Captain_Feel

Random questions, etc.

16 comments in this topic

2 posts
126 battles

So, Hi. I'm kinda new, so bear with me.

I was just wondering if accounts will get restarted/wiped after the OBT ends. Will this happen or not? And, if the wipe does happen(which I presume will), will I be able to keep my ships(I'm planning on buying a prem ship) and port slots and doubloons or whatever they're called? Or do I have to grind again? -.-

Also, I was thrown into a match where there were mostly tier 5's and I was the only tier 3. Dafuq was with that? I thought only WoT had screwed MM? O.o

And what's a cutter? I hear it's a kind of ship class, but I'm not really sure(2 lazy 4 wiki n googel m8). So why's it not on here?

Anyways, to anyone who's gonna answer and stuff - Thanks, have a nice day. :)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

So, Hi. I'm kinda new, so bear with me.

I was just wondering if accounts will get restarted/wiped after the OBT ends. Will this happen or not? And, if the wipe does happen(which I presume will), will I be able to keep my ships(I'm planning on buying a prem ship) and port slots and doubloons or whatever they're called? Or do I have to grind again? -.-

Also, I was thrown into a match where there were mostly tier 5's and I was the only tier 3. Dafuq was with that? I thought only WoT had screwed MM? O.o

And what's a cutter? I hear it's a kind of ship class, but I'm not really sure(2 lazy 4 wiki n googel m8). So why's it not on here?

Anyways, to anyone who's gonna answer and stuff - Thanks, have a nice day. :)

1. No wipes. OBT technically won't end, will just just transition to release.

2. Tier III ships can see Tier V ships in their MM spread.

3. Cutters aren't really relevant to this game.

4 posts
867 battles

hi I can't post a new topic, apologies for using this topic tho. I'm a newbie and just installed War of Warships. but I can't log-in the only Available server is EU, and it keeps on saying failed to connect to server or unknown error... I reside in Asia.. have I downloaded the wrong launcher? if so.. where can I download the right one.. pls help.  

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

hi I can't post a new topic, apologies for using this topic tho. I'm a newbie and just installed War of Warships. but I can't log-in the only Available server is EU, and it keeps on saying failed to connect to server or unknown error... I reside in Asia.. have I downloaded the wrong launcher? if so.. where can I download the right one.. pls help.  

You've downloaded an EU launcher. Refer to this post.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

True, but they can also see Tier VI as well.  I've been up against Fuso's and New Mexico's in my Myogi plenty of times.

Your Myougi is a tier IV. Battleships have a +3 MM spread, so you ll see up to tier 6 and the occasional tier 7.

[1AN-E]
37 posts
3,558 battles

It would be useful to know if that battleship on the horizon is tier 3 or tier 5 or if that Cruiser heading towards me has torpedoes or not.

Do I need to learn the silhouettes of all the ships?

How do I show the ign’s and ship names of both allies and foes when playing, both on the water and on the minimap?

[1AN-E]
37 posts
3,558 battles

How do I know what nationality/tier the ship is on the water all I can see is the marker and that it has 3 stacks or 4?

The same with the ship that has been sited on the mini map is it USN or IJN and is it tier 5 or tier 3?

Do I need a mod to get this information as well?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

How do I know what nationality/tier the ship is on the water all I can see is the marker and that it has 3 stacks or 4?

The same with the ship that has been sited on the mini map is it USN or IJN and is it tier 5 or tier 3?

Do I need a mod to get this information as well?

Go to your settings, game options, tick alternate battle interface. Or hold left alt in-game.