Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pancakeofdoom

Supporting Carriers

13 comments in this topic

53 posts
526 battles

There is a lot of complaining about CV's yes they are over powered..... But in all honesty should they not be I mean there a bloody air craft carrier lol what do you expect and it does seem that war gaming wants to keep things sort of realistic as possible. Though what irks me though is they put battle ships up against CV's and expect there not to be friction. It would be better if they just kept them separate.

What I also find annoying is this myth of invincibility of battle ships. people want to play them because they got the best armour best guns and most HP of any other class so there for it superior...... Well no.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Sorry mate, no offence, but your title and post don't seem to follow a linear discussion. It all seems about as random as dog vomit. :sceptic:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

I support carriers (I don't use them), but the one thing that gets on my nerve is when a carrier turns up with no fighter planes. The ones that really bug me are the ones complaining they didn't get support, after turning up with no fighter planes.

Why would I want to support a carrier that turned up to kill ships but not want to protect the team.

You want my support, bring some fighter planes and I'll happily give you support

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Supporting a Carrier means that the Carrier has to travel with the fleet. Carrier Noobs are hiding somewhere and are not that effective as they could be.

The power of a CV .... we are talking about a game, so realism means nothing if the RANDOM PLAYERBASE is not using Naval tactics. (How could they ?)

So for that reason, they (CV) have always the advantage over any other ship class.

BBs are the next problem, they have a advantage in all and it takes them 2 shots, to take out any other ship class (Not talking about CV in this instance)

If their Gun range would be shorter, so that they are closer to the frontline (Playstyle from @Syanda), a Cruiser could play its MULTI-ROLE. But this insn´t the case, with Random BB Players.

At the moment the balance is so disappointing that WoWs has already lost 30% of its player-base, in just 3 Weeks.

Just a few are playing High-tier battles because of the MM (Matchmaker)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

BBs are the next problem, they have a advantage in all and it takes them 2 shots, to take out any other ship class (Not talking about CV in this instance)

If their Gun range would be shorter, so that they are closer to the frontline (Playstyle from @Syanda), a Cruiser could play its MULTI-ROLE. But this insn´t the case, with Random BB Players.

Yeah there are a lot of blue line cheaters and campers, but BB's can't take out cruisers that move all about the place easily, and since HE has been spammed a lot, CL and CA players can just bombard the poor BB's with impunity, so I think saying that BB's are a problem is rather unfair - try playing in the slow ass BB like the USN ones an once they get caught out by a cruiser or two they are screwed

679 posts
3,507 battles

Supporting a Carrier means that the Carrier has to travel with the fleet. Carrier Noobs are hiding somewhere and are not that effective as they could be.

The power of a CV .... we are talking about a game, so realism means nothing if the RANDOM PLAYERBASE is not using Naval tactics. (How could they ?)

So for that reason, they (CV) have always the advantage over any other ship class.

At the moment the balance is so disappointing that WoWs has already lost 30% of its player-base, in just 3 Weeks.

NO

Last week 13k

last night 17K-25K at one point

This is not so

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

NO

Last week 13k

last night 17K-25K at one point

This is not so

Do you know the difference between Player-base and NEW Players ?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I support carriers (I don't use them), but the one thing that gets on my nerve is when a carrier turns up with no fighter planes. The ones that really bug me are the ones complaining they didn't get support, after turning up with no fighter planes.

Why would I want to support a carrier that turned up to kill ships but not want to protect the team.

You want my support, bring some fighter planes and I'll happily give you support

I have a U.S. Cv with fighter load out and I still get no support 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

At the moment the balance is so disappointing that WoWs has already lost 30% of its player-base, in just3 Weeks.

You have no clue about bb , sure I have 1 shot some ships , where I get luck , but I'm a big slow moving target that gets hammered by everything in range , and U.S. Bb are even worse , I died 5 times last night before I could even get in range 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

At the moment the balance is so disappointing that WoWs has already lost 30% of its player-base, in just3 Weeks.

You have no clue about bb , sure I have 1 shot some ships , where I get luck , but I'm a big slow moving target that gets hammered by everything in range , and U.S. Bb are even worse , I died 5 times last night before I could even get in range 

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Maybe you should read my posting again.

As a CA player I can´t support a BB by just giving AA support. I need to be in range to my BB teammate to shoot at other CA/BB.

Maintarget for a BB Player are Cruiser (as listed in Starting Screen of the Match), what I see in most cases they are shooting long range at other BBs.

If the Gunrange from a BB would be a bit shorter they could support each other far better.

If you are saying all are hammering on you if you are in their range, what about me being in CA or even DD ?

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

There is a lot of complaining about CV's yes they are over powered..... But in all honesty should they not be I mean there a bloody air craft carrier lol what do you expect and it does seem that war gaming wants to keep things sort of realistic as possible. Though what irks me though is they put battle ships up against CV's and expect there not to be friction. It would be better if they just kept them separate.

What I also find annoying is this myth of invincibility of battle ships. people want to play them because they got the best armour best guns and most HP of any other class so there for it superior...... Well no.

yeah that's why USN CVs have very good and OVERPOWERED flight controls/setups

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

I have a U.S. Cv with fighter load out and I still get no support

I see that a lot too. I play CL and DD's and I tend to hang by the CV for the first wave of air attack at least

Sign in to follow this