Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fluffy723

Is this normal

13 comments in this topic

25 posts
15 battles

I am verrry new to WoW, I have played outher similar games but have never been T/K'd 

so consistantly. My first outing the ship next to me opend fire without warning, i understand

accidents happen but i was fired upon 4 times after that and was forced to run and hide.

2nd match moveing into the battlespace i was "rammed" by my team mates 4 times 

twice each by 2 players and very nearly sunk. I was so badly damaged i could not contribute much to the battle.

3rd match, I was again fired upon multiple times, and the dude laughed about it and bragged how he {redacted}

the noob up!! Is this what i can expect from the gamepop or was i just really {redacted} unlucky.

It would be a real shame because what little i got to see of the game looked ok..

Super Tester
1,677 posts

what did they use when they unloaded at you? torpedoes or the main batteries?

since the highest amount of chance to TK somebody, premeditated or not, is a torpedo, the main battery causing TK has a chance to happen when you deliberately shoot at someone.

as for ramming... well, if you deliberately ram someone then thats another matter entirely but usually the ram and hull scraping are from derpy navigation like you turning right only to meet the bow of a teammate about to turn left or sort.

25 posts
15 battles

Mains, and i was being careful to stay out of everyones way.

I have since had a few more battles with no problems so hopefully

I was just really unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Playing games like this one expects a bit of "argy bargy" but that 

was right off tap and not a great intro to the game.

I've had some coffee and now im over it but thx for your concern.

P.S. i actually think the ability to ram your enemy is very cool...

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Psssst, don't tell Fluffy that Boris & Natasha have a bounty out on him..  Shhhhhh....

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Mains, and i was being careful to stay out of everyones way.

I have since had a few more battles with no problems so hopefully

I was just really unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Playing games like this one expects a bit of "argy bargy" but that 

was right off tap and not a great intro to the game.

I've had some coffee and now im over it but thx for your concern.

P.S. i actually think the ability to ram your enemy is very cool...

as for ramming, well remember accidental rams happened. Mogami had her share of collisions and Myoko accidentally rammed a destroyer.

you most likely got unlucky. expect pinko morons if they still continued deliberately firing at allies. but normally, nobody here usually intentionally unloads rounds at you unless you're in the way of his target and his shell arc is a bit flatter which is why you were hit.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Basically the same as WoT where you missfire your shot because an allied tank that move forward and backward or SPG misfire the flanking MT or LT

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

You won't encounter it everyday but it's going to happen occasionally. WG do have penalties for excessive team damage but offenders aren't smacked hard enough with the ban hammer to deter them from being scumbags.

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

Another thing could be that you're too close to him and his shots fly low and hit you accidentally because you were in the path of the shells. 

This happens when your literally side by side with an ally and he fires a low arc shot. 

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

Sometime you shoot at your own players NOT to hit them but to wake them up.

A lot of time you have to herd the two CV together with near shots so you can provide AA and DD protection so your team has a chance to win.

And I'm not the only one doing this as I have seen other players do it as well.

By best advice don't become a solo caption if you are a CR protect your BB and if you have good AA like a Cleveland  protect you biggest team asset, the CV. If you are a DD then you can play as solo caption more but the rest of the classes its a team game.

I played in team game where 3 Cleveland killed 30+ aircraft by working together in one defence of their teams CV. Zero hits on all ships :)

In the 100+ battles I haven't seen any blue on blue (friendly fire) except by accident so you must be unlucky.

74 posts
3,241 battles

as for ramming, well remember accidental rams happened. Mogami had her share of collisions and Myoko accidentally rammed a destroyer.

you most likely got unlucky. expect pinko morons if they still continued deliberately firing at allies. but normally, nobody here usually intentionally unloads rounds at you unless you're in the way of his target and his shell arc is a bit flatter which is why you were hit.

Sorry, what does "pinko" refer to? (I've noticed one or two ships on my team coloured pink.)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Sorry, what does "pinko" refer to? (I've noticed one or two ships on my team coloured pink.)

That's mean, those player did heavy damage to allied ship intentionally in that or previous battle

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,280 battles

You got unlucky Fluffy, I have seen very little TK'ing so far but have torped my allies a few times by mistake, torps do not recognize tier or friend from foe.

Ramming happens nearly every game though, especially if you run DD's a lot and is no big deal as the damage taken is minimal.

Sign in to follow this