You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pancakeofdoom

fix the disparity bettween destroyers

16 comments in this topic

53 posts
526 battles

Spotting range of JPN torpedo's get completely ridiculous after tier 5. a minekaze spotting range with upgraded torps is 8.8 seconds then all the way up to 12 seconds which is too easy to dodge.

and what I really hate is American DD compered to the advantages of JPN destroyers there inferior having better guns is useless for a destroyer compered to torpedo's. and only getting good with the benson which finally have torpedos that have a longer range then it detection range. meaning you have to grind all the way up 8 tiers to finally get a decent DD.

they should just make the DD comparable to each other I rarely see any one go US DD only if there planning on grinding up the tiers.

I would even be complete fine if they made it so you could just by the sims DD which allows you to skip all the garbage.

Edited by pancakeofdoom

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Spotting range of JPN torpedo's get completely ridiculous after tier 5. a minekaze spotting range with upgraded torps is 8.8 seconds then all the way up to 12 seconds which is too easy to dodge.

and what I really hate is American DD compered to the advantages of JPN destroyers there inferior having better guns is useless for a destroyer compered to torpedo's. and only getting good with the benson which finally have torpedos that have a longer range then it detection range. meaning you have to grind all the way up 8 tiers to finally get a decent DD.

they should just make the DD comparable to each other I rarely see any one go US DD only if there planning on grinding up the tiers.

I would even be complete fine if they made it so you could just by the sims DD which allows you to skip all the garbage.

Lol, how are they gnna make it comaprable, heck, USN DD's torps sucks til u get to fletcher, and they gt their gun damage nerf, lol

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

USN DDs are all about panache. If you're scared of being detected, you really shouldn't grind it. I can understand why it's not a popular choice.

I love the hell out of USN DDs, though. They're crazy awesome. I guess that's just because I imagine myself as fighting the Battle off Samar every time I get in one. :teethhappy:

Just got the Nicholas, and I gotta say tiers 2-4 of USN DDs are pretty boss. Go in, kill every DD you see, then finish the cap point before moving on to hunt bigger game.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

WG is going for national peculiarities. What's the point of grinding down two different DD lines if they play exactly the same? Wouldn't it feel repetitive?

It's the same reason why German heavy tanks don't play anything like Soviet heavy tanks in WoT. The DD playstyles in WoWS are meant to differ by design.

You should employ different tactics when playing USN DDs, they aren't supposed to be as sneaky as the IJN DDs. Use your guns to your advantage, they can make mincemeat out of other destroyers that have worse gun traverse.

Edited by benlisquare

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

US DD's are my favourite ships! They are not all about the torps like the IJN DD's are as they actually have decent gun characteristics. I don't find the range of the IJN torps to be the big advantage everyone suggests it is, because to score a long range hit with a torp requires a pretty dumb target that does not change directions, some clear water so that you can actually get the torp across the map, and/or, a good slice of luck. Even getting a short range hit takes some skill as your target is likely to dodge. What I try to do with DD's that have multiple launchers is fire the first spread on target and lag the second spread so that it hits the dodging/slowed ship and even then you still need a bit of luck. But this is the challenge of playing DD's.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

lol, Check my status dude.

Here the link : worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2000923732-MeloMelonSoda/  

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

53 posts
526 battles

lol, Check my status dude.

Here the link : worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2000923732-MeloMelonSoda/  

that is a pretty good KD

Do you mostly hunt other destroyers? 

I heard some people say US destroyers can fire and not be detected but I really don't know I think baron said that.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I heard some people say US destroyers can fire and not be detected but I really don't know I think baron said that.

Baron is a newb, don't listen to his gameplay guides.

As for firing but not get detected, here is the explanation:

- When you fire your gun, your detectability range is increased by about 3-4km.

- If the distance between you and the CLOSEST enemy is higher than your detectability range + 3-4km, then you won't get spotted.

* To do that, you need a Destroyer with good camo skill and/or good firing range. To achieve long firing range, you can get tier4 commander skill that boosts firing range of 155mm and smaller guns by 20%, tier9-10 equipment that boosts firing range by further 16%, and a suitable ship such as the Fletcher or Gearing. To get good camo skill, You need that tier5 commander skill, and tier8-10 ship's equipment.

- Firing from the smoke don't get you spotted either, but you can't spot them either. You need teammates to spot the enemy so that you can see them and shoot.

- As for the smoke, you need to be FULLY CONCEALED inside the smoke to not get detected. However, due to the way smoke generation works, moving at full speed while generating smoke won't work fully. It's best to stay inside or behind a smoke if you plan to fire on enemies. Or if you are moving while firing, move at half speed or 1/4 only.

* Enemies might still blind fire at your location though, take note of that.

53 posts
526 battles

iv given the US DD a go. it really seems to me there a lot harder to hit. and seem to have better protection. I got shot with a arK beta. in a Clemson. and it only did 900 dmg. might have over pen'ed.

I still prefer the sneaky minekaze.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

*****Stop Press*****

WG.net have announced there will no longer be any classes or nations in any of their titles.

All vehicles, be they land air or sea, will be configured exactly the same, with exactly the same abilities.

****end press release*****

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!" - Muhammad Ali

One of the big advantages of DD's is that they are highly manoeuvrable, so if you hang out at close to max range you can get shots in and can dodge return fire. In fact when I am piloting a US DD I like to bait enemies into firing at me at long range, because they will be wasting shots on a target they can't hit rather than ones they can. If the situation gets too hot and too many enemies are gunning for you then you can escape, but if they simply ignore you then that is an opportunity to close range and try for some torp hits.

679 posts
3,491 battles

*****Stop Press*****

WG.net have announced there will no longer be any classes or nations in any of their titles.

All vehicles, be they land air or sea, will be configured exactly the same, with exactly the same abilities.

****end press release*****

Oh the irony, the bitter bitter burning irony.

o7 Sir

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

I suck using torpedos, which is why I am loving the US DD's those rapid fire guns are great at killing the IJN DD's and I happy to throw a few rounds of HE spam at any other ship in range......but for those CA and BB's it's all about spotting for your team, plus a bit of hit and run.

53 posts
526 battles

Im really finding the tier 5 US DD a pain bitch just can't turn. 

and iv given US DD a pretty good go.... better Torpedo's simply out way every other consideration. JPN DD get nerfed to buggery beyond tier 5 so really US line is the only option.

Edited by pancakeofdoom

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

All I heard is that "I keep getting destroyed Underpowered Buff pls" or Alternatively "(Something) Kill me OP Nerf pls".

Whining all day.

USN DD are a bit weak ATM but they are usable. IJN DD can only run if they see you, and long range HE spam is a good way to farm damage as well.