Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

'Commander has been killed'

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

In WoT, crew members can be killed or injured, which reduces that crew members skills for the battle... This can be used tactically when targeting other tanks... It also throws up challenges when your own crew members are casualties.... 

Has anyone considered having the ship commander get killed or injured, thus resulting in the loss of some or all his skills for the remainder of the battle.... This could/would happen if the ship's bridge gets penned or destroyed. 

Also, some type of consumable (sick bay?) could be implemented during battle to restore health and regain lost skill.

~and if he dies, like in wot, he miraculously appears without a scratch back in port!

Would this add more depth to the game??.. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

What I think is that it adds more RNG to the game, considering the accuracy of gunfire of this game.

We already have enough of those RNG, so I don't think adding more is a good idea.

Also, the superstructure is one of the most targeted spot on Battleship, mainly from HE shells by Cruiser and Destroyer, meaning if you play a BB expect to lose that spot most of the time.

So nope, I'm against this idea.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

It's unnecessary.  Think of the commander skills less of a single person and more along the lines of the drills the commander would make the crew do.  

No to a commander who can be killed, we have enough RNG gods as it is.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

hmm... if a commander gets injured, this should not mean the efficiency of the ship is halved, only those skills he has are gone unless you have something such as a first aid kit exclusive for the ship commander. currently, the commander is the overall crew of the ship and unless you add something such as the chief gunnery on the gunplot or the flight crew lead, then that's that.

I wonder if they would apply module damage though. hitting the gun director should limit the gun aim or make the shot deviation be wider.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I wonder if they would apply module damage though. hitting the gun director should limit the gun aim or make the shot deviation be wider.

Not if they make HE less devastating at scoring critical hits, or make those critical damage temporary only.

I'll continue my stand against increased critical damage until they make HE shells less annoying against Battleships.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

You captain is immortal, he can already function while standing in a blazing inferno when his entire bridge is on fire, not a care in the world.

The problem here is that the commander is only 1 person, where else there is 3-6 members of your tank-crew. Unless they split the commander into different crew members, making the commander get KO-ed = losing skill is a bad idea.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

*looks at the DD commander and crew* :sceptic:

Ship is good as dead if both the commander and the crew is dead from HE's alone lol~ x'D

and also, having crews getting killed with shells weighing several pounds or tons and hitting on the right spot could would seriously affect the fire power of the ship.. you don't want to shoot blindly now do you? xD

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

You captain is immortal, he can already function while standing in a blazing inferno when his entire bridge is on fire, not a care in the world.

This is exactly what I want to hear.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

If commander's were added into the ship hitbox like the crew in wot, can you imagine how often they would die? With everyone spamming HE it wouldn't be a matter of if, it would be a matter of when and how often (the latter is applicable if there is a way to heal them after they are "killed"), which frankly sounds like just another frustrating by-product of the HE meta.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Is that an idea to help WG makes more money from us players?... No thanks. I'm a dedicated destroyer player and i'm sick of getting my rudder jammed and engine blowing up by Omahas and Clevelands, and right after i repaired it... They blow them up again. I can't imagine what if my commander gets knocked out.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

This is all good feedback.

I'm not advocating the idea.

Just tossing it out there..To see reactions.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Is that an idea to help WG makes more money from us players?... No thanks. I'm a dedicated destroyer player and i'm sick of getting my rudder jammed and engine blowing up by Omahas and Clevelands, and right after i repair it... They blow them up again. I can't imagine what if my commander gets knocked out.

This has nothing to do with WG, it's just player's random idea of improving the game's depth.

Unfortunately, from all the comments on this topic so far, it seems unlikely to work with the game's current way of HE mechanics.

Sign in to follow this