Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UnknowedGenius

The game is "so balance"

20 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

MM matches the total ship weights of both teams, as low tier ships are still able to take down higher tier ones though requiring better skill

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

MM matches the total ship weights of both teams, as low tier ships are still able to take down higher tier ones though requiring better skill

True, although I do feel that bad MM in a Kawachi is like stubbing your Toe and Pinching your hand at a door. The Kawachi can be such a pain to grind at times due to the gun range. 

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

I first thought that the MM spread would be 2 tiers above or lower... not until I find myself fighting enemies 3 tiers higher from me...

pretty much the same with WoT before they changed the MM

seeing the game is still in Beta and lots of things were yet to be fixed or applied

20 posts
978 battles

the tier 5 battleship Kongo drained half of my hp in 1 shooting turn and u think i can take someone down :amazed:

Edited by UnknowedGenius

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

not when you're on cv and the enemy cv is 3 tier above you.

sample of WG "Ballance" my team has 4 tier 5 while the enemy team lowest tier is tier 6. bonus, we got no DD on our team.

"working as intended" seem legit to me.

6R7rLxT.jpg

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That matchmaking is actually possible, look here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/18094-matchmaker/

Or if you are too lazy to create an EU account, then here:

Greetings Captains,

there are a lot of questions about the Matchmaker (MM) and many of the new captains are surprised when they get into high tier battle with their low tier ship. The battle's tier is characteristic that shows the minimal and maximal tier of the enemy ships if they are not in division. The MM is different for each class, but it's possible to set it for each individual ship and there are some with special MM.

For now it's random in which battle you will get (as top tier or as lowest tier) it simply depends which battle tier will be filled first. There are plans to limit the amount of battles where you can end up as the lowest tier and after few such battles in a row the MM will let you wait for battle where you will be top tier.

Battleships

Ship's tier \ Battle's tier I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
I                         
II                    
III            
IV            
V            
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Cruisers

I                
II                
III              
IV              
V              
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Destroyers

I                    
II                
III              
IV              
V              
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Aircraft carriers

I                    
II                    
III                    
IV                
V                
VI              
VII              
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Exceptions:

Iwaki Alpha(IV): 4-5

Yubari (IV): 4-5

Atlanta (VII): 7-9

Arkansas Beta (IV): 4-6

Ishizuchi (IV) - 4-5

All regular Battleships have +-3 tier matchmaking, meaning your tier3 Kawachi can meet tier6 ships.

What I found strange is that battleships being the more tier-dependent class of this game actually gets the worst matchmaking spread.

As if the life of slow Battleships not hard enough already...

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Ah, I really hate the MM, but. 

"Cheer myself up"

BANZAI CHARGE

Anyways, 2 tier Difference MM is too much, hell back in CBT, I was an insolent Nagato and never met the Yummah-Toh before, so I don't know how to act when there's a Yamato, lol took 2 salvos from Yummah Toh, then,

Coral Reef Mission  Sank

Edited by Conkhead_12

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Seriously If even OBT is still like this, I don't want to imagine the Tragedies after full release.

Matchmaking, Surely easier to fix a game mechanic?

CVs: Equal Total amount of tier (Tier 6+Tier 8 vs Tier 7+Tier 7)

BBs: Tier 4 or lower should get +/-1 for the lack of AA.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

the tier 5 battleship Kongo drained half of my hp in 1 shooting turn and u think i can take someone down :amazed:

its largely being in the right place at the right time but Kawachi is hopeless due to its bad range and horrific dispersion

You might be able to kill a random CA who derps too close to you but a Battleship will wreck you due to bigger guns will pen your armor easily, while your 30.5cm guns won't do anything (that calibre seems to have alot of trouble penning battleships)

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I first thought that the MM spread would be 2 tiers above or lower... not until I find myself fighting enemies 3 tiers higher from me...

pretty much the same with WoT before they changed the MM

seeing the game is still in Beta and lots of things were yet to be fixed or applied

It was that during CBT, i do not ever remember having to fight tier 10 ships in one of my tier 7 ships, or vice versa i never remember fighting tier 7 ships in my des moines. (unless it was one of the rare games with 6 or so ships in total.) 

Sooo idk why they changed it especially considering nearly 10 times as many people are online now compared to CBT.... 

It is almost like they are trying to make ships more frustrating to grind.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Super Tester
1,677 posts

well its no surprise. faced Yamatos and Des Moines early from Kongo to Nagato. Kawachi got dragged to tier VII back then as well.

Sign in to follow this