You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sz_Benny

Aircraft Carriers Top of Team

12 comments in this topic

2 posts
259 battles

Anyone else noticing Cv's at the top of the team list nearly every single game? Don't know if i'm just incredibly unfortunate, but I've played around 100 battles and there seems to be a problem here... 

I'm guessing this is probably due to torpedo bombers and their ability to drop torps literally 40m from your ship making them literally impossible to avoid all of them, which isn't very nice when only one of the torps can take away half your hp. I also noticed that the planes can fly through obstacles, making islands (which would normally protect you from torpedo's) useless from planes. The torpedo bombers can fly right through the island and drop torpedo's from the islands side. 

Don't know if it is just torpedo bombers that are the problem but something seems wrong based on the results Cv's are getting every game. 

Edit: Sorry for not being clear, I meant cv's are top of team xp list , not the initial loading screen team list. 

Edited by Sz_Benny

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

cv are top of the list , but it does not mean they are top tier , cv are good , but they are not unbeatable , you should only be worried if you play BB 

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

If you are talking about the ships that finish with the highest number of xp's then what I find is that this goes to the best players. If CV commanders are the best players then so be it.

Beta Tester
301 posts
113 battles

That's... probably because the order in which player appears in the team lineup is, from top to bottom, carriers>battleships>cruisers>destroyers>destroyed ships following same order?

Unless, of course, you mean that the carriers you're with are always top tier or something.

679 posts
3,488 battles

I'm guessing this is probably due to torpedo bombers and their ability to drop torps literally 40m from your ship making them literally impossible to avoid all of them, which isn't very nice when only one of the torps can take away half your hp. I also noticed that the planes can fly through obstacles, making islands (which would normally protect you from torpedo's) useless from planes. The torpedo bombers can fly right through the island and drop torpedo's from the islands side. 

We've been raising some of these issues since last November.

My Take is very different now to what it was some months ago.

What i used to think was that Torp Bombers need to be fixed.

Now I suggest a different fix.  Should Torps bomber drop their cargo far away, little or no impact of AA.  But should they choose to drop close (as all good players do) then AA should be 3-5 times more effective at close range.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Most good CV player are experienced player

Unlike other ship, they can choose the easiest target to strike (every 3 to 5 minutes)

And most Easy target are either lone player or noobies that hardly move their rudder

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Now I suggest a different fix.  Should Torps bomber drop their cargo far away, little or no impact of AA.  But should they choose to drop close (as all good players do) then AA should be 3-5 times more effective at close range.

That's what close-range AA defense are for, stuffs with 2-3.5km range.

I'm up for that buff if they improve the aerial torpedo range of IJN Carriers, and USN Carrier torpedo speed.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Excellent idea sir! And WG should make planes look more realistic. I don't like it when planes can suddenly dive into my ship. Especially with torpedo bombers. I think it should take more time for torpedo bombers to descend and perform attack. 

7 posts
1,228 battles

I agree

2 posts
259 battles

Good replies. Really like the idea of increasing close range aa guns making last second torp drops costly. But yeah, i'm guessing they would have to increase torp speed, otherwise theres way too much time to manoeuvre and dodge them. 

7 posts
1,228 battles

Just this week,4 players whom i was encouraging to continue playing WOWS just quit because of CV torpedo manual drops. They really had fun when playing at low tiers, but when they got to tier 6 and up where almost all carriers were manual dropping torpedoes, they got frustrated and quit. Well they are still newbies to this game and they could have gotten better if they played longer...but i guess having consecutive games where carrier players know how to manually drop can really get to you.