Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UnknowedGenius

Issue with U.S.A carrier

38 comments in this topic

20 posts
978 battles

I got the Bogue Tier V carrier and i found this so ridiculous. 2 fighters and 1 dive bomber, really? what a big joke! The most interesting thing when you play carrier is the toperdo bomber. Dive bomber, another big joke - maximum damage 5400. really? Dive bomber automatically dropping is terrible and manual drop is much more difficult compared with toperdo drop. I do almost no damage to the enemies and my mission is to command 2 fighters to shoot enemies aircraft. That so boring? Next tiers have no differences, dissapointed! If i could choose again, i would definitely choose japan carrier and I decided not to up tier this US carrier anymore.

930 posts

Good for achieving air superiority against enemy carriers to be honest. But that loadout is not really good for offensive strikes or when there are no enemy carriers.

Alternatively if you want to play offensive, there is always the offensive setup (0/1/2) or the stock setup.

Edited by IJN_Yura

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I got the Bogue Tier V carrier and i found this so ridiculous. 2 fighters and 1 dive bomber, really? what a big joke! The most interesting thing when you play carrier is the toperdo bomber. Dive bomber, another big joke - maximum damage 5400. really? Dive bomber automatically dropping is terrible and manual drop is much more difficult compared with toperdo drop. I do almost no damage to the enemies and my mission is to command 2 fighters to shoot enemies aircraft. That so boring? Next tiers have no differences, dissapointed! If i could choose again, i would definitely choose japan carrier and I decided not to up tier this US carrier anymore.

good go play IJN cv , after i rip apart all you bombers with my fighters then complain about that .

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Bogue has one of the most accurate dive bombers out of all the carriers.Use them properly and you can still take out ships with ease.

20 posts
978 battles

good go play IJN cv , after i rip apart all you bombers with my fighters then complain about that .
Ok then you will find this so boring because your main task is to destroy enemy's aircrafts but not enemy's ships. Japan carrier still have more advantages. Since they deal tons of damage to enemy's ships, they get lots of xp and cash. My highest xp score in a match was about only 700 while Japan carrier can easily get 1500+ xp a match.Also Japan carrier's playstyle is the style that player call "the true carrier", if i choose offensive setup 0/1/2 with 0 fighter and Japan's carrier with the same tier have 1 fighter, 2 toperdo boomber and 1 dive boomber, which one do you think better ?

679 posts
3,514 battles

Some of you guy miss the point he makes.

What if there is no enemy CV.

US Carriers are hopelessly hopelessly broken atm

Edited by Dantes_Inferno

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I still say carriers are boring and all need double the plane squadrons with half the damage potential on each.

Nothing to do for 90% of the time you play a CV.

The flooding and blazing chances are double as well due to multiply Squadron

And the amount of planes is based on the CV size and the planes themself

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

Yes Japan Carrier are fun to play since OBT, before that it was fun for all ships with decent AA Power.

Thats the reason why the majority is saying CV is op, even in NOOB hands.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Ok then you will find this so boring because your main task is to destroy enemy's aircrafts but not enemy's ships. Japan carrier still have more advantages. Since they deal tons of damage to enemy's ships, they get lots of xp and cash. My highest xp score in a match was about only 700 while Japan carrier can easily get 1500+ xp a match.Also Japan carrier's playstyle is the style that player call "the true carrier", if i choose offensive setup 0/1/2 with 0 fighter and Japan's carrier with the same tier have 1 fighter, 2 toperdo boomber and 1 dive boomber, which one do you think better ?

If you got up against a U.S. Cv with fighter load out you won't be doing much of anything , you planes will be all dead , most IJN cv drivers are crap anyway always try to rush kill the other cv , that's an easy tactic to counter as we'll , and if you stuck with fighter but no cv on other team use em as scout , did hate being lit up all the time 

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

If you got up against a U.S. Cv with fighter load out you won't be doing much of anything , you planes will be all dead , most IJN cv drivers are crap anyway always try to rush kill the other cv , that's an easy tactic to counter as we'll , and if you stuck with fighter but no cv on other team use em as scout , did hate being lit up all the time 

pls go play high tier and fight taiho and hakuryu with figther loadout with your USN ship then shut up. this still isnt much of an issue because most forum peeps still has not reached high tier. all of you would be howling once you reached them.
Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

pls go play high tier and fight taiho and hakuryu with figther loadout with your USN ship then shut up. this still isnt much of an issue because most forum peeps still has not reached high tier. all of you would be howling once you reached them.

Why they will die , and ? I don't fight the cv direct , I just kill his planes .

Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Why they will die , and ? I don't fight the cv direct , I just kill his planes .

nope, they will give us's 3-0-2 load a good fight then eat all their ammos as their torpedo bombers kill your CV. then you feel like a real sh8 and utterly useless when no enemy CV.

meanwhile, IJN carriers still get good bombers and torpedoes at air superiority setup, so they can safely go for that setup without worrying whether they have an enemy CV or not. REAL BALANCE RIGHT THERE.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

nope, they will give us's 3-0-2 load a good fight then eat all their ammos as their torpedo bombers kill your CV. then you feel like a real sh8 and utterly useless when no enemy CV.

meanwhile, IJN carriers still get good bombers and torpedoes at air superiority setup, so they can safely go for that setup without worrying whether they have an enemy CV or not. REAL BALANCE RIGHT THERE.

Works against most players on the server , but anyone with skill can counter it 

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Works against most players on the server , but anyone with skill can counter it 

what kind of reply is that? useless feedback? you clearly have no experience at CVs so shut up i guess?

20 posts
978 battles

What if there is no enemy CV? Command fighters to shoot enemies's ship or being killed by their AA guns ?

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Some of you guy miss the point he makes.

What if there is no enemy CV.

US Carriers are hopelessly hopelessly broken atm

Happened to me a couple of times. I announced to my teammates that i was useless in non carrier situation. They told me to scout with my fighters. I scouted the whole match. I spotted a DD 24/7 until it got destroyed, i destroyed enemy ship' artillery spotters, I scout for enemy DDs at crucial points. I scouted near the flag of enemy ships whereabouts. All the while, i manual aimed my dive bombers at enemy most vulnerable ships, the battleship Myougi, and auto aim at the faster more nimble destroyers.

We won the match. I did around 790 xp, all good for 2000 xp after the win multiplier and premium multiplier.

Beta Tester
62 posts
772 battles

What if there is no enemy CV? Command fighters to shoot enemies's ship or being killed by their AA guns ?

Maybe, just maybe scouting and highlighting enemy DDs until they are smashed to death from your team-mates.

115 posts
2,634 battles

Unfortunately at the moment US CVN is only good at air superiority. Play IJN CV if you want more anti ship capabilities.

Probably WG would introduce another US CV line for anti ship in the future/upon release but we just have to wait

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Unfortunately at the moment US CVN is only good at air superiority. Play IJN CV if you want more anti ship capabilities.

Probably WG would introduce another US CV line for anti ship in the future/upon release but we just have to wait

when you reach tier 9 and 10, you'll find out that IJN CVs are both good at air superiority and anti ship at the same time.

20 posts
978 battles

Happened to me a couple of times. I announced to my teammates that i was useless in non carrier situation. They told me to scout with my fighters. I scouted the whole match. I spotted a DD 24/7 until it got destroyed, i destroyed enemy ship' artillery spotters, I scout for enemy DDs at crucial points. I scouted near the flag of enemy ships whereabouts. All the while, i manual aimed my dive bombers at enemy most vulnerable ships, the battleship Myougi, and auto aim at the faster more nimble destroyers.

We won the match. I did around 790 xp, all good for 2000 xp after the win multiplier and premium multiplier.

That's why this is a joke. Aircraft carrier for scouting and drop weak damage booms down to the enemies? It's becoming "too small" for its value. Don't u get the point?

Edited by UnknowedGenius

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

That's why this is a joke. Aircraft carrier for scouting and drop weak damage booms down to the enemies? It's becoming "too small" for its value. Don't u get the point?

Uh, when i get to USN carrier, i don't expect to get tonnes of XP from sinking enemy ships. I just expect to shoot down a lot of enemy planes. With the occasional job of scouting, it took me a while to adapt to this playstyle, but now i thrive in it. Higher tier USN carrier gameplay may be a lot different though.

115 posts
2,634 battles

when you reach tier 9 and 10, you'll find out that IJN CVs are both good at air superiority and anti ship at the same time.

Good to know. Still a long way to tier 9 CV :)

Sign in to follow this