You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Missing Ishizuchi

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I took at look at premium shop today, and found that the Ishizuchi (IJN Tier4 BB) is no longer available. She was not at in-game shop either.

What puzzled me was that I don't remember this ship being time-limited sales, what has caused her to disappear from the shop? She's still in the premium shop of every other region, why is it that only SEA she was removed?

I know that each region has its own way of marketing (sorta), just like how we can buy Warspite in 1 week but other servers took her down. But what has caused WG ASIA to think that the Ishizuchi should not be on sale anymore? 

Just asking though, I don't plan to buy her unless she comes with a discount :hiding:

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Who cares then?... That ship is pretty much a piece of useless scrap. I regret buying it. Virtually to armour what so ever... Terrible firing range and it is not as fast as advertised. I find it more comfortable playing the Arkansas Beta.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Who cares then?... That ship is pretty much a piece of useless scrap. I regret buying it. Virtually to armour what so ever... Terrible firing range and it is not as fast as advertised. I find it more comfortable playing the Arkansas Beta.

I do care. Your experience with the ship may not be the same for my case, and some other people's case.

I do know quite a number of people liked the ship, and I did research on her performance quite a bit before noticing that she was removed.

I suggest you correct your statement as a personal opinion, rather than something you think represents general view on certain subject.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

That may be your opinion, but some people like the "battlecruiser style" gameplay it offers, I don't own one but the reviews say otherwise on your opinion

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

That may be your opinion, but some people like the "battlecruiser style" gameplay it offers, I don't own one but the reviews say otherwise on your opinion

Do you even know what is "battlecruiser style"? Battlecruisers are meant to be fast, hard hitting. They are designed to have range that is superior to most surface combat vessels so that they can hit then run. Using their superior range and speed advantage to avoid enemy counter attack. 

The Ishizuchi in the other hand... Has inferior artillery range compared to the Myogi and fully upgraded Wyoming. So it needs to get close in order to hit the enemy. But it just doesn't have the armor to survive a close range gunnery duel. It's just too underpower... That's why not many people choose to buy it. Or most people who have bought the ship find it too difficult to master and quickly find the ship boring.

WG should buff the ship, At least with it's pathetic gun range.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Do you even know what is "battlecruiser style"? Battlecruisers are meant to be fast, hard hitting. They are designed to have range that is superior to most surface combat vessels so that they can hit then run. Using their superior range and speed advantage to avoid enemy counter attack. 

The Ishizuchi in the other hand... Has inferior artillery range compared to the Myogi and fully upgraded Wyoming. So it needs to get close in order to hit the enemy. But it just doesn't have the armor to survive a close range gunnery duel. It's just too underpower... That's why not many people choose to buy it. Or most people who have bought the ship find it too difficult to master and quickly find the ship boring.

WG should buff the ship, At least with it's pathetic gun range.

It does have as much, or more range than most Cruisers up to tier5 though, which is the highest tier opponents they can meet.

As for Wyoming and Myogi, well they also pack the same gun caliber and have better firecontrol (they actually get higher mast -> more range) so it's kind of logical.

Battlecruiser style...well I'm not too sure about that. It's a Battleship designed to be better at handling fast targets like Cruisers, while having the speed to out-maneuver slower moving opponents like those US Battleships. As of how to make use of that mobility, it's something a player has to find out, including me.

Last but not least: She's a premium vessel, thus she is supposed to be inferior to regular ones of her tier, justified by WG's logic, nothing can be done there.

I do want premium vessels to be just as good as regular ones, but sadly that doesn't always happen.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Last but not least: She's a premium vessel, thus she is supposed to be inferior to regular ones of her tier, justified by WG's logic, nothing can be done there.

No.  The "premiums are weaker than their tech tree counterparts" concept is obsolete and it's about time people realized that.  WG only did that in WoT to make preferential-MM premium tanks work by ensuring they'd never see the same top tier enemies their tech tree equivalents would.  However, WG have abandoned it because it caused too many MM problems.  It's as dead as the proverbial parrot, and if you look at WoT's more recent premium releases, like the Berlin Quartet, they are at least as good as their tech tree equivalents and in some cases (ie Cromwell B), are actually better.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

you dont have a clue , have you tried to play more that once , once you adjust its an excellent ship 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

No.  The "premiums are weaker than their tech tree counterparts" concept is obsolete and it's about time people realized that.  WG only did that in WoT to make preferential-MM premium tanks work by ensuring they'd never see the same top tier enemies their tech tree equivalents would.  However, WG have abandoned it because it caused too many MM problems.  It's as dead as the proverbial parrot, and if you look at WoT's more recent premium releases, like the Berlin Quartet, they are at least as good as their tech tree equivalents and in some cases (ie Cromwell B), are actually better.

Obsolete or not it's up to WG to decide. I was re-stating WG's statements regarding premium vehicles, and regardless of whether premium vehicles are weaker or stronger than their regular counterpart, we can't argue with their logic. It's their game, they decide what they want, our opinion matters little and only statistics would be able to make them make changes to vehicles.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Obsolete or not it's up to WG to decide. I was re-stating WG's statements regarding premium vehicles, and regardless of whether premium vehicles are weaker or stronger than their regular counterpart, we can't argue with their logic. It's their game, they decide what they want, our opinion matters little and only statistics would be able to make them make changes to vehicles.

We do nothing but argue with their logic.