You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lam_Ka_Ho

where are you from?

where are you from?   

137 members have voted

1. 1. where are you from?

65 comments in this topic

14 posts
798 battles

Let do some statistic,  ive rmb australia is recommanded to asia server.

If i miss some countries,  please reply below.

I will add them to the poll. :honoring:

Edited by Lam_Ka_Ho

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

China, Hong Kong, Taiwan... I thought there was supposed to be only "One China" (at least use Hong Kong's space for another actual country).

And what about the Philippines? Are they in the same gray space of ocean as Indonesia?

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I am not sure what it is you are trying to achieve with this survey OP, other than opening a big old can of worms.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

And what about the Philippines? Are they in the same gray space of ocean as Indonesia?

Indonesia, widest SEA country... Not listed (you need to learn to use map again)

OP has seen the future, and the future knows no countries.

It only knows...

... the brotherhood.

lvcjPMW.jpg

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

New Zealand has once again been missed off the list, don't we exist to you guys in Asia? 

NZ has a decent navel history for such a small nation (as part of the British commonwealth), having a Royal Navy Battlecruiser (HMS New Zealand) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_New_Zealand_(1911)named after it, having its navy participate in some famous battles such as the sinking of the Graf Spee and pulling more than its weight in WW2 in general :P

Edit: (I'm Asian myself but still call NZ my home and my country)

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

Not trying to be a pain but... isn't Hong Kong part of China now? 

I'll check Japan as that is my location but I'm not "from" here. Been here since before many of you were born but, not from here and not Japanese.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I'll check Japan as that is my location but I'm not "from" here. Been here since before many of you were born but, not from here and not Japanese.

Hong kong still has different laws to the rest of China

Beta Tester
7 posts
537 battles

New Zealand has once again been missed off the list, don't we exist to you guys in Asia? 

NZ has a decent navel history for such a small nation (as part of the British commonwealth), having a Royal Navy Battlecruiser (HMS New Zealand) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_New_Zealand_(1911)named after it, having its navy participate in some famous battles such as the sinking of the Graf Spee and pulling more than its weight in WW2 in general :P

Edit: (I'm Asian myself but still call NZ my home and my country)

But we already have Australia in the poll right :popcorn:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Oh Boy you don't want to talk it here mate. In Hong Kong (China as well) right now this is a Very, Very Contraversal Topic.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Taiwan is the home of the former Nationalists who lost to the Communists following WWII. Mainland likes to foam at the mouth about it but to date hasn't been able to do anything else.

Then there's mainland communist China.

And then there's Hong Kong which was a former UK colony following the 1st Opium war of the 1800s. HK was effectively leased for 99 years, from 1898 to 1997. Japan occupied it during WWII. It's officially a 'Special Admin Region' of mainland China. There's tension there due to quite a few people believing China hasn't honoured their commitments made during the handover from UK, specifically about democratic representation. Like nobody saw that coming.

I'm not bringing politics in, just history and a few wry comments lol.

That help?

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Wow who would have thought playing games would give you historical lesson about the complex origin of Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China?

Maybe he should have played Hearts of Iron instead. :trollface:

11 posts
2,230 battles

Taiwan is the home of the former Nationalists who lost to the Communists following WWII. Mainland likes to foam at the mouth about it but to date hasn't been able to do anything else.

Then there's mainland communist China.

And then there's Hong Kong ...

Pssst. Don't forget Macao. ;)

Dutchman Living in Hong Kong by the way.