Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

DPM buff for New Orleanas and Baltimore?

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Edit: 

Damn typo in the title. 

Currently New Orleans and Baltimore seem to be desperately under powered when compared to Japanese cruisers of the same tier other than when it comes to AA power, i really do feel like both could use a DPM buff, New Orleans up to 5 rounds per minute and Baltimore up to 6 rounds per minute with the upgraded guns, As it stands right now both of these ships are hardly even an upgrade from Pensacola which has a rate of fire of 40 rounds per minute and we all know how good Pensacola is...

New orleans has a rate of fire of 38.7 rounds per minute while Baltimore has a rate of fire at 41.4 rounds per minute, if you compare this to the Japanese Cruisers at the same tier they all have 40 rounds per minute rate of fire plus 12 torpedo tubes, how is that even remotely fair? Especially when you consider a ship like Des moines has more than double the rate of fire of the ship it succeeds. 

it is not like i am asking for a drastic DPM change in these ships, 5 rounds per minute would bump New Orleans up to 45 per minute and 6 rounds per minute for Baltimore would bump it up to a reasonable 54 rounds per minute, when you compare this to the Mogami and Ibuki which both get 12 torpedo tubes + 40 rounds per minute rate of fire this is perfectly reasonable. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

lala, I feel fine with the Baltimore though, fun to play, and really nice AA, I have no trouble using her

edit: Balti's guns always give me citadels, even with HE

Edited by Conkhead_12

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

No.

In order to get the Das Moist. You must play through the Baltimoist and the New Orleh.

Think of it as the Cheatland to Pensacola change. The Pensacola is the punishment for all the ships you rekt'd with your Cheatland.

The New Orleh and Baltimoist are the punishment you must endure before getting the Das Moist.

Also, you talk about the AA power being underpowered but then talk about the main battery specifics.

So which one are you referring to?

Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

No.

In order to get the Das Moist. You must play through the Baltimoist and the New Orleh.

Think of it as the Cheatland to Pensacola change. The Pensacola is the punishment for all the ships you rekt'd with your Cheatland.

The New Orleh and Baltimoist are the punishment you must endure before getting the Das Moist.

Also, you talk about the AA power being underpowered but then talk about the main battery specifics.

So which one are you referring to?

Hmm? i said the opposite, the only saving grace on the new orleans and balti are the AA lol. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Hmm? i said the opposite, the only saving grace on the new orleans and balti are the AA lol. 

And apparently better soft stats as well and better citadel protection because IJN Cruisers stored their ammunition terribly with shells and torpedoes crammed into every nook and cranny.
Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

And apparently better soft stats as well and better citadel protection because IJN Cruisers stored their ammunition terribly with shells and torpedoes crammed into every nook and cranny.

So because Japanese ships have torpedoes the American ships should have the same rate of fire? 

So what you are saying is torpedoes on japanese cruisers make them worse so American ships should never be able to fire faster than them? 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

So because Japanese ships have torpedoes the American ships should have the same rate of fire? 

So what you are saying is torpedoes on japanese cruisers make them worse basically? 

Its a mixed blessing. They get torpedoes which are useful at 6KM range.

Take any hits there are your citadels go pop.

Compare that to the New Orleans and Baltimore. I fear them more.

I see a Japanese Cruiser making a torpedo move I start moving my battleship/cruiser.

The guns of the US CAs are drastically better than their IJN counterparts. The saving grace of the IJN Cruisers are their torpedoes which is a mixed blessing.

So no. The US CAs dont NEED a buff. A buff will be nice but it isnt NEEDED. Its not game breaking.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

All they need to do is fix the shell velocity and arc for USN cruisers and they should be fine. IJN cruisers all have better shell speed.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I see a Japanese Cruiser making a torpedo move I start moving my battleship/cruiser.

The guns of the US CAs are drastically better than their IJN counterparts. The saving grace of the IJN Cruisers are their torpedoes which is a mixed blessing.

So no. The US CAs dont NEED a buff. A buff will be nice but it isnt NEEDED. Its not game breaking.

Honestly it is just as easy to get citadel shots on a Pensacola, New orleans, baltimore or even Des moines as the equal tier japanese ship, if you are giving someone the entire side of your ship its going into your citadel, AP shells can will and do bounce off a ship at a 45 degree angle. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Honestly it is just as easy to get citadel shots on a Pensacola, New orleans, baltimore or even Des moines as the equal tier japanese ship, if you are giving someone the entire side of your ship its going into your citadel, AP shells can will and do bounce off a ship at a 45 degree angle

And thats how you play a USN CA.

IJN CAs are forced to give their entire side if they want to use their torpedoes.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Honestly it is just as easy to get citadel shots on a Pensacola, New orleans, baltimore or even Des moines as the equal tier japanese ship, if you are giving someone the entire side of your ship its going into your citadel, AP shells can will and do bounce off a ship at a 45 degree angle. 

You have to taking in to account that in case 60 degree USN CA might bounce in coming round, but IJN might get a citadel, all and all is about RNG :D:D:D

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

You have to taking in to account that in case 60 degree USN CA might bounce in coming round, but IJN might get a citadel, all and all is about RNG :D:D:D

So in the end its not about buffing the USN CAs but rather nerf RNG?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

So in the end its not about buffing the USN CAs but rather nerf RNG?

I kinda crossing my finger here, But what i mean is USN CA have more possibility to bounce the shells and IJN have more chance taking citadel hits :D:D:D

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

I kinda crossing my finger here, But what i mean is USN CA have more possibility to bounce the shells and IJN have more chance taking citadel hits :D:D:D

USN CAs

+ Better Guns

+ Superior AA

+ Better Armour Protection

IJN CAs

+ Torpedoes

- Worse AA

- Ez Citadel. Ez Game.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Honestly that's total bullshit, aside from the Senjo (which actually has reasonable armour) all of the Japanese cruisers have far bigger citadels, can't recall off the top of my head but pretty sure they are less armoured as well.

Also the Baltimore gets far more pen for its 203mm guns than the preceding ships, though there is no way to tell in-game because WG insists on giving as minimal information as possible. This means that its effective DPM is much higher, if you are using AP.

Edited by _Storm

Beta Tester
30 posts
3,419 battles

He is quite right. Their is no need for any change in the CA class they are all well balanced. Close the topic wg pls.

If you really have to argue about something argue why human eyes can not see DD's at 6km range for your mothers sakes.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

He is quite right. Their is no need for any change in the CA class they are all well balanced. Close the topic wg pls.

If you really have to argue about something argue why human eyes can not see DD's at 6km range for your mothers sakes.

I honestly don't see a reason for this topic to be closed. This is a discussion forum after all, and if Fear thinks USN CAs are underpowered, he is free to argue his case and the rest are free to agree or disagree. However, a gentle reminder to please do be respectful in your disagreement. Attacking the idea is fine, but verbally attacking the player suggesting it is frowned upon.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

imo New orleans and balitmore rate of fire are fine but i wish the turret has more survivability since they have only few of them. the problem is their armor, it hardly stand a chance against HE spam from fast firing cruisers and AP against bb. they have good AA but He shell can knock them down one by one. a HP buff might be nice but it will make fires even more deadly...

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Agreed, USN and IJN CV's are well balanced, and at higher tiers AA firepower is crucial in defending the team.

I got up to both the Mogami and New Orleans in CBT and both ships were fine, While the Japanese ships were slightly more manoeuvrable and had torps and more guns, historically they were quite vulnerable too (See the fate of the Chokai, destroyed by a single shell to her torp launchers). USN ships are tougher and can take quite the punishment while shooting down scores of planes. Personally they offer quite different playstyles but in a 1 on 1 duel, my money is one the USN to come out on top at ranged engagements, at short range however, the IJN torps are quite deadly or at the very least a distraction, making them quite tough to beat

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

And thats how you play a USN CA.

IJN CAs are forced to give their entire side if they want to use their torpedoes.

I have played IJN CA up until the Ibuki, the only time you use torpedoes are in surprise attacks where the enemy ships will not even see them coming, the majaority of damage done by a japanese ship is with their guns, having torpedoes there is just a nice thing for killing battleships that sail around islands thinking they are safe to do say. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I have played IJN CA up until the Ibuki, the only time you use torpedoes are in surprise attacks where the enemy ships will not even see them coming, the majaority of damage done by a japanese ship is with their guns, having torpedoes there is just a nice thing for killing battleships that sail around islands thinking they are safe to do say. 

Well that the topic i argue among my friend :D:D:D

Some of my friend say that torpedoes in IJN CA are not meant to hit is juz be there to make the opponent concern about it, if you can juz make your enemy evade the torps and cant aim at ur ship properly then its done the torps do their job.

While i still believe that the steady armour of USN CA are better in over all situation, and i dont want to lose my focus on aiming torps.

Anyways this is juz my opinion and im a CA noob player :D:D:D     

Sign in to follow this