Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WindCruiser

Rear Gunner?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

How do we know which plane got rear gunner ?

I found this on commander skill that skill to improve rear gunner skill ... so some plane must have it but how do we know ?

Edited by WindCruiser

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

You can visually check, in port, select your bombers for close in view. If the plane's got rear guns, it'll most likely have rear gunners. ;)

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

You can visually check, in port, select your bombers for close in view. If the plane's got rear guns, it'll most likely have rear gunners. ;)

This isn't accurate. Many of the planes don't appear to have rear guns due to the canopy being closed up, but do actually have them. All the dive and torp bombers I googled turned out to have rear guns, from memory. Not sure if there's a way to find out in game, though.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

LOL, and we can't even see the plane that not reseached yet if you want to plan ahead, you can see only first plane of unreseached ship but not the second plane

... btw, did Rear gunner really can do anything in the game ? can it shoot down scout plane at all ? or it just barely do nothing

Alpha Tester
548 posts

LOL, and we can't even see the plane that not reseached yet if you want to plan ahead, you can see only first plane of unreseached ship but not the second plane

... btw, did Rear gunner really can do anything in the game ? can it shoot down scout plane at all ? or it just barely do nothing

It's auto. So you don't really need to think about it :)
Edited by DavidNsy

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Yes they can do a little bit. After my fighters shot down all the enemy fighters, some of them were shot down while attacking retreating torpedo bombers. No enemy AA around.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

so it help .. but very little ?

assume if i order my bomber to fly around scout plane ... it can shot down scout plane ?

or if 2 us bomber squads (12 planes) against 1 jp fighter (4 planes), are they have a chance to win ? 

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

Well I don't have that skill researched but the torpedo bombers I have on my CV has them and while not super effective they've shot down a couple of fighters before. Its more of a self defense thing. 

I don't think sending it to circle a scout plane will shoot it down, its meant to shoot things chasing it. Not the other way around. 

EDIT: @Yura, Damn, that's an awesome list you got there, thanks for sharing, I'll be stealing that for reference. 

Edited by Shokuhou_Misaki

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

... btw, did Rear gunner really can do anything in the game ?

Rear Gunner gets to wave at sailors floundering around in the sea.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Wow! Nice list .... 
so IJN tierX has no rear gunner on both thier bomber ... 

anyway .. just notice something on that list ... did all IJN torp bomber do same damage !?

and high tier ijn fighter got more DPM than US fighter ? ... hmmm that weired

Edited by WindCruiser

930 posts

anyway .. just notice something on that list ... did all IJN torp bomber do same damage !?

yes, they do. all throughout the tree.

the number of squadrons you could control increases as you advance to compensate with the flat damage japanese planes can deal (although there's a stall between Hiryu and Shokaku)

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Wow! Nice list .... 

so IJN tierX has no rear gunner on both thier bomber ... 

and high tier ijn fighter got more DPM than US fighter ? ... hmmm that weired

​you did you try to do some research on AA damage yet?

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

yes, they do. all throughout the tree.

the number of squadrons you could control increases as you advance to compensate with the flat damage japanese planes can deal (although there's a stall between Hiryu and Shokaku)

hmm, never notice that at all, still in low tier, thanks for info

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

actually, how effective is the rear gun?

and also the rear gunner skill?

can I take down a US fighter with a IJN TB/DB squadron?

IT CAN at least taking down disturbing Seplane fighter

Sign in to follow this