7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I appreciate that you provided us some insight on some of the abusive mechanics, and how to counter blue lining.

However, I'm not sure how to deal with Flying outside border mechanics. And also, I fear that this might promote wider use of such abuses.

Lastly, I hope that WG actually watches this to make adjustments to the game to prevent abuses.

P.S: Please remove that skycanc** tag, before you gets red texts (happened to me once) :hiding:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

424 posts
14 battles

I appreciate that you provided us some insight on some of the abusive mechanics, and how to counter blue lining.

However, I'm not sure how to deal with Flying outside border mechanics. And also, I fear that this might promote wider use of such abuses.

Lastly, I hope that WG actually watches this to make adjustments to the game to prevent abuses.

P.S: Please remove that skycanc** tag, before you gets red texts (happened to me once) :hiding:

Sorry, I didn't know that the tag wasn't welcome. On EU forums it's used a lot so I thought it was fine.

Anyways, I did want to include on how to deal with it, but somebody was hammering something near which ruined that part of the clip, so I had to remove it and due to various issues I had trouble rerecording that part. The way you can deal with the planes is that on your HUD you can see plane icons. If you can't see any planes in that direction on the minimap you know that they are outside the map border. Like this:

XyVwlvw.png

That icon will show up regardless whether you can see the planes on the minimap or not.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Sorry, I didn't know that the tag wasn't welcome. On EU forums it's used a lot so I thought it was fine.

Anyways, I did want to include on how to deal with it, but somebody was hammering something near which ruined that part of the clip, so I had to remove it and due to various issues I had trouble rerecording that part. The way you can deal with the planes is that on your HUD you can see plane icons. If you can't see any planes in that direction on the minimap you know that they are outside the map border. Like this:

XyVwlvw.png

That icon will show up regardless whether you can see the planes on the minimap or not.

Thankyou for your reply, I usually do pay much attention to that plane icon on the screen (most of the time I just look at the minimap) :P

But still, what do you think about these exploits? Do you think WG should fix/ban them? I know blue lining is going to have a fix soon (according to some mods and supertesters), so should we expect some fix for these Carrier exploits?

424 posts
14 battles

Thankyou for your reply, I usually do pay much attention to that plane icon on the screen (most of the time I just look at the minimap) :P

But still, what do you think about these exploits? Do you think WG should fix/ban them? I know blue lining is going to have a fix soon (according to some mods and supertesters), so should we expect some fix for these Carrier exploits?

They should absolutely NOT ban these, but if they do want to stop people from using them then fix it instead. I do not want mechanics that are "forbidden to use" in game, but only "sometimes". I don't really care if they exist. In my opinion they add to the arsenal of what you can do in a CV and increases the skill gap, but I can understand how it could be a problem. All in all I don't mind that much because I want to move away from CVs anyway because people are hating on them a lot, on top of WG most likely doing very unfavorable changes to them in the skill department.