Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alfreuson

To buy or not to buy? That is the question.

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

If your ONLY concern about buying a prem ship is high credit making on average performance, would you buy Warspite or Atago?

That means disregarding beauty, exclusiveness, and other aesthetic reasons.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It depends on your playstyle: Battleship or Cruiser.

* Warspite:

+ Punchy guns.

+ Legendary accuracy (with accuracy boost module equipped).

+ Maneuverable.

- Average gun range and speed.

- Weak deck armor (really bad when fighting at longer ranges).

- Guns rotate REALLY slow.

* Atago:

+ Fast and maneuverable.

+ Relatively good guns and torpedoes, torpedoes can actually fire diagonally forward.

- GIGANTIC citadel. Expect random 1-shot if you show them your broadside.

- Sub-par AA capability.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If you have any thought that you may want both, buy the Warspite as it's a limited release. Atago will probably be there & available forever.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

* Warspite:

+ Punchy guns.

+ Maneuverable.

* Atago:

+ Fast and maneuverable.

+ Relatively good guns and torpedoes, torpedoes can actually fire diagonally forward.

- Sub-par AA capability.

Best answer here. If you look solely about credit generation, you'll want to pick the ship that suits your playstyle the most. That means the ship that you can perform the best at. If you're used to cruiser-style gameplay, then pick up Atago. Battleship gameplay? Warspite.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

I would save that money for later tho ;)

But for me, I'll prolly stick to Atago (well, it's just I'm into CA gameplay lol)

Beta Tester
17 posts
6,365 battles

ahh no 

Ahh, yes.

The Atago consistently earns more credits than the Warspite on a per game basis. And that was the criteria he required.

The fact it's a tier 8, of course, is also a pretty clear indicator it will earn more as well.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

* Warspite:

+ Punchy guns.

+ Maneuverable.

* Atago:

+ Fast and maneuverable.

- Sub-par AA capability.

AA gun is decent IMHO, I shot down 18 planes on my first sortie..... She also has that 'AA spamming thingy' as a consumable.....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Don't buy the warsprite  it still a rubbish crap [content removed] ship and I want a dam refund.

its way to slow, the so called extra armour doesn't do nothing and being a tier 6 it is still out gunned by lower tier ships.

its 16km gun range at tier 6 is crap when u get a tier 5 jap BB out range and out gun you as well the AA is hopeless

also considering this ship owns the record for the longest ever recorded hit at 23km and only have a 16km range in game is total bs

it needs to be buffed but what do you expect from WG because u cant have a prem ship better than the normal ship no that's not allowed

but if im going to spend money on this game I expect that buying a ship will benefit me by being a better ship than the dam ships that u don't spend money on.

so if I was you guys you are better off not spending any money on this game until they wake up to themselves and put items in the game that will benefit you as a player cuz as far as im concern spending real money on below par items is not good enough, cuz I kow you wouldn't spend money in the real world for a product that's worse than a product you can get for nothing or cheaper.

Profanity.  Post Edited.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Don't buy the warsprite  it still a rubbish crap [content removed] ship and I want a dam refund.

its way to slow, the so called extra armour doesn't do nothing and being a tier 6 it is still out gunned by lower tier ships.

its 16km gun range at tier 6 is crap when u get a tier 5 jap BB out range and out gun you as well the AA is hopeless

also considering this ship owns the record for the longest ever recorded hit at 23km and only have a 16km range in game is total bs

it needs to be buffed but what do you expect from WG because u cant have a prem ship better than the normal ship no that's not allowed

but if im going to spend money on this game I expect that buying a ship will benefit me by being a better ship than the dam ships that u don't spend money on.

so if I was you guys you are better off not spending any money on this game until they wake up to themselves and put items in the game that will benefit you as a player cuz as far as im concern spending real money on below par items is not good enough, cuz I kow you wouldn't spend money in the real world for a product that's worse than a product you can get for nothing or cheaper.

Hahaha no.

The Warspite is as good as she is. Shes very nice to play.

If all your games are bad in it. Theres only 1 constant variable: You.

Quote Updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

25 posts
1,923 battles

I support Murmansk.

It's similar with Omaha (USN Tier 5) with 1944 Hull.

But Murmansk's rudder Shift just 5 seconds!! and 14.8 km gun range (after my russian captain upgrade secondary gun it increase to 17.76 km)

don't compare it with Furutaka... It's very different...

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

na im not a bad player at all

the aiming is total rubbish the reload is a joke the range is crap

give me a Kongo over this rubbish ship anyday

if anything the warsprite should be tier 4 or 5 it is diff not a tier 6 ship

I do better in my Arkansas at tier 4 than this rubbish and everyone says the Arkansas is a rubbish ship as well lol

it is a joke and they need to buff the aiming time and the range of the guns

Alpha Tester
548 posts

na im not a bad player at all

the aiming is total rubbish the reload is a joke the range is crap

give me a Kongo over this rubbish ship anyday

if anything the warsprite should be tier 4 or 5 it is diff not a tier 6 ship

I do better in my Arkansas at tier 4 than this rubbish and everyone says the Arkansas is a rubbish ship as well lol

it is a joke and they need to buff the aiming time and the range of the guns

Don't need to worry, it's still early state of the game, they will rebalance all class soon.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

I'm reading a lot about Warspite as "bad" ship to buy, but why would WG make it exclusive? AFAIK WG does this to "OP" vehicles (Type59, E 25). Irony for WoWS?

Alpha Tester
548 posts

I'm reading a lot about Warspite as "bad" ship to buy, but why would WG make it exclusive? AFAIK WG does this to "OP" vehicles (Type59, E 25). Irony for WoWS?

Well, you know why they say it bad ?

Because WG said it before, that Premium Vehicles will be weaker than Full Upgraded Vehicles at the same tier. Because it's also create the variant of Premium Vehicles/Vehicles you can buy.

Ex : You don't want to buy Atago because it can meet tier X, so Warspite is the other choice at lower tier.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

Well, you know why they say it bad ?

Because WG said it before, that Premium Vehicles will be weaker than Full Upgraded Vehicles at the same tier. Because it's also create the variant of Premium Vehicles/Vehicles you can buy.

Ex : You don't want to buy Atago because it can meet tier X, so Warspite is the other choice at lower tier.

I am very aware that prem vehicles perform somewhere in between stock and elite.

My point is, with my experience in WoT, Type 59 got removed permanently from shop coz it's "OP" (in comparison with same prem vehicles), and E 25 recently removed coz of the same reason.

But why would WG do the same to Warspite despite having bad reputation?

EDIT: typo

Edited by Alfreuson

Alpha Tester
548 posts

I am very aware that prem vehicles perform somewhere in between stock and elite.

My point is, with my experience in WoT, Type 59 got removed permanently from shop coz it's "OP" (in comparison with same prem vehicles), and E 25 recently removed coz of the same reason.

But why would WG do the same to Warspite despite having bad reputation?

EDIT: typo

Well, you could say the E-25 is OP due to it's good rate of fire and good camo factor. But you need to remember, to make the tank OP is mostly from the player skill, not everyone can use 7.5cm Pak.42 L/70 on the E-25. Even the Type 59 ( I have it ) case, you can only bully other tank with  your hull, but you may know the hull can only hold against less than 200mm of penetration and most of HT at Tier VII have from 198 -> 212mm pen ( except for the IS ). But when it get to Tier VIII and Tier IX match it will be penned by everyone and you also have the struggle to go through the front of many tank at that tier. And you know everyone is spamming gold so don't think about the armor. WG also rebalance Type 59 many patch ago. It's decent-good Tier VIII MT now.

And the case of Warspite is basically the same. It can make money and train the crew, it's also decent for its tier. Not too good, not too bad, but decent.

Edited by DavidNsy

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

Well, you could say the E-25 is OP due to it's good rate of fire and good camo factor. But you need to remember, to make the tank OP is mostly from the player skill, not everyone can use 7.5cm Pak.42 L/70 on the E-25. Even the Type 59 ( I have it ) situation, you can only bully other tank with  your hull, but you may know the hull can only hold against less than 200mm of penetration and most of HT at Tier VII have from 198 -> 212mm pen ( except for the IS ). But when it get to Tier VIII and Tier IX match it will be penned by everyone and you also have the struggle to go through the front of many tank at that tier. And you know everyone is spamming gold so don't think about the armor. WG also rebalance Type 59 many patch ago. It's decent-good Tier VIII MT now.

And the case of Warspite is basically the same. It can make money and train the crew, it's also decent for its tier. Not too good, not too bad, but decent.

I'm actually a practical person, I'm not sure if WG's reason on making Warspite "rare" is as trophy or above average credit maker, where it falls will certainly affect its purchase. Some wants trophies as some kind of social status, but some, like me, wants the most efficient ones.

Alpha Tester
548 posts

Well, you're right. there are some players want to be a collector, some want to train the crew before UK ship come out and some want to make money with it.

It's also the case of 112, T-34-3 :) some still want to have it :)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

AA gun is decent IMHO, I shot down 18 planes on my first sortie..... She also has that 'AA spamming thingy' as a consumable.....

I didn't mention that because like you said, I think her AA is decent. Not bad, but not good, so I didn't add them into the list. What I listed are bad points and good points. And no, she does not get that AA spam thingie, not at all. She only gets scout plane that boosts firing range, no AA Barrage or Fighter seaplane at all.

Sign in to follow this