You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

shouldn't this game have individual practices area?

14 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

a lot of game out there has practices area for play can be familiar with game system.

sniper game has shooting range that player can feel bullet drop, wind direction and learn how to leading aim, get a feel for weapon.

fps game also has shooing range to familiar with gun,

what about this game? learn basic through reading and watching video? NO!!

why not put some small open water and dummy target run around, where player can put their newly acquire ship to practice their aim as much as their heart content and anytime they want? instead of let them shamingly lose or get sunk in actual game??? (and being called noob) it's irritating.

I try get practice in co-op mode, .... it's no good, either enemy get sunk by other player or I get sunk myself because I'd solely focusing on aim practices. let alone random battle.

I just want some place that I can freely practice without worry anything else.

not everyone like to learn form actual combat you know? they need practices first.

---one thing at the time.---

focusing on practice aiming

learn how fast ship respond, how fast they go.

learn to avoid shell & torpedoes

etc...

than combine all later in actual fight.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

I use the PvE for practice, not the best for what you have in mind but it's not to bad. Unlike PvP you aren't going to upset to many people as it's more of a bit of fun there.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

PvE is the place for you to practice (Select Co-op battles).

I just play PvE because its more enjoyable as well.

Muppets on your team will still torpedo you, but at least the bots won't call you noob!

116 posts
2,643 battles

Yup, PvE can be considered a training room.

I usually play my stock ships on PvE to familiarize myself with the new ship while getting the exp needed to get some key upgrades

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

Training rooms exist but they're only available to a select few because WG.

I think you can enable it via a mod. 

I'm gonna go check if there's a way or not though.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I think you can enable it via a mod. 

I'm gonna go check if there's a way or not though.

We shouldn't have to use a mod to unlock it.  It should be available to everybody right now.

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

Although imo, i still feel PVE is the way to go and WG probably meant it to be that way. Practice is important but practice in a controlled environment for too long may be bad in its own way as it doesn't help players grasp the concept of actual combat where in PVP ships move erratically. 

I think WG should implement a tutorial much like what is already existing in WoT for the new players to understand the basics. Then the rest is applying them in PVE. That would make a smoother transition into actual PVP.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Although imo, i still feel PVE is the way to go and WG probably meant it to be that way. Practice is important but practice in a controlled environment for too long may be bad in its own way as it doesn't help players grasp the concept of actual combat where in PVP ships move erratically. 

I think WG should implement a tutorial much like what is already existing in WoT for the new players to understand the basics. Then the rest is applying them in PVE. That would make a smoother transition into actual PVP.

It helps you find citadels, where to shoot and where to not shoot. Pretty hard to do when your target is shooting back while searching for it.

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

It helps you find citadels, where to shoot and where to not shoot. Pretty hard to do when your target is shooting back while searching for it.

To be honest, once you get a feel of its general position its a matter of shooting and hoping. Because of RNG its almost impossible to snipe reliably. 

Once I learnt the general layout of how citadels worked, it was matter of adjusting my aim to the general area. 

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

To be honest, once you get a feel of its general position its a matter of shooting and hoping. Because of RNG its almost impossible to snipe reliably. 

Once I learnt the general layout of how citadels worked, it was matter of adjusting my aim to the general area. 

Yes, they are in general locations, but different ships have different general locations.

A Cleveland's citadel position isn't the same position as a New Orleans, for example. Yes, under the smoke stack, but the Cleveland's isn't really under the smoke stack, but infront of it.

Then there's the "lets see if my guns can pen this ship and at what distance".

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

That's if you want to transition into actual PvP.

No thanks!!!

Super Tester
802 posts

If I recall, Traning rooms were disabled before the CBT to conserve server resource as they were causing a lot of lag for normal players. There will probably be a time when the are re-enabled sometime in the future once WG has a better undstanding of load on their servers and networks.