% Fire Extinguishing Time

-20% Damage Control Party Reload Time

*** These Bonuses do not supply forthright information about their tangible values.

I hope this has been informative.  If you have any questions, suggestions or corrections, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below.

See you on the high seas.

Cheers,

Ormos_AU

"pew pew"

After her u get the terrible pepsicola Pensacola, for the punishment of the ships that u rekt while using the cheatland

Good ship though

84 posts
1,414 battles

After her u get the terrible pepsicola Pensacola, for the punishment of the ships that u rekt while using the cheatland

Good ship though

LOL'd

Sign in to follow this