Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lawiez

HMS Warspite

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

It's on sale again, this time on premium shop for 1 week only.

Oh. Thanks for the info.

But No, I do not recommend Newbies get a Battleship. Get the Russian Omaha.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

It's worth it ONLY as a credit generator or if you want a pommey (British) captain pre-trained up for the Royal Navy Line.

Oh, you also get complimentary tea & crumpets while in port :trollface:

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Only worth it if you have experience at those tiers, preferably BB experience.

Otherwise you're just buying yourself a noobsuit.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Only worth it if you have experience at those tiers, preferably BB experience.

Otherwise you're just buying yourself a noobsuit.

^ This.

In fact, right now all tier6-8 prem ships are not newbie-friendly. We suggest you avoid buying any of them until you get better at the game.

Super Tester
802 posts

It's worth it ONLY as a credit generator or if you want a pommey (British) captain pre-trained up for the Royal Navy Line.

Oh, you also get complimentary tea & crumpets while in port :trollface:

No Rum ration? Well that's not cricket.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I'm guessing some will want it solely because of "ERMAGHERD WERSPERT" and its insane record of slugging a ship from far away and will whine later on because it did not perform as good as they expected it to be a literal long range haxx0r botter stuff. I myself hope I can save enough to buy it within the period partly because I am one of those that squee'd at this thing in the game, disregarding stats, and because it is quite a solid ship I hear.

speaking of which, I get this feeling Warspite's gonna come back when the Brits (and for some ANZ gais, their ships within their ranks most likely painted gold) arrive. if Warspite's the benchmark for stats, then her big sister Queen Elizabeth should be dangerous for her tier also.

Edited by EvyL

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I'm guessing some will want it solely because of "ERMAGHERD WERSPERT" and its insane record of slugging a ship from far away and will whine later on because it did not perform as good as they expected it to be a literal long range haxx0r botter stuff. I myself hope I can save enough to buy it within the period partly because I am one of those that squee'd at this thing in the game, disregarding stats, and because it is quite a solid ship I hear.

speaking of which, I get this feeling Warspite's gonna come back when the Brits (and for some ANZ gais, their ships within their ranks most likely painted gold) arrive. if Warspite's the benchmark for stats, then her big sister Queen Elizabeth should be dangerous for her tier also.

If we're going by what WG are doing with both IJN and USN BBs, I think the QE Class Battleships are gonna have three hulls 1) stock 1915 2)1941/42(What the Warspite is now) then a 1944/45 hull with improved gun range and AA e.t.c.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

If we're going by what WG are doing with both IJN and USN BBs, I think the QE Class Battleships are gonna have three hulls 1) stock 1915 2)1941/42(What the Warspite is now) then a 1944/45 hull with improved gun range and AA e.t.c.

isn't the stock the very configuration they came out of the shipyard with? so its fair but the grind on the big sister will most likely be painful and this is assuming she'll be a bit more modular. since Warspite is at about 16km, its kinda fair for her big sister would have a good range of 22 km (having her with an additional km would make her insane at tier 6).

but its a bit of an interesting note though, Warspite and her future sister Queen Liz are probably the only super-dreads in the game that have and will have good ranges for dreads at lower tiers since Nagato and Colorado are souped up super-dreads and Fuso got nerfed (man she had good range at CBT despite her guns betray her at times)

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

"Worth it?" is a very subjective question.

After my time with WoT, I'm not spending any money on WoWS until I see how certain things go.

You might feel entirely differently, however, so it's almost pointless to ask.

If the question is "How well does it perform RELIABLY?" then that probably is a better one to ask, and you can check stats of people who you know have one to see how it does perform for them.

It strikes me as much more like a USN BB than an IJN, so if you've played them you might get a better idea.

Edited by Steeltrap

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

isn't the stock the very configuration they came out of the shipyard with? so its fair but the grind on the big sister will most likely be painful and this is assuming she'll be a bit more modular. since Warspite is at about 16km, its kinda fair for her big sister would have a good range of 22 km (having her with an additional km would make her insane at tier 6).

but its a bit of an interesting note though, Warspite and her future sister Queen Liz are probably the only super-dreads in the game that have and will have good ranges for dreads at lower tiers since Nagato and Colorado are souped up super-dreads and Fuso got nerfed (man she had good range at CBT despite her guns betray her at times)

I thought the hull upgrade for the Fuso bought it up to ~19kms then +10% for the FCS upgrade = ~22.8kms? granted I can't remember the CBT range of the Fuso.

Now for the QE, if its 22km, + Spotter = 26.4km thats  0.2km off of Yamato's base range(In game) that would be insane.

Edited by Chawp

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Fuso and Kongo were pretty similar with range in Alpha/CBT. Somewhere around 21.x km when all modules available through exp were done (that's before the extra upgrades for cr became available).

679 posts
3,522 battles

The biggest sales point of the Warspite are the accuracy of the guns. Fighting a Fuso I could expect to be hit by 1-4 projectiles each round, and if I ensured that I was 90% on to (ie my bow to their broadside) I could expect them to bounce, do light damage and about 1 in 3 salvos to crit, In return I could expect to hit 4-5 shots every salvo and do 1 crit every 2nd salvo. (helps that the Fuso is made out of crits)

So generally speaking I could kill a Fuso to half my health, then repair to 3/4 health.

Warspite vs equivalent or lower tier BBs is awesome, it get more difficult vs high tier BBs obviously, generally cos they are faster and more maneuverable.

Simple rule with Warspite, try to fight at 14-12 km range or inside 5 k range. Mid range just means CCs are going to burn you to the ground. Keep you bow pointed to the enemy, or or your stern if running, and wiggle so you can get all guns on, the back to bow or stern. NEVER nerver broadside. You will be critted to death! Warspite has excellent bulge armour but is extremely vulnerable to plunging fire, so bow on and minimize your chances of being hit!

Her turrets are the slowest in the game, making the Yamoto's look speedy. Turn your ship not your guns. Its faster and then just turn back for the next incoming salvo.

Finally remember the Warspite has 15" guns, not 14 inch like everyone else at her tier.

Sign in to follow this