Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marhault

FIX THE GARBAGE MATCHMAKING SYSTEM!

11 comments in this topic

3 posts
345 battles

Not sure if the Devs actually care/read these posts/play the game, but EVERYONE knows the current matchmaking system is total trash and seems like it should be a damn easy fix.

1. Carriers should ALWAYS be equal. Period. 0-0, 1-1, 2-2. I just played a game as a tier IV carrier vs a tier VI and a tier V. Can anyone guess what happened? Spoiler: All my planes got demolished. My upgraded IJN fighters went against the USN squad and didn't even drop a single one trying to defend my torpedo bombers. SO FUN!

2. Tier range needs to be tightened. The randomness can completely destroy the balance in a match depending what ships your team has as higher vs as the lower. Should be +- 1 tier, that's it. No reason not to be, there are plenty of games/players at least at this point in time (until they all get tired of the broken BS that isn't getting addressed).

3. Some kind of measure to prevent divisions from bringing in much lower tier members. Nothing like seeing some POS tier 1 on my team while I'm in my tier V ship.

Cmon guys. It isn't that hard. Oh, and all the fanbois can just not even bother with the "but it's just beta" garbage. We all know this is a soft release as there will be no wipes. The beta tag is just a crappy excuse to fall back on if there are any issues and is not a good reason not to fix the current ones that are crushing the enjoyment of playing this game. The lack of feedback and info from the devs is a problem as well. Perhaps they are already working on these things, but they choose not to bother mentioning it like a professional company would/should.

Thanks.

PS, Fix the damn blue line exploit sometime this year? kthx

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I wrote a comprehensive list of thoughts on MM back in Alpha.

Didn't get much commentary other than "nothing much to say, you nailed it".

Was deleted with OBT.

I wrote about MM for some 2.5 YEARS in WoT back in NA when it was released (including time in beta). Became rather infamous for it on that forum. Took that long for anything to change and even then the changes didn't cover everything. People are still complaining about things I first wrote about back in 2010.

Gives you some idea what to expect, LOL.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

>working as intended
>MM will get better once there are more players
and more B.S
 m72W18z.jpg

they don't even fix the ship tier gap when creating division resulting in some troll division with combination of high and low tier ship.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

As I've pointed out for many years, if a MM can't function effectively with the available playing population then it's simply not well designed.

Population is an INPUT for MM. A MM that can't handle the prevailing conditions and hence inputs is one that is bordering on not fit for purpose. That's design 1.01.

I wish people would stop offering playing population as an excuse. It's pure BS and shows how poorly they understand the issue AND allows WG to get away with rubbish design.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

As I've pointed out for many years, if a MM can't function effectively with the available playing population then it's simply not well designed.

Population is an INPUT for MM. A MM that can't handle the prevailing conditions and hence inputs is one that is bordering on not fit for purpose. That's design 1.01.

I wish people would stop offering playing population as an excuse. It's pure BS and shows how poorly they understand the issue AND allows WG to get away with rubbish design.

you miss my point. i'm being sarcastic there, because those are always the reason whenever the mods give whenever someone as to fix the MM.

i don't play world of tanks but i heard that the MM there is garbage too. so i guess i won't expected that much from W.G to fix the MM issue here since its been two years since its been address. 

12 posts
2,060 battles

In reply to the MM issue I completely agree, unlike in WOT a tier gab with a carrier or an unbalanced number is basically game breaking. After playing CBT and now the soft release beta its become evident that 9 out of 10 times MM will give one of the teams a carrier advantage and this unfortunately is game breaking. The carriers in WoW even in the hands of an average player are extremely powerful and have found that the team with this advantage will almost always win the battle. I know we are not alone in this problem and myself and the community I play with will walk away from this tittle unless something is done about the horrible MM system we are currently being provided with.

As the the issue with the boarder skidding one of my gamer buddies put a ticket in about it and he was told that it does not count as an exploit as anyone can do it. WRONG WG, so very wrong, just because everyone can do it does not mean it is not an exploit. An exploit anyone can take advantage of, surely when this mechanic was made they didnt picture half the team skidding up and down a  blue line unfairly giving the team doing it especially during a defence scenario a truly unfair advantage, this DEVS is an exploit and needs to be changed, the excuse/reason giving for WG not planning to change this was quite possibly the worst excuse I have ever heard. It is a broken mechanic and it is being exploited period.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

As the the issue with the boarder skidding one of my gamer buddies put a ticket in about it and he was told that it does not count as an exploit as anyone can do it. WRONG WG, so very wrong, just because everyone can do it does not mean it is not an exploit. An exploit anyone can take advantage of, surely when this mechanic was made they didnt picture half the team skidding up and down a  blue line unfairly giving the team doing it especially during a defence scenario a truly unfair advantage, this DEVS is an exploit and needs to be changed, the excuse/reason giving for WG not planning to change this was quite possibly the worst excuse I have ever heard. It is a broken mechanic and it is being exploited period.

Can you please PM me the ticket ID where that reply was made ?

As for the blue line abuse, during Closed Beta there was a collection thread for replays from battles where the blue line abuse took place. These replays were tracked by the dev team in St. Petersburg directly, to collect enough data on how widespread it was, and to get possible countermeasures in to the game. Several different suggestions were tested inhouse, to find a proper solution. That solution will be coming very soon, first implemented on the maps where the blueline abuse is most seen. Rest assured, its an issue they are aware of, and will deal with. Sooner than you think.

Beware the kraken, is all I will say for now...

Edited by AALG

25 posts
15 battles

I remember you from WoT, I agree with your comment on using player pop as an excuse.

I would like to add, as a player of many games like this and having used many MM's in the past

You can't please every one. If you "fix" one complaint you will usually just create more for someone else.

They(from what i can see) work on averages not absolutes. people will ALLWAYS be unhappy no matter what the "dev's" do.

The "dev's" seem to (and quite rightly so in my opinion) try to please the majority of the gamepop MOST of the time.

Please try to remember, you are playing a FREE game......LoL

:popcorn:  Roll out the "flameing trolls"   LoL  RotF.

P.S. good to see you man. Thx for the advice RE: WoT... made all the diff.  

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Most of the issues in WoT MM have been addressed. There are a couple that could be to make it as close to ideal as possible, but I doubt they ever will be.

Not sure what advice I gave you Fluffy, but you're welcome. I stopped playing WoT about 4 or more months ago I think. Maybe even longer. Best advice I ever gave myself, lol.

Sign in to follow this